The Mandalorian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks once more for the kind comments on this project, greatly appreciated!! The armor is mainly styrene plastic sheet thermo-formed and laminated detail. The helmet is an old Boba Fett Marmit helmet, wich was converted to the Mandalorian configuration. Here is the rifle painted.
View attachment 459186View attachment 459187View attachment 459188

Most impressive...
What does "laminated detail" actually mean?
The rifle looks impressive. Some metal on it. Did you kitbash it, or is it scratch-built?

Not fully finish as I hope, still fabricating some details and add gloss to the visor among other things...but almost there.
View attachment 459362

Awesome. The Marmit helmet, great idea. It gives distinctiveness to the look as a whole, while remaining closely related.
Did you make the pleather and fabric parts yourself from scratch?
The jumpsuit does ring a bell... Have you dyed some older gray Boba jumpsuit? That would explain the stitchings being lighter than the actual fabric.

Only thing I can contribute: maybe the physicality of the figure is not realistic enough...? As it stands right now, it looks too "heroic". A bit more flesh on torso and thighs might push realism a bit forward...?

While I wait for some materials to arrive to finish some details on the figure, I worked a little on this, it was design to be the display setting for my Mandalorian inspired in one of the series promotional photos, there are a lot of details that need to be added and the final and actual base where the figure will rest and will be part of the floor assembly, not compleatly happy on how is coming along, but will try to finish it for the final display.
View attachment 459533View attachment 459534View attachment 459535

Wow... That really makes me feel like I am watching the trailer!
Awesome, but why aren't you happy with it, man...?

Thanks,
m.

Hi, thanks for the kind words greatly appeciated.

The rifle is full scrachtbuilt in brass and plastic, the jumpsuit is the Marmit Boba Fett one dye a dark grey. "Laminated detail" is just one or more layers of plastic sheet or scrachtbuilt detail added to the thermo-form parts to compleat the look of the part/piece. The diorama backdrop was a "quick" build and even as it look good in person and photos, still look into my eye to "playset" maybe if I change the hand painted skyline/backdrop with some digital photo scan...it could add to a better final look...also adding some missing detail that I fabricated but still need to add to the structure.

Once more thank you very much for your interest and it was my pleasure to replay your question about this project.

I don't know how I'm able to see the newer pics until now, but you did such an amazing job on this!! It's so good, thank you so much for sharing and keep up the awesome work! I'm so jealous how you were able to do the armor pieces, really top notch job!

FB_IMG_15750717204147904(1).jpg

Back