The "My Power Is Back On" Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman/Darrel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
OK I'm not sure if this goes here, If it don't feel free to move it, But anyway....

MY POWER IS BACK!!!! :yess: After 5 days here in W.Va. of no power and 90-100 degrees heat with no fans or air conditioner..... AND NO COMPUTER! LOL we are back. :yess:

I've never seen anything like this in my 40+ years. We had a tree just miss our house. If it had been another 10 feet long it would have been sitting in our bed. Having the power go out in the winter is normal around here but in the summer it's all new and IT SUCKS!!! I can cover up with a blanket if it goes out in the winter but you can't uncover enough to get away from the heat. :(

So, Who here went without power? Tells us your story if you have one to tell. What State are you in? How long was your power out?

If you ain't got power yet, Well you probably ain't reading this so we'll forgive you for not posting. LOL :wink1:

Tell us what happend to you.

Damn. That sucks. We've lost power for extended periods here during hurricane season, and it is no picnic given the heat and humidity down here.

OK I'm not sure if this goes here, If it don't feel free to move it, But anyway....

MY POWER IS BACK!!!! :yess: After 5 days here in W.Va. of no power and 90-100 degrees heat with no fans or air conditioner..... AND NO COMPUTER! LOL we are back. :yess:

I've never seen anything like this in my 40+ years. We had a tree just miss our house. If it had been another 10 feet long it would have been sitting in our bed. Having the power go out in the winter is normal around here but in the summer it's all new and IT SUCKS!!! I can cover up with a blanket if it goes out in the winter but you can't uncover enough to get away from the heat. :(

So, Who here went without power? Tells us your story if you have one to tell. What State are you in? How long was your power out?

If you ain't got power yet, Well you probably ain't reading this so we'll forgive you for not posting. LOL :wink1:

Tell us what happend to you.

I'm from Ohio. That storm just missed my town and hit a town really bad about 20 miles away. They won't have all their power on for a few more days yet. We had rain for about 30 minutes and it wasn't even hard. No wind either.

I'm ready for winter. I hate this damn heat.

Alter Ego had all their copper wiring stolen from their store air conditioners and they had to be closed for the day due to the heat. I think their city had some damage too. Lima, OH.

I’m in Northern Virginia. When the storm came in late Friday night, luckily I was still up. The GF and I ran out to the deck, she grabbed the cushions from our patio furniture, and I lowered out canopy umbrella.

Power flickered a little, but no outage.

On Saturday morning, cable and internet were working, but no phone service, landline or cell.

I drove over to check on my parents, who live five minutes away. They (and everybody else a few streets down from me) had no power. My parents had one of those folding pavilions in their backyard. After the storm, it was deposited in the deep end of their pool. My parents didn't get power back until late Sunday night.

I was driving down a main thoroughfare (cautiously, as all the stop lights were out ) when I saw a plastic receptacle to the right of me. I was puzzled for a second until I realized that it was the shopping cart return from the supermarket across the street to the left. The storm winds had blown it across the supermarket parking lot, across two traffic lanes in each direction, and deposited in on the country club property across the street.

Locally in the metropolitan DC area, five deaths were attributed to the storm as of the begining of the week. Closer locally to where I lived, there were two fatalities: a 90 year old woman died in her sleep after a tree fell on her house, and a man was killed as he was driving home when a tree fell on his car. I found out later that the man that was killed was the father of a six year old girl that is in the same Daisy troop as my six year old.

Wife and I were in DC during that storm. Probably the most freaked out I've ever been driving in a storm. I was waiting for a tornado to touch down and carry us off. Thought about pulling off the road to ride it out but with all the trees and branches coming down thought better of it. Driving back to the hotel in rain I could barely see through on pitch black roads with no red lights was not fun!

:(

You yelled at me.

I yelled politely. :)

You said winter. Them's fightin' words.

It's because you didn't search underneath his kilt. :monkey3

She didn't?
picture.php

It's bad for copper theft here

Oh I know! Up in Toledo there having trouble with people stripping the aluminum siding and spouting off houses while the owners are on vacation. Shows the neighbors don't give a ____ about it. Glad we watch out for each other in my neighborhood.

Trouble is, you have people who deal in scrap that don't care where it comes from. One place had a whole line of shopping carts from one of the stores sitting outside his scrap yard that people had stolen and taken there and he bought them. When he was busted for it, he claimed he didn't know they were stolen. :cuckoo:

I yelled politely. :)

You said goshdarn it. Saying dagburn it is more polite.

You said winter. Them's fightin' words.

I'm doing my part to prevent global warming. Manbearpig will not get me!

She didn't?
picture.php

You don't remember? :(

Bad storms heading our way now. The Toledo area is being hit hard. Lost power in places.

Don't know if it will hit me though. Might just skirt me to the north.

:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Back