The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't instantly think of Road Warrior when Mando pulled this exact move against the first group of pirates next to the transport? :)
RzIqOFjfBQudT-HDQwpzqKm9hl6jdnA-douFJdI9SO0mZOIFIiB1fc_MRfTtvgVSFvT87--20Wi5gmjQ2F7f83pntwjGvdbPx95fYBHG-64Yjf2N9KgQZ9fztKM

Too busy thinking of Indy :)

Thank God whenever I want to watch sweet seismic charges I don't have to put in AOTC anymore, lol.

:lol :lol :lol

I just noticed that in the beginning of this episode when the group is briefing Mayfeld on the upcoming mission Fett is standing by with his head on a swivel, constantly monitoring their surroundings like he did at the end of the updated Docking Bay 94 sequence in ANH:SE.

20201213_005419.jpg

Sure it's an SE connection but I find it cool nonetheless.

Which is fine. :lol

When people were freaking out about Trump rallies, I was like "let 'em go, let 'em go"... thin the herd.

What a dumb thing to say. So, not only do you want Trump supporters to die, you want them to get infected and go around infecting others too?

If they were rioting and looting they would have been safe from Corona. Foolish Trump supporters.

If they were protesting, chanting a corporate propaganda news approved slogan, all while wearing no masks and standing shoulder to shoulder, they would have been safe from the virus too. Because somehow the virus doesn't attack people protesting and somehow you can't even do contact tracing on people protesting either.

Makes me want to slap people. From a 2 meter distance.

I've pulled 14 hour days at work masked up the whole time. I change into a fresh mask halfway through for comfort and safety reasons but my ears are feeling it by end of day. And people whine about going to the grocery store or taking a bus ride. :banghead

People are ******* toddlers.

I think there are still some mild complaints, but that movement never made it very far for not wearing masks. Recall the angle was that masks block oxygen and will suffocate you was the angle for awhile. Society really pushed back against anti-mask movements, and it never really made it out of the spring. That energy I think is refocusing on election fraud or anti-vaccine nowadays.

Now I think about it, it would be cool to go grocery shopping with a Mandalorian mask.

I just noticed that in the beginning of this episode when the group is briefing Mayfeld on the upcoming mission Fett is standing by with his head on a swivel, constantly monitoring their surroundings like he did at the end of the updated Docking Bay 94 sequence in ANH:SE.

View attachment 501244

Sure it's an SE connection but I find it cool nonetheless.

Wasn't he doing that in the theatrical cut of ESB too when they were loading Carbonite Han into the Slave One?

Wasn't he doing that in the theatrical cut of ESB too when they were loading Carbonite Han into the Slave One?

Yes indeed. :yess:

I just saw that Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic are also being done by Favreau/Filoni and set during Mando time period. Hell yeah we might have FOUR awesome SW shows. :rock

Please God don't let Rangers be about Filoni's X-Wing squadron, lol.

Just please restore Fett to his ESB glory is all I ask for I can live with the voice changes if they give me just that.

Yep if he's just pretending to be an ally while secretly working for Gideon like he did with Luke and Vader in the HS then that will be the perfect closer to this season. Having him kill Stormtroopers might have just been the perfect red herring to make us think he was a good guy but I'm so hoping that Favreau put them between Fett and his armor just to throw us off.

As it stands we've still gotten not one but two straight episodes of him being a competent badass which is new territory for the character since 1980! :yess:

I think there are still some mild complaints, but that movement never made it very far for not wearing masks. Recall the angle was that masks block oxygen and will suffocate you was the angle for awhile. Society really pushed back against anti-mask movements, and it never really made it out of the spring. That energy I think is refocusing on election fraud or anti-vaccine nowadays.

Now I think about it, it would be cool to go grocery shopping with a Mandalorian mask.

:lol I proudly wear this gaiter raking leaves and kayaking:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08G1GRZLV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one actually looks kinda cool on. The dark version anyway. :monkey3

And on TOP of a mask. It helps a mask stay on. One of the better gaiters I've picked up. A lot of 'em are flimsy *&^%. Again, tho, it's on top of a mask. Far as I know nothing compares to a well-constructed mask. Or two. And staying away from folks. I've had to politely ask people to step back more than once. Feel like I should carry a prod with me sometimes. I see plenty of unmasked and indifferent behaviors.:pfft:

Glad Jye is fighting through this:). I'm another one that got slammed with a vicious respiratory infection - last week of February was as sick as I'd ever been. First time I ever knew what it was like to wheeze for breath. 1/3 of a large group of us in a western NC visit got hit like dominos, within 3-4 days. Spent a week swilling juices and slumped over laptop reading this board and other sites. Was about all I could do. Tests for flu negative (but I am suspicious due to the infection speed); 3 weeks later everyone was running around testing for Covid. At least where I live.

So they tested me during a routine checkup when they found out I had been sick - Covid negative. The 1/3 that got ill were Covid negative, far as I know. But we wonder - then again, some kind of flu had broken out in that area. People forget that flu can be pretty bad, depending on strain. I'd had a flu vaccine - maybe it helped with some cross immunity, but I still got really ill. And, a lot of that 1/3 including me left to go home. So whatever we had spread across country. But don't think Covid crossed our minds. At the time. Am kinda dubious about nasal tests, but haven't had a blood antibody test. So I don't know.:dunno

Cringed watching this PBS video tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4la0YzxFZ4 If I'd known, I never would have gone on the trip.:(

Doesn't compare to Jye - just keep up those fluids and fresh air Jye:duff! Just remembering the wheezing/fever - I feel for yah. Fluids, fluids, fluids. It seemed to help. As did doing pretty much nothing, for days. Read this board. It was pretty peaceful when I was recovering, except for coughing your lungs out and the absolute malaise. But day by day.

Get the ones that tie above and below your head?

Been considering finding a good model like that. The ones I've relied on after trying a few, have adjustable straps, re-usable, with disposable filters and pockets for same. My top criterion was finding a model that I didn't have to mess with adjusting to stay in place. Nothing worse than a mask that slips down off your nose when speaking or moving.

They're good for Fall/Winter save the ear soreness, but I wouldn't want to wear them working outside in the summer. I have a locally-made 'summer-weight' mask with filter pocket that was quite functional.

Back