1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear I read Pedro Pascal wasn't even playing the Mandalorian in the episode in the space station, but I can't find it now.

Based on what was said in Disney Gallery, it appears that the only time Pedro Pascal was in costume is when you see his face. They kind of dance around it because he's the "star".

I put "star" in quotes not to diminish Pascal's contribution, but because it's odd to put a single name on who plays Mando. It's like asking who played Darth Vader.

Based on what was said in Disney Gallery, it appears that the only time Pedro Pascal was in costume is when you see his face. They kind of dance around it because he's the "star".

I put "star" in quotes not to diminish Pascal's contribution, but because it's odd to put a single name on who plays Mando. It's like asking who played Darth Vader.

It's gotta be more than that as reading different articles he talks about bumping into things on set until getting used to the helmet or dealing with the rifle; then there's that comment from Filoni about Pascal in costume being able to slide into the cantina seat in costume (from the Disney Gallery); Pascal sez the character's a combination of 3 people.

Far as I remember Pascal was doing a King Lear production at the same time; so Favreau knew when he hired him Pascal had a commitment. Guess I should feel bad about the guy playing Darth Vader but I always think of James Earl Jones.:monkey3 But, James Earl Jones.

For myself like all the episodes; view the different tones as just seeing different sides to the character's personality; and just a bit about dealing with *unexpected single parenthood*:lol without bogging down into sentiment.

Right now I just want 1)Season 2 trailer and 2)E-mail from Sideshow or other this fig is shipping.:crying:pray:

Maybe they're afraid the stunt actor might ask for too much once he's named. This way they keep him dispensible. They get to stick Pascal's name to the character and pay him less for just doing the voice.

Maybe they're afraid the stunt actor might ask for too much once he's named. This way they keep him dispensible. They get to stick Pascal's name to the character and pay him less for just doing the voice.

No one knows how much Pacal is on set except episode 4. Re the Disney Gallery it's 2 stunt actors. Also doing voice over isn't unusual with actor there or not - actors are called in all the time to do ADR.

I used to wonder why productions didn't just cast stunt actors as leads in the first place. But stunt actors could be switched out and who know if they can act. They're not gonna let the actor get hurt if they can help it doing stunts. The Tom Cruise I'm-gonna-do-it-myself thing might be cool, but also can hold up a production for weeks if the actor gets hurt.

There's enough delayed productions without Mando getting delayed too.:crying

Meanwhile:
series composer Ludwig G?ransson recently shared with Deadline that Season Two will go down even more unexpected avenues

Guess I'd better budget for Mando fig #3:monkey3

That’s true we know what happened to David Prowse and his meltdown.

I got the impression from various interviews that Pascal at least filmed most of the first episode in costume, and then the stunt guys modeled their performances and physical movements off of that.

I have to admit I was pretty bummed to learn he wasn't actually in the costume most of the series, but thinking back it doesn't really change what an awesome character Mando was, and it always feels like the same guy under there regardless, so the stunt guys definitely did their job right.

That?s true we know what happened to David Prowse and his meltdown.

I don't but can look it up. But any person on set pitching a fit/diva - actor, stuntperson, etc. gets put on those he/she is a "jerk to work with" lists.

I have to admit I was pretty bummed to learn he wasn't actually in the costume most of the series, but thinking back it doesn't really change what an awesome character Mando was, and it always feels like the same guy under there regardless, so the stunt guys definitely did their job right.

*Shrug* dunno about most of the series but figured if Pascal was committed to ongoing play, there was gonna hafta be some trade-offs until the live production (play) wound up. Which, thanks to Covid, it probably did. The good part is Pascal must have committed to the entire series, or Favreau wouldn't have hired him. Most of the time I hate recasts.

And I'm looking forward to the big mano a mano end fight between the helmetless Mando (because it's more dramatic:monkey3) and Moff - lightsaber to Darksaber; and Din D'jarin walks off into the sunset Western-style.:cool:

And I'm looking forward to the big mano a mano end fight between the helmetless Mando (because it's more dramatic:monkey3) and Moff - lightsaber to Darksaber; and Din D'jarin walks off into the sunset Western-style.:cool:

I hate the cliche losing the helmet in battle and I actually would've preferred they never showed his face in season 1. Seeing his face like that came across sort of goofy to me but I didn't lose any sleep. I'm actually surprised Favreau didn't throw in some Iron Man HUD-like visuals just to show Pascal's face more.

I hate the cliche losing the helmet in battle and I actually would've preferred they never showed his face in season 1. Seeing his face like that came across sort of goofy to me but I didn't lose any sleep. I'm actually surprised Favreau didn't throw in some Iron Man HUD-like visuals just to show Pascal's face more.

