The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha!!! (...I absolutely do btw) ...and to clarify, I meant abstinence from SW ofc. I have absolutely no interest in your love life.

I thought you were taking a junior high shot, my bad. I have no idea how long I'll cancel it for. Probably until the Boba Fett show kicks off I would guess.

Political discussions are not allowed per the board's CoC and the Community Guidelines.

Talk about the show all you want but keep your political opinions to yourself.

If it continues I'll start handing out infractions, and or bans, like they're candy. You've been warned.

Thread cleaned.

:lol:lol

I thought you were taking a junior high shot, my bad. I have no idea how long I'll cancel it for. Probably until the Boba Fett show kicks off I would guess.

Yeah figured as much. I wouldn't place to much stock in "I canceled my Disney subscription" crowd. This faux outrage will fade once other
SW shows began to drop.

Last edited:
Yeah figured as much. I wouldn't place to much stock in "I canceled my Disney subscription" crowd. This faux outrage will fade once other
SW shows began to drop.

Honestly I'm not so sure about that. I might get it back later, not definitely. I'm waiting for comment from a person I respect, mainly Favreau. This whole situation is strange with no senior management or cast members of the show yet addressing the situation. So it's an indefinite sort of thing.

:lol :lol :lol

My memory of it might be fuzzy already, but I believe the discussion involved some strange tangents that proved to be quite unexpected:

• ZE_501 acknowledged that Khev has been right all along about the virtues of the ST.
  • ironwez20 convinced jye that ROTS is the greatest SW movie ever made.
  • TheDucky got JAWS and Wor-Gar to recognize that no film made before 1977 is worth a damn.
  • TurdFurgusonsHat decided to get a SW tattoo but told us he was having a hard time choosing between Holdo and Rose.
  • and a-dev kept trying to prod everyone into a PT vs. ST debate because he loves those so much, but The Buffinator insisted that no one ridicule the PT.

With all of those pages deleted, though, I bet some here would now deny that any of that ever actually happened. :ohbfrank:

In all seriousness, the actual discussion really did remain surprisingly civil, believe it or not.

Internet winner right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I'm not so sure about that. I might get it back later, not definitely. I'm waiting for comment from a person I respect, mainly Favreau. This whole situation is strange with no senior management or cast members of the show yet addressing the situation. So it's an indefinite sort of thing.

Point taken. However that's usually the case these days once a controversy blows over. I agree that its a strange and unfortunate
situation but again it wouldn't surprise me if this gets lost in the sauce. Its also possible given enough time that the situation could be
salvaged, possibly.:dunno

My memory of it might be fuzzy already, but I believe the discussion involved some strange tangents that proved to be quite unexpected:

• ZE_501 acknowledged that Khev has been right all along about the virtues of the ST.
  • TheDucky got JAWS and Wor-Gar to recognize that no film made before 1977 is worth a damn.
  • TurdFurgusonsHat decided to get a SW tattoo but told us he was having a hard time choosing between Holdo and Rose.
  • and a-dev kept trying to prod everyone into a PT vs. ST debate because he loves those so much, but The Buffinator insisted that no one ridicule the PT.

With all of those pages deleted, though, I bet some here would now deny that any of that ever actually happened. :ohbfrank:

In all seriousness, the actual discussion really did remain surprisingly civil, believe it or not.

:lol :rotfl :lol

I do agree about the last line though, it really was for the most part.

Point taken. However that's usually the case these days once a controversy blows over. I agree that its a strange and unfortunate
situation but again it wouldn't surprise me if this gets lost in the sauce. Its also possible given enough time that the situation could be
salvaged, possibly
.:dunno

Hope so. Assume F & F - keeping in mind Carano was Favreau's pick, apparently, re her comments in interviews - are scrambling to re-write or do whatever else you do, when a series actor/actress is taken out of the picture.

Feel pretty negative about it; but not gonna run off and cancel my subscription over it. I watch D+ for Marvel shows as well; and over time seems like at the parks, as well as for media; Disney is a stifling organization to work for. Nothing new there, from comments I've read.

Over the long term tho, don't see myself holding onto D+...I signed up for the MCU shows, originally. Unsure Mandalorian is gonna keep a strong interest, for me. Dunno, maybe D+ gets two, three years and then I'll sign off. Don't wanna be overloaded with subscription services $$$$

I do wish that Mando would get 4K disc releases so that I wasn't dependent on the streaming service for revisiting the show.

The reason those discs don't exist is in your comment:mad:

Cancelling Disney+ at least temporarily is the only thing that can be done to send a message that Disney might actually notice.

giphy.gif

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Sounds about right for a few pages worth of discussion in a SW thread!

As for the Gina Carano debacle, I have sort of mixed feelings... I don't agree with her political or social views (from what I've read about them online), but this whole "cancel culture" bothers me a bit.

I mean, should I not watch Chinatown because Polanski did something awful?
Should I not read Hemingway because he was a fan of bullfights and a misogynist?

I suppose we all draw the line somewhere, but this cancel culture can easily get out of hand. Having said that, I can understand if as an employer you don't want to have people who don't believe/represent the things you stand for working for you.

Sorry if I got political.

The reason those discs don't exist is in your comment:mad:

I could see that but you'd think they'd be at least partially motivated by the additional profits of selling the discs in addition to the service just like Netflix does with Stranger Things, HBO with GoT, and so on. I mean sure you and I might snatch up the discs and then cancel our subscriptions but would enough people do that to result in a net loss if they released Mando in 4K?

:rotfl

You've forgotten Prime Clone. ''Reactionary'' Clone more like. Guy gets riled up about anything, lashes out. It's no wonder Snoopy had to shut us down.

I could see that but you'd think they'd be at least partially motivated by the additional profits of selling the discs in addition to the service just like Netflix does with Stranger Things, HBO with GoT, and so on. I mean sure you and I might snatch up the discs and then cancel our subscriptions but would enough people do that to result in a net loss if they released Mando in 4K?

Pure speculation on my part, but I believe their entire focus is Disney+. They view it as their future(probably rightfully so) above films and definitely above physical media. Their subscription service can't exist without subscribers so they aren't going to risk ANY of them to put out content on disk. Maybe someday they will take their physical media payday but right now The Mandalorian is the single most important thing that keeps folks subscribed. I would have continued to pay for it in perpetuity had it not been for the ridiculous decision someone made on Wednesday night.

I never had a Disney + account to rage quit on.

I acquire all of my media through a pathway to many abilities some consider unnatural.

So my threats of "boycotting" would make no difference anyway. They get none of my money and I still watch Mandalorian.

Disney plus is awesome, why boycott is over a decision to terminate someone for not representing the company and it?s image?

I dunno know about you guys, but now I want a HT Cara Dune figure more than ever. Guarantee would sell out like hot cakes regardless of what happened.
But Disney probably will never allow her image to be used ever again.

Back