The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third season is usually a saturation point in a tv series …it could be a good part of a series or it’s downfall …most series don’t make it that far…so hopefully Favreau keeps the magic going for this franchise

tumblr_nl11o2CNYQ1tik1vuo1_640.jpg

While you seem to be at HYPECON 3, for myself I remain at HYPECON 4 with a dose of skepticism.

For your convenience:

Readiness condition
Exercise termDescriptionGeekiness
HYPECON 1COCKED BLASTERNerding out is imminent or has already begunMaximum geekiness. Immediate forum responses and nitpicking
HYPECON 2FAST PACENext step to nerding outReady to fanboy or fangirl and nerd out in less than six hours
HYPECON 3ROUND HOUSEIncrease in nerd readiness above that required for normal geekinessReady to nerd out within 14 days or less
HYPECON 4DOUBLE TAKEIncreased media watch and strengthened anti-spoiler measuresAbove normal geekiness
HYPECON 5JADEDLowest state of readinessNormal geekiness

HYPECON 2! HYPECON 2! HYPECON 2! :bounce

"Grogu was with Luke for two years before being reunited with Din Djarin"

Ok, he can say that, it certainly was not conveyed.
So two years training, I take it, he might have some surprising new well honed force abilities then.

Also I don't know when Disney conituity Luke suposedly started training Kylo, but Grogu likely sensed I better get the frog away from this evil mf, before he kills everyone. :wink1:

So Din went 2 years without a ship?

Boba Fett took 2 years to introduce himself to the people of Mos Espa?

Grogu made very little progress in his training.

God Favreau is such a hack. Just admit you made a mistake.

I think he's been misquoted and the media/internet dwellers have run with a misquote (as usual).

If you listen to the comment, he is saying that we as an audience have not seen him in years, not the characters.

I think he's been misquoted and the media/internet dwellers have run with a misquote (as usual).

If you listen to the comment, he is saying that we as an audience have not seen him in years, not the characters.
That’s not what he said at all. He said it was basically equivalent to the real time we experienced.

Guy is a stubborn idiot, can’t just admit he made poor choices.

*spoilers*

Thought that was a bang average start to the season. Like one of those middle episodes of season 1. Jumped around far too much, and it took a nosedive the second it went to Nevarro. Those pirates were terrible, like characters leftover from BOBF. A total waste of time. No idea what people see in those Anzellans, they’re extremely annoying. Anyway, it was okay I guess, next week’s episode is supposed to be a belter according to those that saw it already.

That’s not what he said at all. He said it was basically equivalent to the real time we experienced.

Guy is a stubborn idiot, can’t just admit he made poor choices.

That is a different interview to what everyone has been quoting, the one you quote is a subsequent interview. They even refer to the fact that he "set the internet on fire" with his earlier quotes. The one you are quoting is from the press launch/premier that was yesterday/today. More recent than his original interview/quote.

What is being referred to is an interview he did with "Skytalkers" in which he says "we've been two years apart from him". I took the "we've" to mean us as the audience. I might be wrong. But people have made a conclusion for themselves and attempted to establish it as fact.

I sincerely doubt there is a 2 year gap, as he even says in the later interview that you are quoting that it is somewhere between 0-2 years, so pretty non-committal.

Either way, I believe it certainly doesn't warrant the amount of outrage that it has sparked, especially when the timeline hasn't really been established for certain yet. If it does end up being 2 years, whatever. It takes many years to train as a Jedi. It's not like they are saying 20 years have passed. Otherwise we start getting into the territory of the trilogy-that-must-not-be-named.

But that's me, I am starting to find this contemporary culture of constant outrage within pop culture fandom to be quite exhausting now.

I've just finished The Book of Boba Fett for the first time. I couldn't avoid the chatter on here about the show at the time of it's original release, so I spent each episode waiting for absolutely appalling, atrocious, ridiculous, unforgivable things to happen. But they never happened for me. I enjoyed the show for what it was. The biker gang were a little irritating and obnoxious, but that's about it.

That is a different interview to what everyone has been quoting, the one you quote is a subsequent interview. They even refer to the fact that he "set the internet on fire" with his earlier quotes. The one you are quoting is from the press launch/premier that was yesterday/today. More recent than his original interview/quote.
So he still said it. Yes.
What is being referred to is an interview he did with "Skytalkers" in which he says "we've been two years apart from him". I took the "we've" to mean us as the audience. I might be wrong. But people have made a conclusion for themselves and attempted to establish it as fact.

I sincerely doubt there is a 2 year gap, as he even says in the later interview that you are quoting that it is somewhere between 0-2 years, so pretty non-committal.
He knows people hated BOBF so he's trying to retroactively justify the choices he made instead of just saying "sorry we messed up".
Either way, I believe it certainly doesn't warrant the amount of outrage that it has sparked, especially when the timeline hasn't really been established for certain yet. If it does end up being 2 years, whatever. It takes many years to train as a Jedi. It's not like they are saying 20 years have passed. Otherwise we start getting into the territory of the trilogy-that-must-not-be-named.
But still, Mando had no ship for 2 years, Grogu made 0 progress in 2 years, Boba took 2 years to even say hello or take in earnings from his people? C'mon now, it's stupid.
But that's me, I am starting to find this contemporary culture of constant outrage within pop culture fandom to be quite exhausting now.
Then creators shouldn't make bad content with dumb choices, simple as that.
I've just finished The Book of Boba Fett for the first time. I couldn't avoid the chatter on here about the show at the time of it's original release, so I spent each episode waiting for absolutely appalling, atrocious, ridiculous, unforgivable things to happen. But they never happened for me. I enjoyed the show for what it was. The biker gang were a little irritating and obnoxious, but that's about it.
Good for you, but it's a pretty bad show. Boba Fett became an absolute clown. Should have been called The Book of Fennec because she was 100 times more competent than he was. Complete joke of a show, and again, Favreau himself says it was inspired by The Godfather so it didn't achieve "what it was".

He didn't though. He said "we've been two years apart from him". It's an ambiguous quote at best. But he didn't categorically say "there are two years between Mandalorian Season 2 and 3". The closest we get is "it's between zero and two years" from a subsequent interview.

He knows people hated BOBF so he's trying to retroactively justify the choices he made instead of just saying "sorry we messed up".

But still, Mando had no ship for 2 years, Grogu made 0 progress in 2 years, Boba took 2 years to even say hello or take in earnings from his people? C'mon now, it's stupid.

Then creators shouldn't make bad content with dumb choices, simple as that.

Good for you, but it's a pretty bad show. Boba Fett became an absolute clown. Should have been called The Book of Fennec because she was 100 times more competent than he was. Complete joke of a show, and again, Favreau himself says it was inspired by The Godfather so it didn't achieve "what it was".

Ok, I really can't be bothered lol.

To be fair, both things can be true. Sometimes fan outrage is disproportionate and ridiculous, but there's a lot of thoughtless product being pushed for the sake of 'content' that simply isn't well done. Expensive, yes -- but not well done or respectful of source material. It's a fine line when it comes to pulp-y entertainment that was never meant to be high culture, but nonetheless there is a line.

Like what you like, of course. I like all kinds of objectively bad stuff. :LOL:

It is pretty impressive how this show continues to provide that video game feeling. This episode was an opening level and tutorial mini-missions designed to get you used to the controls. “Press X to shoot the guys. Press Square repeatedly to fix machine”.

Serviceable setup. We’ll see where it goes.

Back