1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the mystery of Boba still do..but now that we have Mando..Boba seems like a watered down character .

BTW the PT ruined the image of Boba IMO ..just sayin

And don’t forget he’s the proto Phasma in the sense of hyped up and then “dying” ignominiously.

....and that right there is your problem. You dont know him from anything else, just the movies.

It is the EU and the comics that show what and who he really is. Now, if you dont want to read that stuff, if Fett does not interest you, fair enough. But when you say stuff like "he's not interesting" to people who HAVE read these things, that's why your opinion is kind of being dismissed. You have nothing really to base your judgement on, except a lack of information.

I'm not trying to flame you here, just explaining.

But the movies are canon and always have been the highest level. It?s not on him or anyone to read optional material and base an opinion only on the films. It?s Just as dismissive to denounce him because he hasn?t bothered to read various peripheral media surrounding the character. That’s not a problem, it’s a valid perspective, especially considering canonicity.

But the movies are canon and always have been the highest level. It?s not on him or anyone to read optional material and base an opinion only on the films. It?s Just as dismissive to denounce him because he hasn?t bothered to read various peripheral media surrounding the character. That’s not a problem, it’s a valid perspective, especially considering canonicity.

I do believe originally Lucas had big plans for Boba in ROTJ but by the time he started filming ..after some many effect changes , script changes and plot holes he was fatigued with the idea of Boba that he just decided to make Fett die as a comedic site gag to the strength of Han’s humorous character development and How Ford portrayed Han’s humor with his natural charisma.

So we can’t really blame how Fett met his doom in canon

I loved the mystery of Boba still do..but now that we have Mando..Boba seems like a watered down character .

BTW the PT ruined the image of Boba IMO ..just sayin

Clearly Filoni had plans for Boba or else he wouldn?t have had as many episodes about him in the Clone Wars and it?s obvious they put a lot of EU Boba elements into the Din Djarin character, whether people wanna argue about EU being meaningful or not. I think that much is clear and I?m just gonna trust Filoni and Favreau that they know what they?re doing by going that route with Din and then still teasing Boba for season 2. We?ll see.

As far as Boba in the PT, I?m indifferent and don?t have much opinion on him there. I don?t ?like it? but if I?ve accepted everything in the ST as canon and have moved on, then Boba in Ep 2 means nothing to me either. Now that I think about it, the Clones are the most badass characters in SW. I actually don?t see how it?s a bad thing that Boba was one all of a sudden unless it?s just Daniel Logan?s face. I know a lot of people just don?t like his face or voice:lol :dunno

This forum needs to do something about these apostrophe’s turning into question marks for mobile phones. It’s rather annoying.

If you watch ESB, Boba didn't need additional material to make him cool. He was a bounty hunter with interesting character design who tracked the Falcon, exchanged blaster fire with Luke, and helped capture Han Solo. Detractors single out his death to undermine all that. Have you guys heard of Han Solo? He just stood there like an old fart while his emo son stabbed him through his gut, and then he fell into a lava pit like a sad loser. :lol

This forum needs to do something about these apostrophe?s turning into question marks for mobile phones. It?s rather annoying.
Doesn't do anything about other people's, but if you go into your phone settings you can stop it from automatically using "smart" characters.

In the films, Boba served his purpose. He looked cool, moved the story along, and split. He was a cog in a machine about the Skywalkers. Much like Maul, though, he has more potential, and it's up to comics, books, games and now TV shows to give us more of that. I trust the Mando crew to give us a good story with him. I love this show and I'm excited to see where this goes.

Clearly Filoni had plans for Boba or else he wouldn?t have had as many episodes about him in the Clone Wars and it?s obvious they put a lot of EU Boba elements into the Din Djarin character, whether people wanna argue about EU being meaningful or not. I think that much is clear and I?m just gonna trust Filoni and Favreau that they know what they?re doing by going that route with Din and then still teasing Boba for season 2. We?ll see.

