The Next Indiana Jones?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should be the next Indiana Jones?

• Total voters
I think Thor's brother could be a good choice too. He kind of looks like a you Ford.

Eq7zLjC.jpg

Would it be a reboot or more films in the Harrison Ford continuity?

If it's a reboot I don't give 2 ****s who they cast really.

But for a Star Wars Han Solo solo film I hope they consider Anthony Ingruber.

Just out of curiosity I googled Anthony Ingruber and the guy looks like a very young Harrison Ford. Good choice.

Just out of curiosity I googled Anthony Ingruber and the guy looks like a very young Harrison Ford. Good choice.

He's playing a young version of Ford's character in a film this year, Age of Adaline.

So they are aware of him and Harrison himself is presumably aware of him.

Pratt or nothing for me. Perfect replacement if they really feel the need to reboot it.

I guess he promoted himself quite a bit and in turn got others promoting him, and it may have worked.

I can't wait to see how much of a role he has in this film and if he can actually act with new lines where he isn't mimicking Ford's delivery of lines in previous films - all while still being a ringer for Ford.

Well, from the little bit I saw in the trailer, he's got the smile. He can do the voice too, so maybe he'll do the voice in the film, unless the director wants him to sound "younger" and he uses his normal voice. As far the mannerism go, I'm pretty sure he's seen so many of Ford's films that he probably knows the right look, smile, or facial expression that's appropriate depending on the scene, plus they rehearse all those scenes many times probably. The toughest part was getting the job. and he got it. He would be my first choice for Solo.

I hope they don't pick someone simply because he looks like Ford. You need to find someone who can fit the character as well.

I could live with Pratt. Seems a little goofy to be a renown professor of archaeology. But, maybe his P&R character is coloring my judgment too much.

Haven't seen Guardians yet.

SnakeDoc

I don't think Pratt is right for Indy. Pratt is likable and all, but I don't think he's serious enough for Indy. Indy's dead serious and a bit of a jerk, but not afraid to show when he's scared. I think showing those two extremes is what makes HF's performance unique. I think Pratt can show the scared and quippy side, but I don't think he has it in him to be dead serious and intense and unsympathetic sometimes.

I say do a younger Indy pre-TOD, pretty much like the Young IJ Chronicles, and have the new young Indy grow and mature through several films into the Indy we know and love from HF.

I could live with Pratt. Seems a little goofy to be a renown professor of archaeology. But, maybe his P&R character is coloring my judgment too much.

Haven't seen Guardians yet.

SnakeDoc

I agree... maybe Jurassic World will change our minds since he looks to have a more serious role in that, than Parks and Guardians.

Do they want Pratt to have the same career as Ford?

Plays a scoundrel in popular Scifi franchise - check
Plays Indiana Jones - check

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So do we know if they are rebooting? or filling up the time between Indy 3 and Indy 4 with new stories using new actors but same characters? (like a James Bond kind of thing..)

Back