The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact of the matter is that he charges cheaper than say One or me because he uses cheaper parts. Simple as that. You get what you pay for.
True and when you pay higher prices from the top customizers around here like Beto or Rainman, you are getting a complete figure top to bottom with awesome tailoring, bodies, real metal accessories etc etc. A few years ago some customizers here were charging around $300 to $400 for custom figures that still were made better then these.

The only part I disagree with you on is I don't feel that you get what you paid for even at those prices with CU. A Hot Toys figure that comes with a Hot Toys quality body most of the time costs less then $350. Now you can argue the point that customs cost more because their hand made and not commercially released etc etc, but with the clothing and bodies this guy is using to complete the figures, I feel its still doesn't make the $350 price point. Plus the accessories are very cheaply made. I bought a Myers from CU a while ago and as soon as I opened the figure up, I knew things had to be swapped out. The pumpkins are styrofoam for goodness sake.

I actually completely agree, I was just trying to be nice. :lol That price is a pretty far reach for the quality of work.
LOL...understood. I'm not trying to be harsh on CU but maybe if they heard more of this kind of feedback they would understand where they need to step it up. :)

Thanks a lot guys!

Here's some more pics of Myers. Ported him on an Arnold body.
Coveralls were made by Geewhiz custom and weathered by me. I still need to add the bullet holes and the patches.

IMG_0353_zpsbeb5c405.jpg

IMG_0345_zpscc68da05.jpg

IMG_0337_zpse4ad9a7e.jpg

IMG_0344_zps33887e22.jpg

IMG_0338_zpsaf624bc4.jpg

IMG_0346_zpsd7b39b48.jpg

IMG_0355_zps3c90a5de.jpg

Looks awesome if you dont mind me asking how much was it to get the coveralls tailored? I'm looking for a good tailor to make me some Halloween 6 coveralls.

Anyone know if Beto is still selling his coveralls? I tried PM'ing him a few days ago but never got a reply back.

Thanks guys. I have him on a ZCWO slim body. I like the slender Nick Castle look. I would like to make him a bit taller but the way the coveralls are tailored, it will give him high waters and wedge lol

Thanks guys. I have him on a ZCWO slim body. I like the slender Nick Castle look. I would like to make him a bit taller but the way the coveralls are tailored, it will give him high waters and wedge lol
Give yourself credit. You did a great job with him. He does look good! I use ttm19 or a KO of ttm19 for my Myers figure and he still looks slim to me. You could try that body? Just an suggestion.

Moe's most recent run. I was lucky enough to actually receive them. I dyed and weathered them. Added a few "snaps" too. They have a nice green tint in natural sunlight.

Hey guys. so i have a everything for my custom myers all i need is a black t shirt. what one do you guys recommend for my h1 myers? and what do you use for yours?

Cheers

Aaron

Hey guys. so i have a everything for my custom myers all i need is a black t shirt. what one do you guys recommend for my h1 myers? and what do you use for yours?

Cheers

Aaron

I picked up a black T-shirt on ebay. It was a "Navy Seal" shirt I belive.

Back