1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who's Beskar?
What is Beskar

Pretty much the 16th-19th centuries Toledo Steel of the Star Wars U. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_steel

As per the Celebration footage what the Mando gets paid in ("upon delivery of the asset"), and thus forges his new Armor.
It likely comes with a high moral price though.

I'll do you one better, "Why is Beskar ?"

LOL, even though you are kidding:), that is actually addressed too:

As Herzog's character comments; "...Beskar belongs back in the hands of the Mandalorian people. He says "...it would be good to restore the order of things after a period of such disarray."
The question becomes ....at what cost? :wink1:

Re: Hot Toys 1/6 The Mandalorian

tovar-1702.jpg

Maybe this one from Threezero.
https://www.threezerohk.com/product/the-great-wall-pero-tovar/
Wow thanks! The Great Wall's "Pero Tovar" I forgot Pedro was even in that movie, it came and went so fast!
I have to remember to watch it now.
Likeness is a bit rough, but actually looks like a pretty descent figure. Love the scar!

Threezero_Pero-Tovar12.jpg

Big question though ; if the helmet even does ever come off first season, does the Mando actually have Pascal's stache and light beard?

I cannot wait for this Hot Toys figure. I know this is a lame ass comment that doesn't say a whole lot, I'm just geeking out and sharing my excitement and that I too will be getting this.

I agreed he looked chunky in the initial photos but he was so damn beautiful in person today. My most anticipated figure over Endgame Cap and Hot Toys Jango right now.

CFFA2CF7-1E53-498D-B7BD-0EBDD3A94473.jpeg

I see a lot of comments about whether or not the Mandalorian is really Boba. I won't be miffed either way, since some of the newer star wars stuff has shrunk the universe a bit. One thing I keep thinking about though is in the trailer they show a bunch of people frozen in Carbonite. Only some of the Heroes, Vader and Fett, some Stormtroopers and Ugnaughts would know about this from ESB, how would anyone else know about this process? Considering everyone at Jabba's palace got blown to bits. This does lend some credence to a potential Boba reveal.

I see a lot of comments about whether or not the Mandalorian is really Boba. I won't be miffed either way, since some of the newer star wars stuff has shrunk the universe a bit. One thing I keep thinking about though is in the trailer they show a bunch of people frozen in Carbonite. Only some of the Heroes, Vader and Fett, some Stormtroopers and Ugnaughts would know about this from ESB, how would anyone else know about this process? Considering everyone at Jabba's palace got blown to bits. This does lend some credence to a potential Boba reveal.

We know it's not Boba Fett, just a couple of sad fans desperately clinging to that delusion.

As to the Carbonite - News of Solo's capture and the method likely spread like wildfire in those circles. And Frozen Solo was hinging for a while on full display as the central showpiece, at Jabba's palace.
This is the SW analogues equivalent Rick's Cafe, everyone comes through there, pretty much every Gangster and Bounty Hunter in and out of Jabba's Palace would have heard about this. And would know you could take someone alive and collect for a "living" Bounty (which is worth more), using Carbonite-Freezing.
The trick is getting your hands on one.
It's no surprise the Mando (who is pretty much the best according to Greef Carga leader of the Bounty Hunters Guild) would have a Carbon-Freezing chamber installed in his ship the Razor Crest.

Carbon freezing isn't some prototype technology created in Cloud City. It was used during the Prequel Era. In The Clone Wars, the Republic uses it to avoid life form scanners and infiltrate a Separatist stronghold. It's also commonly used to freeze supplies.

There is no credence to a Boba Reveal. As Mondragon said:

The first thing we were told about him "after the stories of the Fetts ...another warrior emerges."

Then later reaffirmed by Favreau that he's a new character.

Reaffirmed by Pascal who reveals behind the scenes and narrates how when he saw the first illustration he confusedly thought he was playing Boba Fett, only to be told, no, he's a new character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We know it's not Boba Fett, just a couple of sad fans desperately clinging to that delusion.

As to the Carbonite - News of Solo's capture and the method likely spread like wildfire in those circles. And Frozen Solo was hinging for a while on full display as the central showpiece, at Jabba's palace.
This is the SW analogues equivalent Rick's Cafe, everyone comes through there, pretty much every Gangster and Bounty Hunter in and out of Jabba's Palace would have heard about this. And would know you could take someone alive and collect for a "living" Bounty (which is worth more), using Carbonite-Freezing.
The trick is getting your hands on one.
It's no surprise the Mando (who is pretty much the best according to Greef Carga leader of the Bounty Hunters Guild) would have a Carbon-Freezing chamber installed in his ship the Razor Crest.

Oh man I didn't even think about that, would be so bad ass if his carbon freezing chamber is on the Razor Crest. Would certainly make his job easier! Also, good insight. I've watched Clone Wars and Rebels, read tons of EU comics and stuff and know that they've expanded carbon freezing from beyond ESB so this all makes sense. Most likely won't be Boba, which I'd prefer it not be but I won't be mad if they do go that route.

Carbon freezing isn't some prototype technology created in Cloud City. It was used during the Prequel Era. In The Clone Wars, the Republic uses it to avoid life form scanners and infiltrate a Separatist stronghold. It's also commonly used to freeze supplies.

There is no credence to a Boba Reveal. As Mondragon said:

The first thing we were told about him "after the stories of the Fetts ...another warrior emerges."

Then later reaffirmed by Favreau that he's a new character.

