The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
236821847_PulpFictionVincentVega_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg
[/CENTER]

lol i need to futz with his hair.:rotfl:rotfl

I Found It! It's Anchor Bay THX Dean Cundey approved Transfer. The 78' should not be viewed in Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray is too clean and the color timing/transfer is wrong.

Last edited:
?? Never heard of this version. Would like to see this version as well. Also did anyone else get the Shout Factory release of Halloween 2? I picked up the blu ray 2 disc version, which I must say is way better than last year's Universal's 30th anniversary release. From Sleeve cover to the dual, reversible case sleeve covers to the graphics on the discs themselves. It came with a DVD copy of the TV version of Halloween 2 and holy hell, that version got me lost:lol. This thing is everywhere with the re-editing.

You think that's confusing. How about the fact that the TV version was what I saw first when I was a kid on TV. My mind was blown when I saw the actual Theater cut for the first time after seeing the TV version several times. I had no idea they changed so much with the editing until I saw the normal version. I think they attempted to re-edit some things to make it match the original movie's style more but now that I have seen both, I enjoy the version the way it was intended in the theaters.

You think that's confusing. How about the fact that the TV version was what I saw first when I was a kid on TV. My mind was blown when I saw the actual Theater cut for the first time after seeing the TV version several times. I had no idea they changed so much with the editing until I saw the normal version. I think they attempted to re-edit some things to make it match the original movie's style more but now that I have seen both, I enjoy the version the way it was intended in the theaters.

That's crazy, I can imagine. What had my laughing was the end when Jimmy is walking through the hallways, while Loomis, Laurie and Myers are in the room getting gas'd up. When Loomis hit the lighter and blows up the room, all of a sudden he's in the room with the nurse on the table with her blood pumped out onto the floor and he falls from the apparent force of the blast? :cuckoo:. But I enjoyed it nonetheless. I liked some of the alternative shots and extra scene of Myers just walking around.

I like the image of Myers bleeding from the eyes but I never liked 2. It's boring. All the hospital stuff is just boring to look at. Never liked the whole "Laurie Strode is Myers sister" crap either. It's like they were really reaching and trying to make it different and interesting. And I ****ing hate Michael Myers in that movie! He moves like a robot. There were some scenes where we saw something similar in the original but nothing to the extent as in 2. Like the part where he's walking very, very slowly down the steps and he's looking dead forward. Why can't he look down the steps?? You know to watch where he is going. What, is that supposed to be scary?? Lame. Not to mention that Laurie apparently becomes an expert marksman at the end. Yeah, **** that movie.

I like the image of Myers bleeding from the eyes but I never liked 2. It's boring. All the hospital stuff is just boring to look at. Never liked the whole "Laurie Strode is Myers sister" crap either. It's like they were really reaching and trying to make it different and interesting. And I ****ing hate Michael Myers in that movie! He moves like a robot. There were some scenes where we saw something similar in the original but nothing to the extent as in 2. Like the part where he's walking very, very slowly down the steps and he's looking dead forward. Why can't he look down the steps?? You know to watch where he is going. What, is that supposed to be scary?? Lame. Not to mention that Laurie apparently becomes an expert marksman at the end. Yeah, **** that movie.

I agree about this being boring at times. The whole "sister" story wasn't really done to make this one different or interesting. Hell the only real reason this was made was because of the success of the first and the "pressure" ( and apparently lawsuits) from the producers. Tommy Wallace said the reason he dropped out as director was because of the script and story, especially the "sister" thing.

As for Warlock Myers, I've grown to like this look and his interpretation. But Castle's Myers takes the top. Funny you mention his robotic walk. They talked about it in the making of documentary. I guess you blame that on both Warlock for "not getting Castle's Myers" and producers for not speaking up during filming since apparently some hated it as well but never told Warlock during filming. Also don't think it takes a marksman to a raise a gun, point and shoot. Myers was close enough. Now taking a couple of slugs to the face/head and still going is another thing.

Now Dr. Loomis and Sheriff Brackett makes this movie for me. Tons of great one liners as well as Loomis craziness to keep me satisfied with this movie.

" You let him ooOOUT!!........"One of their number was butchered. This is a WAKE!!"...." What is it you guys usually do? Fire a warning shot, right? "...."Is it him or not!"..."..one of them was Annie!".

I agree about this being boring at times. The whole "sister" story wasn't really done to make this one different or interesting. Hell the only real reason this was made was because of the success of the first and the "pressure" ( and apparently lawsuits) from the producers. Tommy Wallace said the reason he dropped out as director was because of the script and story, especially the "sister" thing.

As for Warlock Myers, I've grown to like this look and his interpretation. But Castle's Myers takes the top. Funny you mention his robotic walk. They talked about it in the making of documentary. I guess you blame that on both Warlock for "not getting Castle's Myers" and producers for not speaking up during filming since apparently some hated it as well but never told Warlock during filming. Also don't think it takes a marksman to a raise a gun, point and shoot. Myers was close enough. Now taking a couple of slugs to the face/head and still going is another thing.

Now Dr. Loomis and Sheriff Brackett makes this movie for me. Tons of great one liners as well as Loomis craziness to keep me satisfied with this movie.

" You let him ooOOUT!!........"One of their number was butchered. This is a WAKE!!"...." What is it you guys usually do? Fire a warning shot, right? "...."Is it him or not!"..."..one of them was Annie!".

I've come to appreciate part 2 just as much a 1. I think Warlock brought his own take on the character that is just as iconic at this point. I also like the original the best but I know many who say part 2 was actually their favorite due to more killings and stuff. I have to say the hospital setting was a great choice for a creepy atmosphere. Besides the glaring differences with the look of Myers, I do feel like part 1 and 2 work well together watching them back to back.

Dude, she shot both his eyes out and didn't even clip the mask. :lol

Back