The Next Indiana Jones?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should be the next Indiana Jones?

• Total voters
Do they want Pratt to have the same career as Ford?

Plays a scoundrel in popular Scifi franchise - check
Plays Indiana Jones - check

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

witness-harrison-ford-kelly-mcgillis.jpg

If Pratt goes full Amish, we'll have our answer.

I hope Disney make no reboot. I would hate Disney for this.

Ford is simply Indiana Jones. They could make a mix between Last Crusade and Young Indiana Jones.
A older Indy(played by Ford but with browinish colored haires and good make up, so he looks a little bit younger) and a young Indy(played by ingruber).
The story could spans over several decades like Last Crusade.

Further, they could introduce a student of the older Indy(played by Pratt as a sidekick and star of a future Indy Spin Off) that helps him in the aventure.

I'd prefer it not to be Pratt tbh. He's already in Guardians and Jurassic World, pretty soon he will be overexposed and people will get sick of him. I mean I remember watching him years ago in Everwood and now he's suddenly this A list actor?

He's just like Bradley Cooper. I still find it hard to believe that the supporting guy from Alias ends up being this big movie star and 2 time Oscar nominee. Tv stars very rarely made it big in film, George Clooney being one of the most notable ones. However now it seems to be a bit more common.

I think I would rather see someone not as well known take on the role of Indy.
Of course they shouldn't even be doing a reboot at all if you ask me. I don't think a continuation with Harrison Ford is needed either. KOTCS showed to me he was pretty much past the role and that was already quite a few years ago.

I'm already hoping they don't overdo his role in Star Wars. He's already much older than Alec Guinness was in the OT, so I wouldn't really want to see them over doing Han with his abilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't mine a new Indy. Two things will happen, it will be good or it will not. If not, ok, it will not ruin my love for the other movies just like KOTCS did not ruin the other three. If it's good, my son (who's a huge fan at 14) and I will have new memories to share. We sit down and play Indy Monopoly and put the movies on and enjoy a nice afternoon. As for actors to play him, I would prefer a younger version, twenties or so. I believe Pratt can pull off being both serious and comical.

It will HAVE to be a new Indy- Disney wants loads of young people to warm up to new Indy movies- they are NOT going to flock to see a 75 year old or whatever man be a great adventurer onscreen...

Never watched that, whatever it is. Pudgy fellow there wasn't he? That's ''he better at least have a good sense of humour'' territory for girls I expect.

It's from Parks and Recs, how he became famous. Kinda like The Office but about city management. He was supposed to be a season 1 cameo but became one of the most popular characters and became a regular. :lol Since then it's basically just been :

uGT-chris-pratt-he-s-so-hot-right-now.jpg

:lol

I do like him on P&R, in Guardians and he seems like he'll be a funny part of Jurassic World what with Raptor Squad. But he's kinda why I can't take that movie serious atm as well. I dunno if that's good or not.

Not sure he's serious enough to pull off Indy but he does have a pretty solid range for a guy who came up in comedy. If they keep it to a minimum I could see him working, a lot more than say, Bradley Cooper. And it's certainly someone I'd take over Shia.

I want Indy to hand off to the next generation as intended in KOTCS (even if it *is* Shia).

But that won't happen because of the current obsession with reboots.

Seeing anyone dressed up in the iconic jacket and fedora will just look like a cosplaying poser. I would not rush out to the theater to see a "reboot." Would they really reboot the continuity or are they just recasting and making some stories to go between the current films?

And Pratt is a totall miscast. At least Pine looks the part and already played it in some way.

Back