The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just shot them each a private message. Thanks for the input guys. If I'm unable to get a Ones Customs V3, is the madbug sculpt easy to paint and attach hair? I imagine it's just different shades of white and black. Any tips or advice?
My person opinion I like the mad bug over the ones.. you could contact Petes paintwork for hiring and paint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just shot them each a private message. Thanks for the input guys. If I'm unable to get a Ones Customs V3, is the madbug sculpt easy to paint and attach hair? I imagine it's just different shades of white and black. Any tips or advice?

Honestly, yeah it's not THAT hard to paint if you're a huge Halloween fan and you will know exactly how you want your Myers sculpt to look. Some people have their OCD about it and prefer an experienced painter to paint it for them. I've painted maybe two Myers sculpts in the past just out of curiosity of how I'd do. They turned out pretty good.

It's a mixture of white, black and gray. Some people used a touch of blue in their paint. You will want to prime the sculpt first. Once it's dried, you would want to paint the flesh color (orange paint mix with medium skin tone paint) as a base coat on the sculpt. Then go from there with white, black and gray. The eyes are the toughest part. Some people could paint in the eyes and others just black them out. Some prefers Myers to have eyes and others prefer a black out eyes. It really boils down to what is your preference and what are you comfortable with.

The hair is a completely different story! Lol! It is a pain in the ass. It is messy! I attempted to hair a sculpt for the first time, I did pretty good but my good grief what a mess! :lol I've haired a few sculpts myself, the more practice I did, it got easier to do. There's tons of different type of hairs to use. Some use mohair (good for beginners and for Myers sculpt). Some use Tibetan hair, I think that's the right word, (this one is much more messy).

Painting and hairing a sculpt may be too time consuming for some people, depending on their schedule.

Otherwise if you're not comfortable with trying to paint and hair it yourself, then find a painter that fits in your budget. The ideal picture here is, the more you pay, the better the painter's skills of painting will be. That's my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh by the way I've heard some people talking about a "wig" which is a complete hair piece that you just slap on the sculpt using glue and adjust/tweak it to get it to fit on there good. I've never seen a wig yet though.

One more thing...if you do buy the retooled Madbug v2 sculpt, you will also have to drill out the neck. That's another thing to consider.

Thanks for the instructions Amstel!

Where did you hear about this wig? I might be interested. And I just got a pm from SpiderForever7. He told me the neck is already drilled out, which is nice. I'd just need to paint it and put the hair.

And if I were to paint eyes, how should I go about doing it?

Psycho! I forgot about taking pictures of Legio7 H2 figure for you!! So sorry! Will get to that asap.

Psycho! I forgot about taking pictures of Legio7 H2 figure for you!! So sorry! Will get to that asap.

Ok awesome thanks.... I asked them about an old loomis and they said they could. So just incase threezero doesn't do an older Loomis I got an plan.

Ok awesome thanks.... I asked them about an old loomis and they said they could. So just incase threezero doesn't do an older Loomis I got an plan.

Ohh! Cool! Keep me posted. [emoji1303]

Here's Legio7 Warlock- keep in mind it was their first time attempting to sculpt the Warlock mask. Of course we all know how tough that is for any sculptor to get that accurate look of Warlock mask.

The sculpt is slightly oversized. They used a bigger body with him. I switched the body out which made the head look bigger so I went with One's sculpt for now to display him.

The figure came with the box, COA, knife and scalpel. Regardless of the imperfections, I think they did a good job.

4c840103fac824ceccb51f4d58994028.jpg

bfa655afd218d1e57918fb8685000dbe.jpg

bb1f9579fa7c17c49c85fc5c7960521a.jpg

And this is with One's Warlock sculpt-

12d2767d0e5435d1da4f269c818aabcc.jpg

I think they did great for their first time. I'm sure the H6 would be easier to capture and if I told them what body I'd be using they would use as a base

I think they did great for their first time. I'm sure the H6 would be easier to capture and if I told them what body I'd be using they would use as a base

I agree. I didn't tell them what body I wanted to use for Warlock. That's on me. I know they'll do much better next time the more they work on any Myers sculpts. They told me it was their first time doing a Warlock sculpt.

I agree. I didn't tell them what body I wanted to use for Warlock. That's on me. I know they'll do much better next time the more they work on any Myers sculpts. They told me it was their first time doing a Warlock sculpt.

Looks amazing for their first time on Myers.

Happy Halloween! Always enjoying looking at all the custom Myers figures. I have been slowly putting mine together. Thanks to KillerCustoms82 who I recently picked up the pumpkin from. Hopefully by next Halloween I can put together a nicer stand/diorama. Michael Myers is such a great character, it nice to have been able to make this figure part of my collection.

Excellent Myers and good luck with the diorama setup.

d5cda27fe81d6883d82323e093f1a8d6.jpeg

Happy Halloween!!! From my family to yours , stay safe!!

Sick!!!

Getting closer to finishing my Myers build. Happy HalloweeN everyone.

nguYAz6.jpg

Nearly there.

Ohh! Cool! Keep me posted. [emoji1303]

Here's Legio7 Warlock- keep in mind it was their first time attempting to sculpt the Warlock mask. Of course we all know how tough that is for any sculptor to get that accurate look of Warlock mask.

The sculpt is slightly oversized. They used a bigger body with him. I switched the body out which made the head look bigger so I went with One's sculpt for now to display him.

The figure came with the box, COA, knife and scalpel. Regardless of the imperfections, I think they did a good job.

4c840103fac824ceccb51f4d58994028.jpg

bfa655afd218d1e57918fb8685000dbe.jpg

bb1f9579fa7c17c49c85fc5c7960521a.jpg

And this is with One's Warlock sculpt-

12d2767d0e5435d1da4f269c818aabcc.jpg

Love seeing new Warlocks on the scene.

