The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen her profile. Triad Toys. She seems to make some pretty decent 1/6 clothes but here's what I noticed, It mainly seems to be for female figures and rarely male figures. So maybe her heart wasn't in it. But those coveralls look pretty dreadful. Maybe you could dye them dark blue and see if you can sell them off for $50. The light colour would make the stitching look worse.

Seen her profile. Triad Toys. She seems to make some pretty decent 1/6 clothes but here's what I noticed, It mainly seems to be for female figures and rarely male figures. So maybe her heart wasn't in it. But those coveralls look pretty dreadful. Maybe you could dye them dark blue and see if you can sell them off for $50. The light colour would make the stitching look worse.

Well the H6 coveralls are suppose to be grey, but IDK if anyone in their right mind would want these....

This is how they are suppose to look.

George_Wilbur_2.jpg

I know they're supposed to be grey but most 1/6 collectors would be after a 78 Myers and dark blue coveralls is usually the colour. Your best hope is you catch out somebody who's new to collecting and wants a cheap pair of coveralls. The dark blue should help make them look a bit better I'd have thought.

I feel the need to stick up for the tailor for Psycho's coveralls at this point as he's not telling the whole story. He posted this all over facebook as well and I saw her response before it got deleted. Apparently the material fabric that he provided the tailor with was junk, its obviously too thick as you can see in the pictures and she said it was cheap and notified him that she didn't recommend using it but he insisted anyway. She wanted to use a better/different material. So she went through with it and said it was literally falling apart while she was trying to work with it and had to spray some kind of product on it for it to sort of hold together(I forgot the name). She also stated something about him taking forever to pay. So I don't think it's really fair for us to jump to conclusions after only hearing one side of the story. I think both parties are slightly to blame in this situation. Psycho you should have listened to her in the first place and she should have not went through with it if she wasn't comfortable using the fabric. But I can't even say I blame her if you were insisting.

It's not really fair of you to be trying to bash her for her work because you aren't happy with a product that she didn't want to do. And it's kind of stupid for you to nitpick something that time consuming when you're only paying 100 and you know most tailors would charge around 300. I think you don't appreciate what goes into making something like that by hand. I think you're just making an ass of yourself for crying about it at this point especially since it was only 100 bucks. If you have to penny pinch that much, custom figures probably is the wrong hobby for you if you want other people to do your dirty work.

I feel the need to stick up for the tailor for Psycho's coveralls at this point as he's not telling the whole story. He posted this all over facebook as well and I saw her response before it got deleted. Apparently the material fabric that he provided the tailor with was junk, its obviously too thick as you can see in the pictures and she said it was cheap and notified him that she didn't recommend using it but he insisted anyway. She wanted to use a better/different material. So she went through with it and said it was literally falling apart while she was trying to work with it and had to spray some kind of product on it for it to sort of hold together(I forgot the name). She also stated something about him taking forever to pay. So I don't think it's really fair for us to jump to conclusions after only hearing one side of the story. I think both parties are slightly to blame in this situation. Psycho you should have listened to her in the first place and she should have not went through with it if she wasn't comfortable using the fabric. But I can't even say I blame her if you were insisting.

It was the fabic that she linked to me so how is that my fault if it was the wrong fabric?? And she allowed me to split the payments and I had over dawn my bank account and she was ok with this until today... But still the matter is that it was a rushed job.. And she neve ronce complained to me about the fabric until today.

Dude you payed ONLY ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS what did you expect them to look like? Perfect? Stop being such a baby. You don't buy a Kia and expect Ferrari performance and then go around the internet complaining that your Kia isn't as fast as a supercar.

It's not like you sent her premade coveralls to modify. She had to make them from scratch. I'm not a tailor but I would guess that's way more time than $100 worth of work.

It's not like you sent her premade coveralls to modify. She had to make them from scratch. I'm not a tailor but I would guess that's way more time than $100 worth of work.