As far as Boba in the PT, I?m indifferent and don?t have much opinion on him there. I don?t ?like it? but if I?ve accepted everything in the ST as canon and have moved on, then Boba in Ep 2 means nothing to me either. Now that I think about it, the Clones are the most badass characters in SW. I actually don?t see how it?s a bad thing that Boba was one all of a sudden unless it?s just Daniel Logan?s face. I know a lot of people just don?t like his face or voice:lol :dunno

This forum needs to do something about these apostrophe’s turning into question marks for mobile phones. It’s rather annoying.

Filoni has often been referred to as the modern day Cowboy..just look at him..so I’m sure when Favreau pitched his idea about the show, he had every attention to have Filoni on his staff to help bring Favreau’s vision of Mando being a urban gunslinger “ How the West was Won “ ..Wild Wild West type of a show . I say it’s a match made in heaven and absolutely worthy of the Emmy nominations .

I hope those two continue to work together through the future of the series because it could possibly be one of those franchised shows that we will never forget

In the films, Boba served his purpose. He looked cool, moved the story along, and split. He was a cog in a machine about the Skywalkers. Much like Maul, though, he has more potential, and it's up to comics, books, games and now TV shows to give us more of that. I trust the Mando crew to give us a good story with him. I love this show and I'm excited to see where this goes.

:goodpost:

Filoni has often been referred to as the modern day Cowboy..just look at him..so I’m sure when Favreau pitched his idea about the show, he had every attention to have Filoni on his staff to help bring Favreau’s vision of Mando being a urban gunslinger “ How the West was Won “ ..Wild Wild West type of a show . I say it’s a match made in heaven and absolutely worthy of the Emmy nominations .

I hope those two continue to work together through the future of the series because it could possibly be one of those franchised shows that we will never forget

They’ve definitely set up the groundwork to do just that. It’s gonna be crazy once season 2 ends in December how these entertaining Boba vs Din arguments will get once both sides will have a second seasons worth of examples for their stances:lol

The amount of figures coming out of season two will be Avengers-esque, I believe.

They’ve definitely set up the groundwork to do just that. It’s gonna be crazy once season 2 ends in December how these entertaining Boba vs Din arguments will get once both sides will have a second seasons worth of examples for their stances:lol

The amount of figures coming out of season two will be Avengers-esque, I believe.

The pandemic has definitely affected the Hollywood industry in the worst way. Be prepared to wait a long while for the merch of S2 to be featured . It could be another year at the least :panic:

Filoni has often been referred to as the modern day Cowboy..just look at him..so I?m sure when Favreau pitched his idea about the show, he had every attention to have Filoni on his staff to help bring Favreau?s vision of Mando being a urban gunslinger ? How the West was Won ? ..Wild Wild West type of a show . I say it?s a match made in heaven and absolutely worthy of the Emmy nominations .

:exactly:

Another thing I like is that - and Favreau mentioned this - they've been through the frenzy before. So neither should be distracted from their own ideas and story.

Re-watching the Disney gallery and it's just comforting listening to all these experts in their fields talking about the risks and coming together and problem solving. I've never been so happy with Star Wars. Tho the down side is having to pay off 2 admittedly stellar Mandos.:cool:

:exactly:

Another thing I like is that - and Favreau mentioned this - they've been through the frenzy before. So neither should be distracted from their own ideas and story.

Re-watching the Disney gallery and it's just comforting listening to all these experts in their fields talking about the risks and coming together and problem solving. I've never been so happy with Star Wars. Tho the down side is having to pay off 2 admittedly stellar Mandos.:cool:

With risk also comes reward. The fact that Disney let Favreau have complete control of the series and let him and Filoni run amuck with their vision and ideals for each episode including having Favreau’s idea of having different guest writers for each episode to make the flow seem different every time

But the movies are canon and always have been the highest level. Its not on him or anyone to read optional material and base an opinion only on the films. Its Just as dismissive to denounce him because he hasnt bothered to read various peripheral media surrounding the character. That?s not a problem, it?s a valid perspective, especially considering canonicity.

