The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't take the bait....don't take the bait..........

OK. Anyway.

I have no problem with the baby being strong in the force. He's one of Yoda's species. That's supposed to be very very rare and very very special. At least, it was before Yaddle.

I really hope we never find out his origin or species. Cause if he's the product of Yoda and Yaddle...that's just gross. Nobody wants that mental image in their heads....yet...I've just put it there. You're welcome.

It's INFINITELY more believable that the baby Yoda has force powers than the darling rey. At least the creators of The Mandalorian makes it even more believable when using those force powers tires the baby Yoda completely out. Rey moving a mountain with ease just isn't convincing at all. She is the most boring character in this whole franchise.

"There is another...see to that, I did. heh heh heh..."

"Master Yoda you rascal!"

61a71c5f5a97479aab21eab193ee1c13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear god.

That just about sums it up though. Yoda has a look of superiority on his face, having completed his mission successfully.

Yaddle...looks less enthused.

I see 50% less enthused but also 50% you knocked my socks off.

If not for her cigarette though one could take her non enthusiastic look as if Yoda didn?t take no for an answer :horror

I could see Yoda?s lawyer submitting her cigarette into evidence that she agreed to the force pushing and pulling.

Last edited:
Ok, so how can someone blame her for any content in TLJ?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I mostly blame the man-baby rian johnson for the crap in TLJ but kathleen kennedy did hire it. I also don't like TFA. I'll go ahead and say this, at least kathleen had the good sense to okay that Vader scene at the end of Rogue One.

First: start humming the E.T. "over the moon" music in your head...

Now picture this: Mando on speeder bike with Babyoda egg-cradle on his handlebars flying in silhouette past Twin suns.

Is that where we're headed?

He's got a bit of that, and I'm sure the logic is that he's "wearing armour", but it's a minor sin in today's entertainment landscape.

This. Like IMO this:

Combat is unpredictable. I did martial arts for years and a few lessons I took away from that:

1. Real fights are messy and unpredictable.

2. Styles make fights. That's what makes it interesting. Which is why I totally buy that a gang of hard-ass Jawas messed up our boy.

3. Heroes lose. I was a very mediocre amateur, but trained alongside world champions. When I was young they were godlike in their abilities and seemed invincible. I still remember how shocking it was to watch one of them get knocked out cold by an elbow. He went on to have an illustrious career, but he lost that fight decisively and mercilessly.

You may miscalculate, be overconfident, encounter something unexpected, experience bad luck or just plain meet your better. Fortunes of war -- something The Mandalorian demonstrates and the ST seems to have some trouble with in regards to Rey.

Luke was implausibly good at a few things in ANH, but at least he got toyed with and stomped in ESB.

For me it's the sliding scale of I know it's a fantasy, but I'm still really into it (like Indy taking hits) 'coz it's not so over-the-top it loses me. Also, hafta think the Mandalorian received some hard training - even when the little kids went by, they were already in helmets. Hard training includes learning how to take a fall.

(Frustrates me about seeing SOME female fighters - not all. If they just don't have what I think is the muscle mass or alternative skill that compensates (like BW scissoring folks) then it just starts to get silly. So happy that Cara Dune looks like she could kick &^%.)

Finally - the Mandalorian may not be strictly human like us, anyway. More of a sub-race? that's evolved over time, like the Himalayan sherpas of Everest who can deal with thin oxygen conditions.

[...]Also, hafta think the Mandalorian received some hard training - even when the little kids went by, they were already in helmets. Hard training includes learning how to take a fall.

[...] Finally - the Mandalorian may not be strictly human like us, anyway. More of a sub-race? that's evolved over time, like the Himalayan sherpas of Everest who can deal with thin oxygen conditions.

You can be human and just come from exceptional stock brought up in an extreme environment.

In Thailand Muay Thai fighters begin to train and fight as young children.

My Ajahn (teacher/master) was Northern District champion in the ?80s. Even today in his late 50s/early 60s he?s like something out of a martial arts film. Frighteningly fit and dangerous. A little slower? Sure. But this is a guy who has *hundreds* of professional fights under his belt, a *lifetime* of training, and is one of *the masters* in a *nation* of fighters devoted to Muay Thai.

He can fight in both sport and military styles, and is no slouch with weapons either .. sword and buckler, staff, sticks ....

It would not be an exaggeration to say he could easily subdue multiple opponents of lesser experience and lesser mettle.

It?s routine for fighters of his caliber to push a dislocated shoulder or jaw back into place *by themselves* between rounds and continue to compete.

They aren?t invincible by any stretch, but they?re highly skilled, durable and inured to pain that would incapacitate the average tough guy.

So I can buy a lot of Mando?s toughness and at the same time like that sometimes he gets beat. It doesn?t demand too much suspension of disbelief.

First: start humming the E.T. "over the moon" music in your head...

Now picture this: Mando on speeder bike with Babyoda egg-cradle on his handlebars flying in silhouette past Twin suns.

Is that where we're headed?

I want a Die Hard inspired JAWA heist I bet they would be just as good as Hans lol

I mostly blame the man-baby rian johnson for the crap in TLJ but kathleen kennedy did hire it. I also don't like TFA. I'll go ahead and say this, at least kathleen had the good sense to okay that Vader scene at the end of Rogue One.

Wow , well thats good.

See? Some folks can make rational statements.

I follow logic and common sense. And while I personally do not like some of the creative choices made in the ST, I understand a producer is not directly responsible for most of the details of the story. Their job is to facilitate the creation of the story via hiring, firing and overall approval, along with many others.

Therefore , ALL completed creative product, is , in part, KK.

GOOD and BAD.

She did not suddenly get pushed aside for a male decision or choice recently. She is top dog here, one of a select few. To deny that reality is just sexist and shows how much some people want to hate anything led by a female, you know Incels.

Lets not forget the controversial TLJ, was written and directed by Rian, it was produced by KK AND Ram Bergman....a name you almost never hear as a responsible party. Which is odd since he is close friends with Rian, and collaborates with him often. Instead its always KK.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back