The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This series is like night and day regarding how it started. :gah:
the-mandalorian-starwars.gif
Yeah, It's Jar-jar snatching fruit all over again. They'll never learn...

This series is like night and day regarding how it started. :gah:
the-mandalorian-starwars.gif

And to think!! There Mando was, and no one had to give him half of their own show in order to "introduce" him first. He just showed up, with the Kindle version of Joseph Campbell's "The Power of Myth" uploaded onto his datapad. Everyone "got it" without having to be told! AMAZING

Maybe Grogu can use his midichlorians like Pym particles lol. Giant Grogu to the rescue, shuffling in like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man! So with a 35 minute episode, that'll be 34 minutes of shuffling with a 1 minute battle ending with a cliffhanger.
Oh gawd wish u hadn't written that...someone will see it, repost, and then someone at Lucasfilm with have a fem version of Mr. Stay Puft will turn up in Season 4, having traveled via the World Between Worlds:stake, and then we'll get a green marshmallow woman (borrowed from the superb Hulk CGI:yuck) batting Thrawn from the sky like Godzilla on a sugar rush.
The bonus will be Lizzo rapping in a new spangly outfit at the end.

And to think!! There Mando was, and no one had to give him half of their own show in order to "introduce" him first. He just showed up, with the Kindle version of Joseph Campbell's "The Power of Myth" uploaded onto his datapad. Everyone "got it" without having to be told! AMAZING
It's positively depressing looking back, thinking of how this show hooked me in mere minutes. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Oh gawd wish u hadn't written that...someone will see it, repost, and then someone at Lucasfilm with have a fem version of Mr. Stay Puft will turn up in Season 4, having traveled via the World Between Worlds:stake, and then we'll get a green marshmallow woman (borrowed from the superb Hulk CGI:yuck) batting Thrawn from the sky like Godzilla on a sugar rush.
The bonus will be Lizzo rapping in a new spangly outfit at the end.

This situation with The Devolution of Mando reminds me of why I finally stopped reading Spider-Man comics. And I loved me some Spidey. *LOVED*

The last, final straw was when one of the books, I forget exactly which Spidey title it was, anyways one of the new developments was that Peter Parker was slowly morphing back into an actual giant spider in his basement, and Mary Jane was like *musing dreamily* "Well, you know, sometimes these things happen and we'll just see how it goes. I still love him but I'm helpless to stop it, so I'll just stand by and monitor his spider-progress."

Now I put up with a lot in the Spiderverse. A lot. Some I loved, some I hated but through thick and thin, I was there. But when we're pretty much re-enacting Cronenberg's "The Fly" in Peter Parker's basement and his wife is just okay with that, that was the end.

Not unlike Frik a few pages back, I was like "....I"m out, mother.....!" metaphorically threw the book into the air, and have not been back since.

Ya know ... when you illustrate it that way. Good gods man, what did they do?!

:slap
It's a good question. I'm still enjoying it, but when you look at the first two seasons, even the fluff episodes were decent (ice planet, if I recall) and the good episodes were epic (return of Boba being a highlight for me). It feels like they're targeting kids much more than they were with the first two seasons...

It's a good question. I'm still enjoying it, but when you look at the first two seasons, even the fluff episodes were decent (ice planet, if I recall) and the good episodes were epic (return of Boba being a highlight for me). It feels like they're targeting kids much more than they were with the first two seasons...
Yeah but I don't get that. Plenty of YTubers - and some are "older" have pointed out they grew up with folks getting slaughtered on TV. Westerns, horror films, martial arts, etc.

Like I remember footage of a six year old girl asking Sebastian Stan questions about Bucky, an assassin who killed and blew up who knows how many in TWS.

Mando cuts some creature in half with a door, opening episode. Kids are completely unfazed by that kind of thing. There was no need to insult kids' intelligence. :pfft:

Admittedly, this is a cool design. As much as the presence/reliance on melee weapons still occasionally throws me in the Star Wars universe, for specialized and/or ceremonial units -- why not? Dune got around this by introducing the catastrophic interaction between personal shields and 'lasguns', but given Star Wars is a Fantasy Space Opera ... we must allow it. :lecture

You all take this too seriously.

”Wow, Mando is so cool!”

One episode later:
the-mandalorian-jawa.gif
The Jawas were actually funny tho, as was Mando laying there for a few minutes staring at the sky, wondering how his life had become this.

You bet I take it seriously. Any time I've spent money on collectibles and sweat over whether my IS statue is gonna get in from Popcultcha safely, it's serious.

Back