The Marvels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I, her dad. Does that make Jye my dad?

Yes and his child support is obviously in arrears. I rule that as recompense he must send you his entire 1/6 scale collection, starting with his Terminators.

Also Jye - In arrears does not mean "in a rear". Get you mind out of the gutter lol...

Last edited:
The Marvels.jpg

Holy crap I can't believe I just read the phrase "bend over time has arrived." :lol

But yeah Iman is the anti-Brie Larson as far as charm and likability. Not even Critical Drinker or Nerdrotic could bring themselves to speak ill of her.

And that was a CG Iman stunt double doing all those jumps and kicks in near close-up?

Then what the hell was going on with Ginger Bread Indy bouncing around on top of the train like a damn claymation figure??
Disney went with the low bidder for the Indy CG work - the company where George Santos claimed to be CEO. I can't imagine why it didn't work out...

I
Apart from being too muted, it's the best looking one there. It doesn't look like Meinerding vomited panel lines all over it.
I can’t agree. While aesthetically it may be less Meinerding than usual, the complete lack of color is shocking especially when she’s shown togther with Kamala and Monica in brightly colored suits. Were they trying to do some sort of Evil Superman thing lol?

Did they forget to put the CG over the top of Danvers’ costume? I couldn’t get over how ugly it looked.

From the hobby side, the struggle I see is these characters have few to no accessories.

It's something I'll always give Lucas and Cameron credit for is they always have one eye at a distance considering possible merchandising. And this shifts even past our side of the hobby, for adults, more in line to middle age and still in their prime earning years.

Kids don't vibe so well with figure themes that don't have accessories. The less detailed stuff meant for younger toy buyers, I can't see why they'd really want Wakanda Forever, Eternals, Shang Chi nor Marvels. Ant Man though is pretty cool by the design, I can see kids liking that more.

It's unfortunate this film didn't have the trio in a night ops scene with full stealth tactical gear and equipment, then Hot Toys could have sold everyone sets with two implied outfits, the "hero" uni-suit and the cooler real life oriented tactical night ops uniform set up with weapons.

1st weekend: Lowest opening of the entire MCU
2nd weekend: 77% drop
Ouch. Can't say I'm shocked by this movie doing poorly (with the exception of GoTG3 all live-action superhero movies have disappointed at the B.O. in the past year), but I didn't expect it to bomb this badly. And it's not indicative of its quality, as it's quite entertaining on the whole. I guess the combination of no real star power (sorry Brie but there's a reason they gave you two co-leads), a no-name "Ronan light" antagonist and all those "not my Captain Marvel" types out there doomed this from the start.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the Hiddleston/Ashton home right now. His current Marvel project is being universally praised while hers is a box office dumpster fire. :horror

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the Hiddleston/Ashton home right now. His current Marvel project is being universally praised while hers is a box office dumpster fire. :horror
I think they are too busy raising a child and getting dressed up for Halloween to worry about such things.

Edit:
Btw that’s Charlie Cox as Loki

IMG_0804.jpeg

Last edited:
I can’t agree. While aesthetically it may be less Meinerding than usual, the complete lack of color is shocking especially when she’s shown togther with Kamala and Monica in brightly colored suits. Were they trying to do some sort of Evil Superman thing lol?

It does look a bit dark there. If I recall correctly, wasn't her outfit was a bit brighter when she first gets it? I think she takes a blast later that tarnishes it.

Ouch. Can't say I'm shocked by this movie doing poorly (with the exception of GoTG3 all live-action superhero movies have disappointed at the B.O. in the past year), but I didn't expect it to bomb this badly. And it's not indicative of its quality, as it's quite entertaining on the whole. I guess the combination of no real star power (sorry Brie but there's a reason they gave you two co-leads), a no-name "Ronan light" antagonist and all those "not my Captain Marvel" types out there doomed this from the start.

How does if feel to singlehandedly account for 60% of the box office of a major Marvel release, lol.

Back