The new Medicom DC RAHs Bats & Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmajede

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Sorry if it's old.
Frank Miller's Bats and supes with rubber suite.
Wish it was not rubber.

medicom-11-noscale.jpg

medicom-12-noscale.jpg

Man Medicom always seems to drop the ball in the costuming department, how many bunched up baggy rubber suits are they gonna design before they realize its not looking good.

Yeeesh. I love DKR Batman more than I can express....but that figure is just shameful, especially for what they're gonna charge for it! UGH.

The best DKR Batman is still the first DC Direct figure. It lacks articulation but it has all the sculpted wrinkles and lines from Frank's artwork. That He-Man figure with a soft sculpt Batman head doesn't cut it either. I know people like it cause "Hey! Articulation!" but it's nothing like the source material.

Play Arts Kai figure looks like crap as well.

That big-*** statue by Kotobukiya is very nicely done though...too bad I can't afford it right now.

On topic though......this looks like poo.

Yeeesh. I love DKR Batman more than I can express....but that figure is just shameful, especially for what they're gonna charge for it! UGH.

The best DKR Batman is still the first DC Direct figure. It lacks articulation but it has all the sculpted wrinkles and lines from Frank's artwork. That He-Man figure with a soft sculpt Batman head doesn't cut it either. I know people like it cause "Hey! Articulation!" but it's nothing like the source material.

Play Arts Kai figure looks like crap as well.

That big-*** statue by Kotobukiya is very nicely done though...too bad I can't afford it right now.

On topic though......this looks like poo.

:clap:clap:clap :exactly:

The Koto tho was going for $99 at one point, maybe it can still be had for around there? :)

These are actually terrible. Medi makes the best 1/6th anime style figs... but this is bad.

The headsculpts look good. Im just confused as to why they would choose this material for the uniforms.

I can actually understand the appeal in a couple of ways. Medicom figures may seem dated, but they are fairly consistent in size and style. You can pose their old Indiana Jones or comic Marvel figures with these Dark Knight guys, and they will look like they belong on the same display. And some do like the basic, cartoony appeal of their stuff. But they are so different from what Hot Toys achieves and Sideshow aspires to, that it's almost an apples and oranges comparison at this point. You aren't going to get high quality clothing or accessories, or realistic bodies, sculpts, and paint apps with these things.

I might have considered getting the Superman figure if it looked more like Jim Lee's art like the 1st Batman did. The head sculpt on the blue and grey Bats was the best thing about it imho.

That said - a few of their 1/6 SW figures are pretty damn good. :)

Thats true, but thats a "few" out of the 30 something they've made. :lol

Where they are consistent is with anime and kamen rider stuff, I'm not into it, but the stuff people post looks great to me. Some of the detailing is just amazing, then you see...this. :cuckoo:

Back