1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They specifically focused on slimming down Mando's helmet to be tight fitting and appear more heroic. I think they discussed it in the Mando documentary series.

Strange how in writing this sounds kind of silly but when you look at the two side by side something about it just makes sense lol

Damn all of you for posting pics of this figure and making it difficult for me to adhere to my strict “I only collect Original Trilogy figures” policy. He looks awesome! Now I’m giving it serious consideration as to whether or not I should break my rule just this once.

Damn all of you for posting pics of this figure and making it difficult for me to adhere to my strict “I only collect Original Trilogy figures” policy. He looks awesome! Now I’m giving it serious consideration as to whether or not I should break my rule just this once.

I consider this to be part of the OT, along with Rogue One. It happens close enough to the timeline and just "feels" like OT. If that helps get you over the hump to order. What you don't want, is to decide later that you need it, because this one is going to command premium after market dollars...

I consider this to be part of the OT, along with Rogue One. It happens close enough to the timeline and just "feels" like OT. If that helps get you over the hump to order. What you don't want, is to decide later that you need it, because this one is going to command premium after market dollars...

Good point! Buy now and if I change my mind later I can always sell him. Very true!
And I agree Season 1 of the show felt very much like an extension of the OT.

I wouldn't display him next to Boba, the helmet size issue seems pretty jarring. I'd be curious to see it next to a human Star Wars head, I imagine the Tarkin sculpt is bigger than that helmet.

I wouldn't display him next to Boba, the helmet size issue seems pretty jarring. I'd be curious to see it next to a human Star Wars head, I imagine the Tarkin sculpt is bigger than that helmet.

That's a great point. Hoping someone here will post comparisons with human headsculpts.

I don't get the issue, they're just differently shaped helmets. It's not like both look the same in-universe and Hot Toys accidentally used the wrong mold. It's just different shapes. I'm not going to avoid posing a Snowtrooper with a Stormtrooper just because one helmet is wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t realize how Mando looks so different to Boba until I saw the two versions next to each other in pics online. The Boba figure seems so out of place now and I don’t know if it’s because they spent more time developing the perfect Mando version in figure form or that HT did their best in saying “ Hey our Mandalorian version is not a repainted Boba Fett “

Truly impressed :horror

I also might as add..the actor himself playing Mando isn’t that big of a guy in terms of physique so I think saying the figure looks scrawny or thin is an understatement imo

I don't get the issue, they're just differently shaped helmets. It's not like both look the same in-universe and Hot Toys accidentally used the wrong mold. It's just different shapes. I'm not going to avoid posing a Snowtrooper with a Stormtrooper just because one helmet is wider.

If one helmet looks like it can't possibly fit a human head, then it's undersized. I'm not saying it definitely is, but it's certainly on the smaller side where that could be a possibility. Just because it's meant to be smaller doesn't preclude it from also being made too small on top of that. I've always thought the HT Boba helmet seemed a bit bobbleheaded on the figure, but I believe that was the SS Mythos helmet above which I'm less familiar with.

To your trooper example, I actually thought that the HT Stormtrooper helmet made the SS Snowtrooper look too narrow and small when displayed side by side. Thankfully HT came out with their superior Snowtrooper and it never crossed my mind again.

If one helmet looks like it can't possibly fit a human head, then it's undersized. I'm not saying it definitely is, but it's certainly on the smaller side where that could be a possibility. Just because it's meant to be smaller doesn't preclude it from also being made too small on top of that. I've always thought the HT Boba helmet seemed a bit bobbleheaded on the figure, but I believe that was the SS Mythos helmet above which I'm less familiar with.

To your trooper example, I actually thought that the HT Stormtrooper helmet made the SS Snowtrooper look too narrow and small when displayed side by side. Thankfully HT came out with their superior Snowtrooper and it never crossed my mind again.

Credits: Man of Hot Collectibles' review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSkR6U6lc-w

Totally not undersized in my opinion. Also my opinion: never liked Boba Fett's look, it's goofy. Never really liked the character and I still can't get my head around how popular he is.

Screenshot_2020-08-11 Hot Toys The Mandalorian Unboxing and Review Star Wars The Mandalorian(4).jpg

Screenshot_2020-08-11 Hot Toys The Mandalorian Unboxing and Review Star Wars The Mandalorian.jpg

Screenshot_2020-08-11 Hot Toys The Mandalorian Unboxing and Review Star Wars The Mandalorian(2).jpg

Screenshot_2020-08-11 Hot Toys The Mandalorian Unboxing and Review Star Wars The Mandalorian(3).jpg

The helmet doesn't look undersized at all, Boba's doesn't look oversized either. They are just different designs.

Totally not undersized in my opinion. Also my opinion: never liked Boba Fett's look, it's goofy. Never really liked the character and I still can't get my head around how popular he is.

You remove any personal bias aside, it's actually not complicated at all. Everything Din Djarin was pretty much inspired by Boba Fett. Hell, his origin is a blatantly ripped off of Jango's. He a cool looking space bounty hunter in armor with a ton of weapons. That should explain why Din and Boba would BOTH be very popular. Liking one while disliking the other is just strange:dunno

I'll even put it like this, you color his armor green and put Temuera's face when he takes off his helmet at the end and there's really nothing from the show that would make you believe it couldn't have just been Boba Fett the entire time:lol

You remove any personal bias aside, it's actually not complicated at all. Everything Din Djarin was pretty much inspired by Boba Fett. Hell, his origin is a blatantly ripped off of Jango's. He a cool looking space bounty hunter in armor with a ton of weapons. That should explain why Din and Boba would be popular. Liking one while disliking the other is strange:dunno

I'll even put it like this, you color his armor green and there's no way a general audience member wouldn't even know that this is a completely different character from Boba:lol

I don't think anyone would disagree that if Boba took the place of Din in the show people would think it's less cooler. The difference is you don't need to read the EU to know why he's a badass, probably what he's getting at. If you just have the OT and The Mandalorian with no auxiliary EU stuff, it would make sense that people would prefer Mando just because the show centers around him, Boba doesn't have a backstory or real character in the movies (not really a criticism just an observation).

Credits: Man of Hot Collectibles' review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSkR6U6lc-w

View attachment 492869

Thanks for posting those. Think it looks fine next to Luke, things like hair and ears get squished in helmets. I'd still say it's probably a tad small for me, considering most Star Wars helmets have been pretty damn big across the board, but not enough to be a problem. I really do get the man in suit vibe from this figure. I've always thought the proportions on the HT Boba figures were a bit wonky to be honest, and also difficult to futz/pose in convincing ways.

Boba looks cool, Din is cool :dunno

Boba looked cool.

Jango is cool.
Din already stole Jango's origins. He's gonna steal his quote too?:lol

I don't think anyone would disagree that if Boba took the place of Din in the show people would think it's less cooler. The difference is you don't need to read the EU to know why he's a badass, probably what he's getting at. If you just have the OT and The Mandalorian with no auxiliary EU stuff, it would make sense that people would prefer Mando just because the show centers around him, Boba doesn't have a backstory or real character in the movies (not really a criticism just an observation).

I totally get what he was saying but I'll just stop now though as it does nothing to further discuss how good this figure is. I don't wanna go off track and get people excited to win a pissing contest as these discussions tend to go. Carry on.

Last edited:
Back