Its not on him to read anything he does not want to read. True enough. This is a big problem in the fan-base, however, as this issue re both Fetts is rehashed literally every day in other forums such as FB.

"Fett is not a Mandalorian and he sucks, he died like a wuss! Change my mind!" and further investigation reveals that the naysayer knows literally nothing about him.

But this is kinda like - and I know analogy to be dangerous - it would be if I, who knows almost nothing about Physics, disagreed with someone who finally presented the Piece de Resistance of Physics: a Grand Unified Theory.

Physicist presents research: HAHA here it is at last, a Grand Unified Theory!

Me: Your theory is bull!

Physicist: How do you know? What are your credentials? Who ARE you?

Me: Ummm.... I dont have any credentials. Your theory is still bull, though.

Physicist: But what is the basis of your complaint?

Me: I just feel like your theory is b.s. Its just a *feeling* I have. I dont LIKE it.

Physicist: Have you even read my theory?

Me: No..... [because dissenters have never, ever read a thing about Fett or his father or indeed, any Mandalorian or the Clones or... anything related]

...and so it goes. Such arguments don't sway anyone.

With risk also comes reward. The fact that Disney let Favreau have complete control of the series and let him and Filoni run amuck with their vision and ideals for each episode including having Favreau’s idea of having different guest writers for each episode to make the flow seem different every time

Guest writers/directors are one of the few things I don’t like about the series. When you watch the season one trailer you get this serious, slick, ominous tone to the series. That’s what I’d like every episode to be. Not the mishmash of tones with some episodes feeling totally out of place and for the most part terrible.

If I had my own way I’d pick two or three episodes from season one and say whoever was involved with these let’s just stick with them.

I think the varying tones throughout the season was intentional and would have happened regardless of the writers or directors involved, since they clearly would have mapped out the entire story beforehand. I agree though it might have been better if they had kept it a bit more consistent.

Guest writers/directors are one of the few things I don’t like about the series. When you watch the season one trailer you get this serious, slick, ominous tone to the series. That’s what I’d like every episode to be. Not the mishmash of tones with some episodes feeling totally out of place and for the most part terrible.

If I had my own way I’d pick two or three episodes from season one and say whoever was involved with these let’s just stick with them.

I have to admit..you have a point. Like when you look at the episode when Cara Dune was introduced which had so much depth and emotion and compare it to the later episode theme which I call the “ BratPack “ episode where the group of Mavericks go on a mission only to be doublecrossed in the end but Mando gets the last laugh at the end of the episode to the season finale we’re so much mystery surrounds the dark blade general .

I guess in a nutshell it can be overwhelming and slightly annoying :lecture

I have to admit..you have a point. Like when you look at the episode when Cara Dune was introduced which had so much depth and emotion and compare it to the later episode theme which I call the “ BratPack “ episode where the group of Mavericks go on a mission only to be doublecrossed in the end but Mando gets the last laugh at the end of the episode to the season finale we’re so much mystery surrounds the dark blade general .

I guess in a nutshell it can be overwhelming and slightly annoying :lecture

One of the stand out episodes for me where the entire storyline, look and tone just didn’t work is the episode Bryce Dallas Howard directed. I’ll never watch that one again. If the entire series carried on like that episode I guarantee there would not have been a season 2.

One of the stand out episodes for me where the entire storyline, look and tone just didn’t work is the episode Bryce Dallas Howard directed. I’ll never watch that one again. If the entire series carried on like that episode I guarantee there would not have been a season 2.

I didn’t know which director directed what, but once I saw how that episode had Carano trying to deliver her lines with a smirk while trying to look cute, I had zero doubts that was Bryce’s episode:lol

Personally, I could do without episodes 4-6 and probably will never watch those three ever again but I’ll chalk it up to them just trying to flesh out Don’s character. And once I look at them as just “episodes of the week”, I can get over them.

Hopefully, there’ll be less of those kind of episodes. I could do without the Star Trekky “c-list” celebrity cameos too. Those did nothing for me but apparently, people say they’re fun:dunno

Back