The Music of Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it doesn't have the expanded scores with unrealeased cues from Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith then it's no sale for me.

If it doesn't have the expanded scores with unrealeased cues from Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith then it's no sale for me.

Why would you want to hear music from films that raped your childhood? You're a ****ing sadist.

I'll get them even if they are repacks. I have so many different versions on vinyl, 8-track, cassette and CD already.

I'm a sucker...what can I say? :eek:

Wow. the special edition soundtracks repackaged again and a 2disc playlist of tracks we've already made on our own itunes.

...but it comes with stickers!!!! :chew

That was my first hope, I was bummed to find out it's all OT based, I already have a few copies of those scores.

Found this at StarWarsShop.com.

The Corelian Edition is a "Greatest Hits" collection of music from all of the Star Wars soundtracks. This is the first time that a Star Wars "greatest hits" collection has ever been sold on its own. Arguably, all of the "best" themes from John Williams fantastic scores are all found on this one CD. The Package will include a fold-out poster designed exclusively for the CD.

TRACKLIST:

1. Star Wars Main Title and The Arrival at Naboo
2. The Flag Parade
3. Qui-Gon's Noble End
4. Jango's Escape
5. Yoda And The Younglings
6. General Grievous
7. Anakin's Dark Deeds
8. Imperial Attack
9. Ben Kenobi's Death/Tie Fighter Attack (Medley)
10. Yoda and the Force
11. The Clash of Lightsabers
12. Sail Barge Assault
13. End Title from Star Wars Episode VI

:horse

Dead horse indeed.

This would've been the ideal set in which to release Ultimate Editions of Episodes II and III. Instead, more of the same.

I highly doubt this will be a big seller for that very reason. That and we've had these scores since 1997.

Hmm, for my money, this 1993 release was the best collection of OT music:

sw.gif

Maybe not technically perfect, but very exciting to hear some of the cues not included in the original soundtrack releases ("Our First Catch of the Day" rocks!), as well as alternate versions of one the most famous theme songs in cinema history. Plus, it's one classy-looking boxed set --no CGI enhanced Vader here, just good, old-fashioned 1970's era lovin'.

Subsequent releases edited the tracks to be more in line with what was heard in the feature films (and not the original album releases) so we lost some of William's amazing music in the process. :monkey2

Buy this set used on Amazon and save the $90 Lucas is asking for now (stickers, indeed!) :rolleyes:

Class dismissed! :D

Hmm, for my money, this 1993 release was the best collection of OT music:

sw.gif

Maybe not technically perfect, but very exciting to hear some of the cues not included in the original soundtrack releases ("Our First Catch of the Day" rocks!), as well as alternate versions of one the most famous theme songs in cinema history. Plus, it's one classy-looking boxed set --no CGI enhanced Vader here, just good, old-fashioned 1970's era lovin'.

Subsequent releases edited the tracks to be more in line with what was heard in the feature films (and not the original album releases) so we lost some of William's amazing music in the process. :monkey2

Buy this set used on Amazon and save the $90 Lucas is asking for now (stickers, indeed!) :rolleyes:

Class dismissed! :D

No kidding. The OT 1993 is the best. That, coupled with the extended PT soundtracks I "acquired" are on regular rotation on my iPod. :rock

No kidding. The OT 1993 is the best. That, coupled with the extended PT soundtracks I "acquired" are on regular rotation on my iPod. :rock

Same here. I have the 1993 box set, one of the first CD's I ever got, I was so excited to be able to listen to Star Wars music, I'm surprised I didn't break the player with how many times I rewound and played the music from ROTJ when Luke comes out of hiding and strikes down Vader; to me, that's still the most powerful bit of music in the saga, I love Williams. I also have the 1997 SE discs as well as the 2004 OT Remastered set, it's subtle but you truly can hear a difference in the audio if you listen closely like I do with my Star Wars music, I absorb every note. I also have all 3 PT soundtracks and the TPM Ultimate Edition.

I can live without AOTC Ultimate edition, though I'd enjoy it, but I NEED one for ROTS, so much of the small cues from the Anakin-Obi-Wan duel are missing from the soundtrack and they're some of the better parts of the score. The horns during the moment where Anakin and Obi-Wan are locked holding each other's saber hand away and then the eruption of lava shoots up and comes down on the bridge they're on and melts it dropping them in a river, I just love how it all sounds, and on the ROTS DVD you get to hear the music without the film as part of the segment that details the creation of that scene. Great stuff.

Agreed. I already have purchased all of the discs in this set at least once.

PASS.

And you would think they could throw us a bone by at least remixing/remastering TESB & ROTJ (they need it) or throwing 1-2 unreleased tracks per disc. Instead, we get a CD full of useless images and screensavers? :rolleyes:

Back