The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Myers from BOTH Joel and Mike, well done lads. :clap

@tattony - Love both Myers you have but the Madbug/Nathan paint up is clearly on another level, I'm really shocked as to how much it leaves Ones sculpt in the dust. Love One's work but Madbug's sculpt is where it's at and with the right painter well it's game over.

Got several Myers in my display (will get a complete pic up when I have it all finished) and I love the different artists take on him. I also have the 'Ultimate' Myers, Banner body, Fergo Black knife, accurate boots, Yunsil coveralls etc. Had my Madbug sculpt for nearly a year now and tried in vain to get Nathan but to no avail so 8-BC will now do mine. I honestly feel 8-BC will match the paint up of Nathan's but the thing that Nathan does better than anyone else is the accurate '78 hairdo. I have not seen a 8-BC Myers paint up with the hair so hopefully he can also achieve the accurate '78 hairdo. I have a preference for the stairway/hall scene hairdo/H4 poster hairdo.

But just as Amstel said you cannot go wrong with what you have already. Also the pure black boots you posted would do a Warlock Myers.

@Amstel - beautiful Myers. Love the build on that Myers, DAMN!!!

I got tore into my Yunsil coveralls last week, really went to town on them. Was initially intimated due to them being so dear but what the hell as they were too clean and I had to do something about it.

I -

1 - Sanded the covealls from top to bottom, moreso at the knees, elbows and cuffs.
2 - Left them steeping for a few hours in some dark coffee.
3 - Left them to soak in some watered down black paint water.
4 - Crunched them all up to achieve the creases that are obvious in the movie.

On a side note all the cuff magnets came off but no biggy as I will re-glue them. They are already a hundred times better. I just need to add some oil marks on certain areas on them and they are finished. Yunsil did a marvellous job on them but like I say they were too clean and no way could my Myers be that clean. :rotfl

Will post pics soon.

Can't wait to see, help me get over the hump of toying with such expensive coveralls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must see your coveralls, Sidious! Post some pictures already. I did not go that far with weathering mine! Lol I just dipped it in coffee that's it. You're right the cuff link magnets fell off while the coveralls was in the coffee and I glued it back on. No big deal.

Nathan Eakins is tough to get a hold of but actually it's easier getting ahold of him on Facebook than on here. I've spoken to him on several occasions there. I believe the waiting period to get your sculpts to him is around a year or so, give or take.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your pictures for sure.

Tattony, I love your set up of Myers!Absolutely amazing. Good job! As for Warlock boots, yeah you just need to find solid black boots with somewhat of a height on the heels. Someone mentioned he wore a "Cat" type of black work boots and they had to add lifts to the heels to make him taller. You won't find many black boots with heightened heels in 1/6 and that is ok, really. Just a plain old black work boots will be fine.

Nice Myers from BOTH Joel and Mike, well done lads. :clap

@tattony - Love both Myers you have but the Madbug/Nathan paint up is clearly on another level, I'm really shocked as to how much it leaves Ones sculpt in the dust. Love One's work but Madbug's sculpt is where it's at and with the right painter well it's game over.

Got several Myers in my display (will get a complete pic up when I have it all finished) and I love the different artists take on him. I also have the 'Ultimate' Myers, Banner body, Fergo Black knife, accurate boots, Yunsil coveralls etc. Had my Madbug sculpt for nearly a year now and tried in vain to get Nathan but to no avail so 8-BC will now do mine. I honestly feel 8-BC will match the paint up of Nathan's but the thing that Nathan does better than anyone else is the accurate '78 hairdo. I have not seen a 8-BC Myers paint up with the hair so hopefully he can also achieve the accurate '78 hairdo. I have a preference for the stairway/hall scene hairdo/H4 poster hairdo.

But just as Amstel said you cannot go wrong with what you have already. Also the pure black boots you posted would do a Warlock Myers.

@Amstel - beautiful Myers. Love the build on that Myers, DAMN!!!

I got tore into my Yunsil coveralls last week, really went to town on them. Was initially intimated due to them being so dear but what the hell as they were too clean and I had to do something about it.

I -

1 - Sanded the covealls from top to bottom, moreso at the knees, elbows and cuffs.
2 - Left them steeping for a few hours in some dark coffee.
3 - Left them to soak in some watered down black paint water.
4 - Crunched them all up to achieve the creases that are obvious in the movie.

On a side note all the cuff magnets came off but no biggy as I will re-glue them. They are already a hundred times better. I just need to add some oil marks on certain areas on them and they are finished. Yunsil did a marvellous job on them but like I say they were too clean and no way could my Myers be that clean. :rotfl

Will post pics soon.

You've got balls my friend. Big ones. :duff

Thought I would post some images of this since I did of my Warlock. Based of Nickle Castle's '78 stretch look. ;)

Friends, my Myers is almost complete. Just waiting on those Yunsil coveralls, and some hands. As far as hands go, do you guys have any recommendations ?

There's a post in the for sale thread with a ton of hands. Looks like a few of them will work. Something about grab bags in the title and Revol is the seller. Also read GI Joe Colton hands work nicely as well. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_20160730_131525.jpg

Can you post a pic of your Freddy figure next to your Myers??

so sorry to see this master piece go -at least the new owner will love him and show him off with pride -

Such a Fantastic Sculpt by the madbug and blessed by Nathans,(Silentsurfers) Powerfull Paint/Hair app Skill,s

Real Pleasure to of owned

ATTACH=CONFIG]272633[/ATTACH]

Nice Myers there asylum9.

Got a few stuff arriving in the next few days. Lots of pics coming this way with coveralls updates, new beastly figure a certain Doctor etc, etc.

Stay tuned!!!

Back