I liked it because it got the whole thing out of the way, instead of building up to some huge drama like Vader's end reveal. Also thought it was really well done.

But I get why people would have preferred a longer wait. But suspect part of it - maybe - is gonna be we see more of Pascal Season 2. Idle speculation that a strong Force user like the Child or Ahsoka can "see" through helmets anyway - dunno.

Maybe Din D'jarin gets captured and loses his armor and Bo-Katan (or Boba being anti-hero) gets him past the can't-be-a-Mandalorian stuff; and then he gets new armor and we get fig #4 (after the scorched Toy Fair release) $$$$$$:lol

Well regardless of what episode of The Mandalorian is best vs what episode is the least favorite, all 8 episodes are far better than episodes 7,8, and 9 of the Skywalker saga. :lol

Funny for all this talk of hating it they can't seem to keep the ST out of their mouths. But of course, everyone's entitled to their opinion but don't see why we can't praise one thing without slamming another :monkey3.

Whoever wears the costume, be it a stuntsman or the actor himself, must use body language effectively.

Funny for all this talk of hating it they can't seem to keep the ST out of their mouths. But of course, everyone's entitled to their opinion but don't see why we can't praise one thing without slamming another :monkey3.

Well, yeah, but I was into the ST at first...that's why I ended up with Rey and Kylo. And stopped SW collecting. It wasn't just the ST look what happened to GOT (and I wasn't that thrilled with IW and EG either).

Was so excited about the ROS trailer. I know some people like it but I don't (tho don't hate it.)

But Favreau and Filoni are good story tellers - luv Clone Wars and Rebels - and they're fans. Which should make Boba fans happy 'coz sure he is gonna show up.:cool:

I know I am going to raise some controversy here... but I am going to say it nonetheless. The Mandalorian is the first piece of Star Wars non-movie material that I end up liking. Apart from some (older) videogames, the rest has always repelled me. I am forcing myself to watch the clone wars. I just finished the first season and man, it is such a pain to watch. Too childish. There are some mature theme and some serious writing, but the format and the target put me off. There are too many episodes, many of them are far from poignant and they are always going to appeal to a younger audience, with goofy dialogues or exaggerated voice acting.

I really hope that the tone will veer towards more mature tones with the progressing of the seasons.

I watched season 1 of rebels and it gave out the same negative vibes for me.

The Mandalorian instead is way more appealing to me. And I praise Favreau and Filoni for the respect they have towards the Star Wars universe.

I know I am going to raise some controversy here... but I am going to say it nonetheless. The Mandalorian is the first piece of Star Wars non-movie material that I end up liking. Apart from some (older) videogames, the rest has always repelled me. I am forcing myself to watch the clone wars. I just finished the first season and man, it is such a pain to watch. Too childish. There are some mature theme and some serious writing, but the format and the target put me off. There are too many episodes, many of them are far from poignant and they are always going to appeal to a younger audience, with goofy dialogues or exaggerated voice acting.

I really hope that the tone will veer towards more mature tones with the progressing of the seasons.

I watched season 1 of rebels and it gave out the same negative vibes for me.

The Mandalorian instead is way more appealing to me. And I praise Favreau and Filoni for the respect they have towards the Star Wars universe.

The thing is, Clone Wars starts as a kids show and begins to mature later on. Season 3-4 and onwards have some pretty dark moments and storylines, they start to strike more of a balance between both the younger and more mature audiences.. It's worth sticking with the show. But remember at the end of the day, Star Wars has always been for kids.

Rebels is a kids show pretty much through and through but when it's good, it's really good. It still has some dark and emotional moments though, but they are few and far between. Twilight of the Apprentice, Twin Suns, Zero Hour and a majority of season 4 are great. Pretty much any of the arcs with Ahsoka, Maul, Vader and Thrawn are amazing.

dantes, while true that CW's season 1 is very much geared towards kids, and the subsequent seasons "mature" a bit from there, I found the series to still be pretty mediocre and despite some slightly more mature themes here and there, still pretty lightweight.

I forced myself to watch the series when I subscribed to Disney+ for the Mandalorian, and, aside from liking Ahsoka by the end, I was really underwhelmed. I couldn't care less for the individual clones. Anakin and Obi War were fine. But honestly I don't know if I'm really any better off having watched the series other than to say that I watched it. Frankly I'm surprised I stuck it out! But I really had to force myself, especially in the last couple of seasons when my patience had run dry. However, this was all before the "final" season premiered, so I never saw the season that's interwoven with Episode 3.

I don't mean to thread poop but I felt dantes needed a different POV, especially since he's already showing signs of fatigue.

chrisstruthers, you describe it well by saying at the end of the day, it's still geared towards kids. That may temper dantes's expectations.

Back