In regards to painting the madbug sculpt, do you guys have a list of supplies I would need and where to get them (preferred paints, hair, etc) to complete the project? I want it to look as good as possible. Thanks for all the tips so far. It's much appreciated!

In regards to painting the madbug sculpt, do you guys have a list of supplies I would need and where to get them (preferred paints, hair, etc) to complete the project? I want it to look as good as possible. Thanks for all the tips so far. It's much appreciated!

Hobby Lobby and Michaels are go to stores for the supplies. Some orders them online. I just go to the store. Here's some paints. One thing...DO NOT use enamel. Ever. Only use acrylic paint. Ok.

I usually go to Hobby Lobby for the paints and Michaels for the paint brushes. I noticed Michaels have the better deal on bulks of paint brushes than Hobby Lobby.

I use both model masters and model color acrylic paints....

ec2c1414721a552e1fc68884d23be40b.png

2fade9a6bc52bd5a88a98757d99162b3.png

This is what you use to seal the paint in when you are completely done with painting....
2e96f415e5029cbdae7fd0ec2a131b08.png

You want to use this to prime the sculpt before you start painting it...
31eeefbef4654630c20d24a054c1cf5c.png

Tamiya acrylic Clear Red
This is the best paint to use for blood effects...warning you...this stinks!! Best to use mask while painting with this...
ceb497428642f29b0c2a6cfb7b803bb8.png

As for brushes, I buy them cheap. But be sure to buy the one with synthetic bristles. They are not durable like natural hair bristles but they are better for acrylics. They come cheap. Can last you few months if you keep them clean. Good for beginners and people who don't paint sculpts/accessories very often.

Use water or thinner when you mix the paint. It helps to thin the paint and not making it too thick when you do coats.

And do some dry paint brushing on the sculpt to make it look weathered. You dip the brush very little in the paint and brush it on paper towel until paint is almost invisible then you brush it on the sculpt.

I hope this helps!

Oh and some people use air brush for painting. Said it's easier than hand painting. I don't use it. It's pricey and I don't paint often enough to splurge into buying it.

Oh and some people use air brush for painting. Said it's easier than hand painting. I don't use it. It's pricey and I don't paint often enough to splurge into buying it.

I tried airbrushing and it was difficult for me. But maybe that's cuz I don't have an super steady hand do to being diabetic.

I tried airbrushing and it was difficult for me. But maybe that's cuz I don't have an super steady hand do to being diabetic.

Aww sorry to hear you're diabetic. My dad was one. It's tough.

Probably that could be why. I suppose that depends on the person how well they can handle air brushing.

Hobby Lobby and Michaels are go to stores for the supplies. Some orders them online. I just go to the store. Here's some paints. One thing...DO NOT use enamel. Ever. Only use acrylic paint. Ok.

I usually go to Hobby Lobby for the paints and Michaels for the paint brushes. I noticed Michaels have the better deal on bulks of paint brushes than Hobby Lobby.

I use both model masters and model color acrylic paints....

ec2c1414721a552e1fc68884d23be40b.png

2fade9a6bc52bd5a88a98757d99162b3.png

This is what you use to seal the paint in when you are completely done with painting....
2e96f415e5029cbdae7fd0ec2a131b08.png

You want to use this to prime the sculpt before you start painting it...
31eeefbef4654630c20d24a054c1cf5c.png

Tamiya acrylic Clear Red
This is the best paint to use for blood effects...warning you...this stinks!! Best to use mask while painting with this...
ceb497428642f29b0c2a6cfb7b803bb8.png

As for brushes, I buy them cheap. But be sure to buy the one with synthetic bristles. They are not durable like natural hair bristles but they are better for acrylics. They come cheap. Can last you few months if you keep them clean. Good for beginners and people who don't paint sculpts/accessories very often.

Use water or thinner when you mix the paint. It helps to thin the paint and not making it too thick when you do coats.

And do some dry paint brushing on the sculpt to make it look weathered. You dip the brush very little in the paint and brush it on paper towel until paint is almost invisible then you brush it on the sculpt.

I hope this helps!

Wow! Thank you for the tips! That was very helpful!

What about the hair for the sculpt? Is that at Michaels or Hobby Lobby too?

I'll use brushes. I considered airbrushes before but the price is ridiculous. And I enjoy painting with brushes. It's kind of therapeutic.

I am enjoying all of the Myers love being shown lately. You ALL have some great figures. Makes me want to share. Since I received today, here's my syringe Warlock which is pretty much done. I'm waiting for my Fergo scalpel to come in and I'll be able to swap him to "bloody eyed" Warlock. It's a lot of fun to try to bring these little guys to life. Didn't want any others but I already PO'd the Three Zero fig. The price for what you get shouldn't be passed up.
cf03297b2ef34025a455220a2b485bca.jpg

16c3e422e36f939baf975f29d7b85781.jpg

d13994d51c4432fb095ba0e2a3ca43c7.jpg

Wow! Thank you for the tips! That was very helpful!

What about the hair for the sculpt? Is that at Michaels or Hobby Lobby too?

I'll use brushes. I considered airbrushes before but the price is ridiculous. And I enjoy painting with brushes. It's kind of therapeutic.

Oh I forgot about the hair!

You would have to order them online (eBay). The seller's name is morezmore. They use Tibetan hair. I've bought some from them and I like their hair the best.

Buy glue from Hobby Lobby. I tried using the common gel super glue, Loctite, but I didn't like the result. The best glue to use is this Beacon Fabric glue-

a5c6cc2a86df9e15d4bab2a687568379.png

Keep toothpicks in handy and save a cap from like pop or water bottle to pour glue in it and work with it while you hair the sculpt.

Back