The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand having a favorite. I collect much more classic monster movies than more modern horror icons. I have my favorite Wolfman, but I still have many others that are great in their own way. I also have the Rainman Psycho set. But I like my Distinctive Dummies Norman Bates as well. Wouldn't want to part with either. But the Rainman is my favorite. I have looked at all the various myers available. the one that was within my budget, and my ability to actually get it was the Caine one. It's well done. T Squared did the work. It isn't a Madbug, or a One's custom....but I personally love it. it's all about perspective I guess. I am just happy I was able to get a decent representation in 1/6 after all these years. I actually met nick Castle at a Horrorhound. Talked to him, got my picture with him, and got a bunch of cool stuff signed by him. So I needed a nice figure to go with the stuff. As soon as my base comes in I will add some pics.

I've got a Onescustoms "Warlock" '81 H2 Myers available if the offer is right. If anyone is interested, PM me.

3cbb865c9f758cd69715869b9280a93c.jpg
Still a work in progress! [emoji382][emoji380]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking a shot at a 78' head sculpt. I really like "The blackest eyes V2" sculpt but they are really hard to find and are quite expensive. So I figured I'd have a go at sculpting one. This represents about 20 hours of work and I'm ready for another set of eyes to point out what I'm missing. Looking for some constructive criticism. If you think it sucks, that's fine, but tell me why it sucks, otherwise it's not helpful. I'm enjoying the process, it's been awhile since I sculpted and I'm enjoying it. Just taking the photos has pointed out some things I missed. Curious as to how this is reading to a Myers crowd.mm1.jpgmm2.jpgmm3.jpgmm4.jpgmm5.jpgmm6.jpgmm6.jpgmm7.jpgmm8.JPGmm8.JPGmm9.jpgmm10.jpg

Hmm. I can see the resemblance but there's a fee things that seem to be throwing it off. The nose needs some refinement. The shape (no pun intended) of the face itself seems a little fuller than it should be. Hope this helps, definitely coming along!

Eye holes look to have the shape of a human eye if you cut out exactly around the shape of the eyelids, where the ‘78 has generic, asymmetrical cutouts.

I would look at the captain Kirk mask and sculpt it from that. Not from the Myers mask itself. And too many facial contours. Should be a lot smoother except for the cheek bones. Don't forget the brow lines or the "scowl" definitions on the forehead.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and I agree with all of them. His face is too full and bumpy should be flatter and smoother. He's got a bit of a frog-eye thing going on and overall it's still a bit too big. This helps! I will continue to have at it. Thanks everyone!

Thanks to all for the suggestions and I agree with all of them. His face is too full and bumpy should be flatter and smoother. He's got a bit of a frog-eye thing going on and overall it's still a bit too big. This helps! I will continue to have at it. Thanks everyone!

I'm sure I'll go through this when sculpting mine!

Just remember, don't give up, the Shape never does!

Yeah,
I would have to strongly disagree. My personal favorites are both Madbug versions and One’s Blackest Eyes 2.0. I also favor Betos original full figure sculpt too. I have what I want in my collection except for the Madbug retool but that will soon change. I dont think anybodys sculpt sucks and i respect all takes on our beloved Michael and really dig looking at our fellow collectors pics and different poses/displays.
Congrats to all you gents that just got your hands on Tsquared’s Madbug paint work, he really worked that sculpt to perfection [emoji1364]. Keep posting your pics guys and thanks for sharing. [emoji380][emoji316][emoji1362]
My 2 cent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate the kind words, my man. Much thanks. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I admire your welcoming of constructive criticism. After all, its really the only way we grow, but anyway..... I think you're on to something, but as mentioned previously, there are a few things that are off.... no need to reiterate them. Keep working at it. I'm intrigued. Let's see some more please.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks again for all the suggestions & encouragement. I spent some more time on him, de-bulking, smoothing and of course playing with proportion. And once again I think I could use some critiques. Am I getting hotter or colder? Thoughts appreciated. This will probably be my last attempt till after turkey day, so Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
mma.jpg
mmb.jpg
mmc.jpg
mmd.JPG
mme.jpg
mmf.jpg
mmg.jpg
mmh.jpg

Thanks again for all the suggestions & encouragement. I spent some more time on him, de-bulking, smoothing and of course playing with proportion. And once again I think I could use some critiques. Am I getting hotter or colder? Thoughts appreciated. This will probably be my last attempt till after turkey day, so Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
View attachment 433819
View attachment 433820
View attachment 433821
View attachment 433822
View attachment 433823
View attachment 433824
View attachment 433825
View attachment 433826

Looking better. The bridge of the nose is a little wide, chin is very round like a ball, also only one side of the mouth has the Kirk smirk. Ears MAY be too big and too far back that's starting to be a great looking sculpt

Back