The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the NECA one is great. Since they’re coming out with a 1/4 version, maybe somebody can scale it down to 1/6 if there isn’t a better one out by that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely looking forward to the 18" version, I didn't even really know about NECA back when there '78 18" came out and it's quite pricey now, I had the Rob Zombie one at one point, really liked it, but got rid of it for space, wish I still had it now, it goes for crazy prices on eBay now.

Meantime, their 7" efforts just keep getting better.

attachment.php

The H40 mask is a tough one, I think with all the various sculpts being done, there's a lot of room for preference, and the mask itself looks different throughout the film.

For me, this is the sort of look I want in a collectible.

View attachment 441304

Then there's shots like this where it damn near looks like a clean '78.

View attachment 441307

While not perfect, I think NECA's prototype probably captured it best for a figure of any kind.

606874.jpg

606875.jpg

They really captured that distortion quality that shows the mask is aged.

To me, this one is a bit too smooth and perfect looking overall and feels a bit more like the mask's condition after 20 years, only halfway to aged.

924ab714aee8bc5db9bc278b6891e685.jpg

This version looked more beaten up and worn, even if some of the overall forms needed work.

44356989_690079214691494_1042252982038614834_n.jpg

Then there's this one, which to me looks off in many ways, most of all the sculpts I've seen.

93e9cc16ff4fba9663cf16562961b416.jpg

This is definitely one of the best ones.

attachment.php

Ha thanks man!

The H40 mask is a tough one, I think with all the various sculpts being done, there's a lot of room for preference, and the mask itself looks different throughout the film.

For me, this is the sort of look I want in a collectible.

View attachment 441304

Then there's shots like this where it damn near looks like a clean '78.

View attachment 441307

While not perfect, I think NECA's prototype probably captured it best for a figure of any kind.

606874.jpg

606875.jpg

They really captured that distortion quality that shows the mask is aged.

To me, this one is a bit too smooth and perfect looking overall and feels a bit more like the mask's condition after 20 years, only halfway to aged.

924ab714aee8bc5db9bc278b6891e685.jpg

This version looked more beaten up and worn, even if some of the overall forms needed work.

44356989_690079214691494_1042252982038614834_n.jpg

Then there's this one, which to me looks off in many ways, most of all the sculpts I've seen.

93e9cc16ff4fba9663cf16562961b416.jpg

This is definitely one of the best ones.

attachment.php
That pic of Beto's was his first sculpt. He has since revised it and showed updated pics which look even better. Beto will deliver when the final product arrives.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

That pic of Beto's was his first sculpt. He has since revised it and showed updated pics which look even better. Beto will deliver when the final product arrives.

Pretty sure one of the pics I posted in that series is the updated sculpt, and personally I think it's somewhat of a step down. The Shatner mask anatomy is better, but the worn out aspect was lost. The best sculpt would be taking the worn elements of the first and mixing them with the anatomical accuracy of the second.

Pretty sure one of the pics I posted in that series is the updated sculpt, and personally I think it's somewhat of a step down. The Shatner mask anatomy is better, but the worn out aspect was lost. The best sculpt would be taking the worn elements of the first and mixing them with the anatomical accuracy of the second.
Well I can't argue about something that is not reality yet so we will see once his figure is done. My point is Beto's final results always come out better then his WIP pics. But again, I can't debate something that doesn't exist yet so time will tell. LOL

Well to be truly fair, all of this discussion is based on photos which can be either flattering or unflattering and not always the fairest to a piece. I remember some concerns over the original Beto prototype when it was finished and how much detail seemed lost in the sculpt from the raw sculpt pics and then they posted new pics to balance the light better.

Michael Myers is tough to photograph for sure, especially painted, you have a bright white face with dark clothes, trying to show the clothes as more than black without washing the face out in too much white is tricky, I had similar issues taking pictures of Ledger Joker figures.

Well to be truly fair, all of this discussion is based on photos which can be either flattering or unflattering and not always the fairest to a piece. I remember some concerns over the original Beto prototype when it was finished and how much detail seemed lost in the sculpt from the raw sculpt pics and then they posted new pics to balance the light better.

Michael Myers is tough to photograph for sure, especially painted, you have a bright white face with dark clothes, trying to show the clothes as more than black without washing the face out in too much white is tricky, I had similar issues taking pictures of Ledger Joker figures.

