The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly? it was bad. bad dialogue, badly staged action, a lot of cringe, space pirates looked terrible and even talked and dressed like old timey pirates which is just stupid (never go full r****d) and general writing that made it feel like a video game sidequest (again). I also noticed how much Navarro looked like Galaxies Edge, I predict a reskin of the park sometime to make it Mando related instead since it underperformed as a sequel trilogy related thing...

That whole IG11 thing was downright stupid and Grogu serves no purpose, he feels like he is forced in.

Overall, it feels fully Disneyfied.

I truly hope the show gets better from here on out

So I guess I'm skipping the 1st episode? :lol Sounds like it was uneventful.

I prefer to watch a few at a time anyway. Surprised they didn't open up the season with 2 episodes back to back like they do sometimes.

There really wasn't anything in the entire thirty minutes that we didn't already know from the trailer.

spoiler - I found the episode pretty awesome. Monkey-lizards, big lizard, droids, cape droids, creatures, Grogu hug, playing with the force so naturally, he sees something in the travel, what scared him? Happy if IG-11 comes back. And Monkey-Lizards, need that tree :)

I'm ok with this. It was an OK start. Not great, not horrible, just OK. I feel like it needed to be longer since it did feel rushed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think he's been misquoted and the media/internet dwellers have run with a misquote (as usual).

If you listen to the comment, he is saying that we as an audience have not seen him in years, not the characters.

I know he's addressed it again after the fact. Think he's carelessly making up what he needs as he goes.
Like putting IG back together, now.
Which iis fine, show and character is still fun, love it.

Last edited:

I know he's addressed it again after the fact. Think he's carelessly making up what he needs as he goes.
Like putting IG back together, now.
Which iis fine, show is still fun.

Look at Filoni's Face... :lol

He's like what the f*** are you talking about??? You been smoking some crack buddy?

Weakest episode in the entire series so far, such a huge disappointment. If you compare it with Season 2's opening, this one feels like :poop:, literally dumb Disney kiddy :poop:.

Mando’s story is only secondary who people can go gaga over stuff like this in between action scenes.

2E14AA4D-582F-4D9D-9F96-D3FC42F86ADE.jpeg

The episode is basically him needing a babysitter with weapons so he can focus on his own mission. They decided to go with the cash cow method so for better or worse, there will never be Din without Grogu.

The Babu Friks literally have the exact same voices as the Membaberries.

Was that intentional?

One of my best friends is a surgeon. I asked him years ago how he would describe what he does. He said "if you've been in a car accident and you come in with your foot attached to your head, I put you back together."

Sometimes though, they (the surgeons) have a saying they use when someone is beyond help, or passes away; JP Frog.

And all I could think about during that whole episode was JP Frog.

Just Plain ******* Ran Out of Gas.

Another friend said something that really stunned me yesterday; "anything to do with Star Wars now just makes me sick." He hasn't watched Andor, and I said that is literally the last hope. I'll always hang onto the delusion that things will turn around... but after **** like this ep, I think Disney has well and truly ****** the brand beyond (mass appeal) repair.

I’m sure I’m not that friend but that’s me. Lost complete interest after BoBF and didn’t even bother with Kenobi or Andor and I honestly couldn’t care less. Bad Batch too. Especially when I see new characters like this being advertised on it. I just can’t help but roll my eyes and continue to ignore the entire thing.

999CEBFE-68D8-4A10-BD6C-5CBF48BB0613.jpeg

And I’m totally fine being a casual now who only buys Boba Fett/Mando figures. I’m at peace knowing it’s just not for me anymore.

only way to save star wars if this show does not improve is to just reboot entirely. Disney has failed so many times and this first episode makes it seem this season will be another fail. I hope not, I actually hoped season 3 would be an improvement over s1 and s2. le sigh.

Back