Bro why do you care that much about my issue? Are you friends with this tailor or secretly her? Why else would you get so emotionally upset about this as a suppossed neutral party?. Why do you care so much about this situation. I'm just saying if you look at her other work it's no where near as bad as this so that makes me think that it was a rushed job. But whatever it is what it is. I'm done arguing with ppl over this subject.

You're spending so much time complaining about it that's why. As someone who respects art I know that you're potentially ruining her business by posting everywhere and complaining about it. That's someones life you're messing with. I don't know man. Why don't you post a screencap of your emails or messages with her so we know what was actually said?

I want to be on your side bud but its not fair for any of us to judge the situation based off one parties version of the story.

With that said, I just ordered that narrow shoulder body I was showing you and I'll post new pics when I get it and let you know if it's worth getting.

I want to be on your side bud but its not fair for any of us to judge the situation based off one parties version of the story.

With that said, I just ordered that narrow shoulder body I was showing you and I'll post new pics when I get it and let you know if it's worth getting.
Hey man...I've been following this too and I'm friends with Psycho as well. He's a good honest guy who is very passionate about Myers obviously so maybe you can back off a little. Why are you so bothered by him talking about this tailor? I'm sorry but you are coming off a little crazy here with all your posts. You have a right to your opinion as well but man are you coming at him full force. There is no way that you aren't some how emotionally attached to this somehow with the way you are coming across here. Sorry but since you have decided to clearly take the tailors side here and come at Psycho so aggressively, I decide that I will help him and even the playing ground. Oh and by the way, the coveralls look like crap regardless of the price.

Hey man...I've been following this too and I'm friends with Psycho as well. He's a good honest guy who is very passionate about Myers obviously so maybe you can back off a little. Why are you so bothered by him talking about this tailor? I'm sorry but you are coming off a little crazy here with all your posts. You have a right to your opinion as well but man are you coming at him full force. There is no way that you aren't some how emotionally attached to this somehow with the way you are coming across here. Sorry but since you have decided to clearly take the tailors side here and come at Psycho so aggressively, I decide that I will help him and even the playing ground. Oh and by the way, the coveralls look like crap regardless of the price.

Thanks ron. Yes they are only $100 but still the fact remains the same her Other work looked no where near as bad as mine does. You think Sean Debbs would of been happy with The Catwoman she did if she gave it the same treatment that she did to my coveralls probably not...

I agree they look pretty crappy guys but you get what you pay for, and 100 for a pair of hand made coveralls I don't know what you were expecting them to look like. Like I said, that was probably very time consuming. Other people are charging around $300 and now we are seeing people even complaining about those.

I'm sure once you get them you could always have them tweaked a little by someone like ZsaszSays, that guy does awesome work for a good price.

I agree they look pretty crappy guys but you get what you pay for, and 100 for a pair of hand made coveralls I don't know what you were expecting them to look like. Like I said, that was probably very time consuming. Other people are charging around $300 and now we are seeing people even complaining about those.
Sideshows original Myers figure had better looking coveralls then this and the whole figure at the time cost around $45. So price means nothing. You pay for a service and you want to be happy with the result. According to your theory, I shouldn't complain if a hamburger tastes bad off the dollar menu because well it only cost a dollar. But guess what? I still would complain if the burger taste like crap. If the tailor has pride in her work then she should make the best coveralls she can and when people see how good they are, she builds a rep and eventually can charge higher. So if her excuse is that she couldn't do it because it only cost $100, then don't do it.

Sideshows original Myers figure had better looking coveralls then this and the whole figure at the time cost around $45. So price means nothing. You pay for a service and you want to be happy with the result. According to your theory, I shouldn't complain if a hamburger tastes bad off the dollar menu because well it only cost a dollar. But guess what? I still would complain if the burger taste like crap. If the tailor has pride in her work then she should make the best coveralls she can and when people see how good they are, she builds a rep and eventually can charge higher. So if her excuse is that she couldn't do it because it only cost $100, then don't do it.

....well said.
you work, with what you got, and do the best out of it. after all its your name on the line...right?

Back