Amen to that and Myers is an enigma for sure!! Everyone has their interpretation of what they feel is right or correct but like you said, the lighting and angles play a big role in showing the mask. That goes for the movies too. So many different looks and styles depending on the setting and who is wearing the mask in that particular scene. We all know several people wore the mask in the original Halloween alone which also creates those different looks. The trick is to be accepting and open to everyone's efforts and not insult or put our nose up to someone's work. I think since Myers has such an array of looks, many variations of him can be considered good and capturing a moment from film. We all have a vision in our head of what looks right or accurate. Its a fascinating likeness to capture for sure. Ledger is another one that so many people take a crack at and another challenging one is the likeness of Harrison Ford whether it be Solo or Indy. LOL

Amen to that and Myers is an enigma for sure!! Everyone has their interpretation of what they feel is right or correct but like you said, the lighting and angles play a big role in showing the mask. That goes for the movies too. So many different looks and styles depending on the setting and who is wearing the mask in that particular scene. We all know several people wore the mask in the original Halloween alone which also creates those different looks. The trick is to be accepting and open to everyone's efforts and not insult or put our nose up to someone's work. I think since Myers has such an array of looks, many variations of him can be considered good and capturing a moment from film. We all have a vision in our head of what looks right or accurate. Its a fascinating likeness to capture for sure. Ledger is another one that so many people take a crack at and another challenging one is the likeness of Harrison Ford whether it be Solo or Indy. LOL

There are absolutely real faces that seem to challenge sculptors where it seems it takes having a real gift at capturing portraits to nail them, and you hit the nail on the head about Myers, it's a mask, which means it's going to vary from photo to photo for a multitude of reasons. There is a fundamental sculpt, the William Shatner mask, but depending on how it's worn, things distort. Look at the difference in stuntmen from H1 to H2 and how much it changes, the nose looks wider in H2, the overall head rounder. I even noticed with my personal Myers mask, how it looks on the mannequin head vs when I wear it is quite different.

I've seen some '78 sculpts here where I've critiqued the nose as looking to thin, but I recently noticed that in the part just after Tommy says "you can't kill the boogeymen, walking along that hall by the stairs, it looks quite thin like those sculpts. Other shots in '78 it looks wider. Personal preference is definitely a factor, I don't personally like the thinner nose look much, nor the wide H2 nose, I like something in between that probably looks closer to a stock Shatner mask.

That's where the trouble comes in with H40, at the very least we know some shots were Nick Castle, and some James Jude Courtney, and I read or saw somewhere that Nelson made the mask for Courtney specifically, instead of just generically making a one-size fits all mask that he'd put on. In some ways, I don't like this, I think it changes the look where a one size fits all would be better and consistent with the original mask. I have no idea if the same was done for Castle or if he wore the Courtney catered mask. There was also at least one younger stuntman playing Michael, I have a behind the scenes shot of them in Laurie's basement.

Not sure the reason, but there's a few times where the mask looks really horrible, like this moment.

H184K_00186.jpg

Castle had his own "unique" mask according to Nelson which was made to fit him. Also, I think it's interesting how the mask for JJC was almost form fitting according to him. Personally, I'm glad to see the variety, though I wish the availability was better.

Castle had his own "unique" mask according to Nelson which was made to fit him. Also, I think it's interesting how the mask for JJC was almost form fitting according to him.

Makes sense with Castle, otherwise I don't think the mask would have looked as good on him as it does. It's very easy to spot Castle vs JJC, Castle looks just like an aged '78, he still has the Shape, whereas JJC looks more like Warlock in H2 overall.

As for form fitting, I can believe it, I think this shot is the mask being worked over a casting of JJC.

1.jpg

Personally, I'm glad to see the variety, though I wish the availability was better.

Agreed, the variety is good and enjoyable to watch and discuss, but like you, I wish availability were different. I don't take issue with the prices of customs nor mean insult to custom artists, but I wish a licensed company would make 1/6 figures so I could get a decent Myers 1/6 for $200-$300 instead of twice to three times that much. Most I've invested in a single figure was maybe $350.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I honestly think there might be two shots with Castle as the Shape; the mirror one is confirmed, and I have a feeling the shot in the graveyard with Myers peering behind the tree in the distance. I could be wrong, but something about the stature looks a little more like Castle than JJC, not that it matters either way.

Agreed.

I honestly think there might be two shots with Castle as the Shape; the mirror one is confirmed, and I have a feeling the shot in the graveyard with Myers peering behind the tree in the distance. I could be wrong, but something about the stature looks a little more like Castle than JJC, not that it matters either way.

Pretty sure this is also Castle, just looks so '78 compared to the other shots.

H184K_00047.jpg

This is a great reference, Castle on the left, JJC on the right.

MYERS.jpg

That very well could be, he doesn't look as tall as JJC there either, though that could be the camera playing tricks on us. Part of me wishes they had done some medium close up shots of Castle as the Shape. That would've been neat.

ALSO, have you seen Yh Ha's digital sculpts he's going to be releasing (hopefully!) of both a masked and unmasked '18 Myers? Looks promising.

ALSO, have you seen Yh Ha's digital sculpts he's going to be releasing (hopefully!) of both a masked and unmasked '18 Myers? Looks promising.

No, where can those be found?

I do wish more artists making Myers heads would do sculpted hair, I know faux hair looks cooler but Myers has such a distinct look and rarely does faux hair capture it.

He posted on the new customs board. Pm me if you don't have the link yet. He called it "serial killer old man" or something like that.

Hmm, that YH HA sculpt looks pretty nice. Based on the comparison shot I kinda like the Castle look a little more. JJC’s mask almost looks a little too stretched out in that shot, like they made the same mask for both instead of having them scaled to each actor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back