Reaffirmed by Pascal who reveals behind the scenes and narrates how when he saw the first illustration he confusedly thought he was playing Boba Fett, only to be told, no, he's a new character.

Hey I'm with you, production say's its a new character (could be misdirect but I doubt it), makes sense for it to be a new character. I'd prefer it to be a new character. But I wouldn't be mad if they end up having him be Boba. Not my preference but wouldn't be a deal breaker. I like all the prequel stuffs, they've totally retconned carbon freezing though. It's pretty clear in ESB that no one had done it before (or that none of those characters were aware of it) but since then carbon freezing has been done in comics, books, shows, etc. Still hope this isn't Boba.

Hey I'm with you, production say's its a new character (could be misdirect but I doubt it), makes sense for it to be a new character. I'd prefer it to be a new character. But I wouldn't be mad if they end up having him be Boba. Not my preference but wouldn't be a deal breaker. I like all the prequel stuffs, they've totally retconned carbon freezing though. It's pretty clear in ESB that no one had done it before (or that none of those characters were aware of it) but since then carbon freezing has been done in comics, books, shows, etc. Still hope this isn't Boba.

Yeah I would have no issue with Boba either, just trying to make people understand that this isn't some "Oohoohoo! Guess who he is! You might've met him before :)" from Lucasfilm. It's literally just not Boba Fett.

Yeah I would have no issue with Boba either, just trying to make people understand that this isn't some "Oohoohoo! Guess who he is! You might've met him before :)" from Lucasfilm. It's literally just not Boba Fett.

Oh for sure, I get you. I really like Pedro Pascal and want to see how he plays the Mandalorian because he's typically charming in his roles, even when not playing a "good guy". So I'm interested to see how this character is, rather than constantly comparing him to some pre-existing character in the SW universe. I'm geeking out hard over this show!

So any Mando must default to Fett?
It's already been long established there are many more Mandalorian bounty hunters than just the Fetts. As far back as the Marvel comics, they were already establishing a whole planet and culture based on Mandalorians , this idea was continued in the novelizations and expanded U. And Dave Feloni the other guy working on this reestablished it again through new canon, and did whole episodes and characters based on Mandalorians as a culture (although I haven't watched any), can recognize it. This isn't new.
And both Favreau and Filoni are steeped in this idea.
Even the trailer already makes reference to them as a culture through Beskar.
And the ComicCon footage (accessible to everyone) even shows him ambushed by and fighting other Mandalorians!
We know there are more.
Seriously if you are still defaulting to any Mando dressed Bounty Hunter must be Boba Fett, and can't imagine there are more, at this point, that's on your own ignorance. ;)

Firstly thanks for totally not understanding what I wrote.
Secondly thanks for assuming I must have no knowledge or interest in Star Wars.
I think that demonstrates your ignorance.

What I meant - to be clear- is why create a new character who us essentially the same as boba when you could just use boba?
Even if he was a mando and not a bounty hunter it would be different but he is literally the same. I?m not sure that all they are all bounty hunters ? Warriors for hire etc but not all bounty hunters? Certainly a few like montress and jango and boba.
Jodo kast was a fake and off the top of my head most of the others were fett family?

I really like boba fett and would have loved them to have made this series about him but I also really excited for this series and think it looks like it could the best thing Disney has done. I hope it is
The figure looks cool , af as well.

What I meant - to be clear- is why create a new character who us essentially the same as boba when you could just use boba?
Even if he was a mando and not a bounty hunter it would be different but he is literally the same. I?m not sure that all they are all bounty hunters ? Warriors for hire etc but not all bounty hunters? Certainly a few like montress and jango and boba.
Jodo kast was a fake and off the top of my head most of the others were fett family?

Because Boba Fett is already known to us. We know his origins, his back story, and his life through countless stories; in the movies, books, comics, and shows, as well as the meta reason of being a fan favorite character.

They want to tell a brand new story with new characters. They're really pushing the "mysterious stranger" trope with The Mandalorian so the less is known about him, the better.

And if he is Mandalorian from Mandalore, he would have a very different perspective than Boba Fett who is the orphaned clone son of a bounty hunter raised far from Mandalore and its people and traditions.

In the current canon, Jango Fett and Boba Fett are also not considered fully Mandalorian as well. Jango was born on Concord Dawn which is a world within the Mandalorian empire, but the Mandalorians have disavowed him. Even their armor is made of durasteel and not Beskar.

And in both the EU and current canon, the Mandalorians were a people and culture with whole worlds and an empire at times. Only some chose it, but they had a reputation of being bounty hunters, mercenaries, and warriors because they were good at it.

Because Boba Fett is already known to us. We know his origins, his back story, and his life through countless stories; in the movies, books, comics, and shows, as well as the meta reason of being a fan favorite character.

?Everybody? defaults to this argument but you guys do know that outside of AOTC, a handful of Clone Wars episodes, and his 45 seconds of screentime in the OT, there's nothing else that?s canon anymore. I repeat, everything you know that wasn?t in those few things I mentioned are no longer canon.

How much more of a blank slate does a character need? And for the he?s not Mandalorian argument, Disney still states the Mythosaur is a symbol for Mandalorians. So for someone not Mandalorian, it?s funny how they?re still releasing all of these toys of Boba with the Mythosaur symbol painted obnoxiously on him. Pretty funny for somebody who’s supposed to be not Mandalorian.

And just for fun, can someone tell me what it says under his description here, on the official Disney Store?

https://www.shopdisney.com/characters/star-wars/boba-fett/

Back