The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man...it's called The Producer's Cut because in this sense it happened in reverse. The director and producers finished the film they wanted to show and the studio weren't happy and wanted things changed.

First let me say the difference is astounding. This is not one of those hey look at the extra 10 minutes they added. This is a completely different edit of the film with the last 20 minutes being completely different. If you have never seen it I recommend doing so immediately. The normal film is a mess and is down there in the popularity list but when you watch the Producer's cut, you end up putting it right up there with the better sequels. Maybe not everyone agrees but most do. The theater version had less Loomis because he died before the reshoots and the studio found him to be "boring". They had problems with George Wilbur coming back due to drinking problems so they used a different Michael for the new ending that had a completely different physique. So basically Myers magically dropped weight by the end of the film. LOL...trust me when I tell you....check out the Producer's Cut as soon as possible.

Thanks for the info joebizz! I will check it out then. Ive own3d a crap quality version for years, but I didnt wanna watch it coz how bad the quality was. Now there is a proper release of it, ill definitely check it out. Most places ive read state that its alot better than the original theatrical released version

I'm reading and see There are some inconsistencies here and there, with Audio and Sound is this true? you guys find any issues with your purchase?? gonna get it anyway but interesting to read..

I'm reading and see There are some inconsistencies here and there, with Audio and Sound is this true? you guys find any issues with your purchase?? gonna get it anyway but interesting to read..
Joebizz is the man to ask about that or you could watch his youtube video, he did a review on this

Oh I don't think joebizz's home theater system sucks at all but I'm sure he will have something to say about it. He is really into audio and sounds, I can tell you that. I'm sorry I wasn't much of any help. :)

Oh I don't think joebizz's home theater system sucks at all but I'm sure he will have something to say about it. He is really into audio and sounds, I can tell you that. I'm sorry I wasn't much of any help. :)

not joebizz audio and sound, talking about the user's review on amazon.

not joebizz audio and sound, talking about the user's review on amazon.
Hey Temp....there is a sync issue for a few minutes that has been reported on the Halloween 4 disc. At the time I did this review I hadn't watched all of them yet to know either way. However when I watched part 4 I did notice the issue about half way through the film. It only lasts for a few minutes and doesn't ruin the movie on a whole in my opinion. Maybe Anchor Bay will offer a swap or soemthing down the road but honestly it didn't bother me all that much. The rest of the discs did not have an issue as far as I noticed. So overall even with part 4 having that glitch its still worth picking up the set.

Hey Temp....there is a sync issue for a few minutes that has been reported on the Halloween 4 disc. At the time I did this review I hadn't watched all of them yet to know either way. However when I watched part 4 I did notice the issue about half way through the film. It only lasts for a few minutes and doesn't ruin the movie on a whole in my opinion. Maybe Anchor Bay will offer a swap or soemthing down the road but honestly it didn't bother me all that much. The rest of the discs did not have an issue as far as I noticed. So overall even with part 4 having that glitch its still worth picking up the set.

Thanks Joe,:duff very helpful to know, I doubt its gonna bother me either it's Halloween!

To everyone who has the H4 sync issue Anchor Bay is offering a replacement disc

Halloween 4: Audio Sync Issue
On behalf of Anchor Bay and Scream Factory, we want to thank everyone that has purchased the Halloween Complete Collection. We hope you are enjoying it and all the work that went into bringing it to you, the fans. Unfortunately there is an audio sync issue with Halloween 4 that has always existed on that film with every release. We attempted to fix one of the problems prior to this release but in doing so, it created sync issues elsewhere in the film, which has now come to light. For the past two weeks we have been working to fix the problems that have arisen and we have been able to fix the sync issues at the 46 minute mark. We will be issuing a replacement disc to anyone that has been affected.

If you were affected by a Halloween 4 sync issue and would like a replacement disc sent to you, please follow these instructions:

In order to receive a replacement with the first batch being sent, send an e-mail to [email protected] no later than October 31, 2014 and include the following:

1) Proof of purchase (photo or scan of receipt or digital receipt from on-line retailer)
2) Your name
3) Mailing address

Your replacement disc will then be shipped to arrive no later than November 14, 2014.

Thank you again for bringing Michael home.

Back