The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next episode Baby Yoda makes a shocking confession to the Mechanic Lady about the fate of the eggs.

4m14sp.jpg

Holy crap lol

I thought it was pretty funny when it was gobbling eggs. People are too easily triggered these days Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much is funny at 4:00 in the morning and laughed my *ss off.

So Han Solo dragged a tonton into the snow to freeze to death; Mando killed a mother and incubating baby and the Jawas chowed down, Baby has been snarfing live frogs given the chance AND a baby spider, and every SW I've ever seen in theory piles up the kill count like a plateful of beach fries.

But an innocent toddler in desperate need of high energy protein vs. MREs and whatever bantha jerky Din D'jarin has been feeding him is cancelled.

I stand by Baby with my Egg McMuffin. Always.:cool::nana:

Mando gets hit in the helmet by a fist, is completely dazed and falls to the ground. Cara gets hit in the head and is completely fine. Utterly ridiculous. Beskar can stop a blaster bolt but not the Feminist Fists of Justice!

Have you considered that Cara is stronger, more durable, and hits harder than Mando?

Just because a character is male doesn't mean they're automatically stronger than any other female character.

Have you considered that Cara is stronger, more durable, and hits harder than Mando?

Just because a character is male doesn't mean they're automatically stronger than any other female character.

And just because a female character is competent doesn't mean it's pandering. She also has space knuckle dusters on her space gloves.

Reeee female can't be better than male except at cooking and raising children.

And just because a female character is competent doesn't mean it's pandering. She also has space knuckle dusters on her space gloves.

Took a gander at their first meeting. She hazes him immediately by kicking him in the face with her full body weight behind it from above. Instant disadvantage for bucket-head.

She does react to pain, but fights through it as you'd expect from an elite trooper. My biggest problem with the fight is her not breaking her hand on his helmet, but she does quickly react the first time she hits it.

Subsequent strikes are a mix of closed fists and thumping him with her armoured gauntlets. The latter makes perfect sense, the fists not so much, knuckle dusters or not, but hey, she's from space, doing space stuff.

She's obviously his equal, maybe his better in some respects because she clearly enjoys hand-to-hand combat and seeks it out for sport, whereas he's deadly but does rely on gadgets and armour more than she does.

I *do* think Disney generally errs on the side of pandering, but I think given that this show is basically a *very* expensive cartoon, it's to be expected rather than nuanced character development.

Took a gander at their first meeting. She hazes him immediately by kicking him in the face with her full body weight behind it from above. Instant disadvantage for bucket-head.

She does react to pain, but fights through it as you'd expect from an elite trooper. My biggest problem with the fight is her not breaking her hand on his helmet, but she does quickly react the first time she hits it.

Subsequent strikes are a mix of closed fists and thumping him with her armoured gauntlets. The latter makes perfect sense, the fists not so much, knuckle dusters or not, but hey, she's from space, doing space stuff.

She's obviously his equal, maybe his better in some respects because she clearly enjoys hand-to-hand combat and seeks it out for sport, whereas he's deadly but does rely on gadgets and armour more than she does.

I *do* think Disney generally errs on the side of pandering, but I think given that this show is basically a *very* expensive cartoon, it's to be expected rather than nuanced character development.

At least Cara has a background that explains why she is so skilled, whereas Rey just so happens to be the "granddaughter" of Palpatine and is super powerful with no training or prior knowledge of the force.

At least Cara has a background that explains why she is so skilled, whereas Rey just so happens to be the "granddaughter" of Palpatine and is super powerful with no training or prior knowledge of the force.

No argument there, but that particular dead horse is fading (thankfully) from my memory. :lol

I agree it was one of the weakest episodes, but I don't think Howard is completely to blame. A quick check shows that Favreau wrote the episode, so in this case he is the "these people" to which you referred. I guess nobody's perfect. :wink1:

I also don't think we should assume that Mando's helmet makes him immune to concussions/getting his bell rung. To my knowledge beskar doesn't have the same fictional dampening properties of vibranium, so if he's hit just right with enough force his brain would still slosh around in his cranium - IMO. But they probably were more focused on setting up Cara as a badass sidekick vs. helmet property continuity. :lol

Yeah, he shares part of the blame, but it really only happens in that one episode.

I don't disagree that they were going heavy-handed with the Girl Power again -- they didn't have to oversell it, given that the actor is a pro MMA fighter. But some people do eat punches better than others. I could be wrong because I can't remember what hit her where, but anyway we're in broad agreement, I'm just nerd-picking details.

Yeah, she seems very weak. More Deborah Chow, please!

Yeah, they did oversell it.

Chow is directing the Kenobi series, so that should be really good.

More durable than Beskar armor?

It?s pandering when they take a competent male character and make him incompetent in multiple ways just to show the competence of the female character. Million different ways to show how Cara is a badass without making Mando come off as weak and dumb.

Agreed.

More durable than Beskar armor?

You're confusing Beskar armor with plot armor.

Just because the show is called The Mandalorian doesn't mean the character is the fiercest, most cunning and strongest warrior in the galaxy.

Holy crap people are triggered by Cara now.

I understood the arguments for getting triggered by the now infamous group of 5 females of Rey, Rose, Holdo, Story Group lady and Rian Johnson BUT CARA! :slap

sigh

Last edited:
You're confusing Beskar armor with plot armor.

Just because the show is called The Mandalorian doesn't mean the character is the fiercest, most cunning and strongest warrior in the galaxy.

Never said that or never said he needs to be. Cara’s plot armor in that episode is simply girl power/force is female. They weaken and dumb down Mando to prop her up.

A good representation of showing Cara as an equal without crapping all over Mando was when they were arm wrestling. Neither had the advantage. It shows Cara’s strength and doesn’t make Mando come off as dumb or weak. Something subtle, yet very impactful and doesn’t jam the girl power angle down our throats like every other Disney Star Wars product does.

Holy crap people are triggered by Cara now.

I understood the arguments for getting triggered by the now infamous group of 5 females of Rey, Rose, Holdo, Story Group lady and Rian Johnson BUT CARA! :slap

sigh

Since when did you ever understand the arguments against Rey? :lol

So we can now use Rian and KK interchangeably? Good to know!

:lol :lol :lol

Never said that or never said he needs to be. Cara’s plot armor in that episode is simply girl power/force is female. They weaken and dumb down Mando to prop her up.

A good representation of showing Cara as an equal without crapping all over Mando was when they were arm wrestling. Neither had the advantage. It shows Cara’s strength and doesn’t make Mando come off as dumb or weak. Something subtle, yet very impactful and doesn’t jam the girl power angle down our throats like every other Disney Star Wars product does.

Since when did you ever understand the arguments against Rey? :lol

I say a good 10-15 minutes ago lol

If Hot toys are smart....
that figure alone will break the net like the Ashoka reveal figure a few weeks back.
So much goodness in today's ep!!!

Back