1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... yes, I think in the long run it would make more room for development if he could take his helmet off - since there?s no canon reason for him not to (till now). For now it?s fine, even great, that he keeps his helmet on, but when we get to season three... ...

Agree I'd be fine if it eventually comes off, for an emotional, or dramatic story turn if it's right.
As far as the "rule" being written therefore unbreakable, pretty much there was a scene where the Mando tribe are like; we never go outside more than one at a time, ...cut to -> all The Mando's outside more than one at a time together! LOL!
Obviously the narrative is going to dedicate what "rules" will be broken or not, and often a "rule:" is established, in fact so it can dramatically be broken.
The question is when and to what ends, there is a theme being built around identity, losing it, finding it, what defines it, etc, is a big part of, it, whichever way it goes.
Right now it's all about having no face and name is what defines him.
There might also be more to him.

And just to keep this on topic about the actual figure...
3dwsye.gif

From ^ to .....

nHZxgKn.jpg

ADUzGG2.jpg

From the EW pic. you can also tell the knife transfers over to and is still part of his later Beskar armor look.
So everything seems to indicate it is a standard (meaning not something he might just lose right off (leaves in somebodies corpse), just picks up and discards in one scene) but likely an ongoing element to his costume.
You've probably all seen by now. He does use the knife pretty regularly.
Interesting detail about the Mando's knife! If you look closely at the blade as he braces himself for the Mudhorn charge. You can see it's actually vibrating, which explains how it helped take down such a huge beast.
Also check during the fight with Paz Visla (the heavy Mando guy voiced by Favreau), just as they pause before gutting each-others necks. If you look closely you can see these are Vibrating-Blades.
3hggek.gif

Again, it's definitely a standard part of his arsenal, hoping they do add it to the final product.

attachment.php

And ....Confirmed!

That's a perfect analysis. Particularly the bit about Episode VIII unfairly dragging down TFA and Solo by association.

I wached Solo and TFA this week. While I make no excuses for enjoying TLJ, Solomis a better film. Its a shame it got caught up in the TLJ backlash, it was petty really. After watching it I realized I would love 2 more films. I still think DIS will make at least one more.

TLJ, well, love it or hate it, it definetly gave DIS a barometer for what many SW fans want, or do not want. Over all I really like the Luke Rey stuff, and I think many fans are missing a great story there. This is not just a story about a hero and her journey, its about how two lead players in a galactic conflict interact with each other, and how that interaction affects everyone around them. Its not the straight ?hero?s journey? we have come to expect with SW. At least IMO
, others milage obviously varies greatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over all I really like the Luke Rey stuff, and I think many fans are missing a great story there.

Definitely. I also think that, regardless of how Mark felt about the direction of the character, he killed that performance. Furthermore, I think the writers really captured Luke's authentic voice, whereas it would have been really easy to just make him sound like Obi-Wan.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Hey Manbabies - Looks like we may be in for a lot more Mandalorians! Man up your wallets and hang on for the crazy ride! Que the complaints manbabies, we know they're coming! LOL

*F*&^*

Face planted last night when l lost the WAR with myself and decided I NEEDED Mando #1 and IG-11.

Then there'll be Mando #2 diecast, Cara Dune, the Mando with baby....but where's the Werner Herzog fig.:cool:

imo they'll add baby crib with v1 and loose child with beskar armor

Had the release of a cribbed baby not been a major spoiler then I’m sure it would have been either included with the figure originally or offered as part of a deluxe version to begin with.

Simply because of that I still think there’s a very, very small chance we could see a completely plastic, non-articulated, floating crib asset sprung on us as part of this. :pray:

Had the release of a cribbed baby not been a major spoiler then I’m sure it would have been either included with the figure originally or offered as part of a deluxe version to begin with.

Simply because of that I still think there’s a very, very small chance we could see a completely plastic, non-articulated, floating crib asset sprung on us as part of this. :pray:

Yeah the release is still so far off, and it would be such an easy thing for HT to make, that I'd say the odds are good it'll be included with the final figure.

Episode 4 was really good too. The baby is just the cutest thing EVER! Really hope I won?t need to buy the beskar armor version too to get it [emoji51] ...even though that armor grows on me.

With that Heavy Infantry Mando reveal, i'm wondering how long it will take before Hot Toys go DieCast with these.

If the series is a big seller I can see Hot Toys adding diecast to the soles of the figures, calling it a diecast figure and having idiots lining up to buy it for $$450.

Episode 4 was really good too. The baby is just the cutest thing EVER! Really hope I won?t need to buy the beskar armor version too to get it [emoji51] ...even though that armor grows on me.

Is #4 out already? *Time zones* I waz saving for later:cool:. IMO think the IM comparison is good - was gonna hold out for release #2 - like beskar armor and maybe even a full head sculpt + baby.

But made that mistake after I got into Captain America and had to pay a few upmarket prices - not too bad; but could see myself getting the beskar version and then thinking I want the entire arc.:panic:

If the series is a big seller I can see Hot Toys adding diecast to the soles of the figures, calling it a diecast figure and having idiots lining up to buy it for $$450.

The way prices are going we all are idiots if we wanna keep the hobby.:lol

I haven't even seen this series. I've seen a few trailers and I know basically what's going on so far.

I haven't been interested in the SW universe in YEARS. YEARS??!!!!!!!!

I instantly preordered this figure. Not only on his own merits - which are strong - but because I think he may go the way of Avengers Loki v1.0

Really would prefer the beskar armor, but this armor is also most excellent and... I just could not resist. I have to have him. I will puzzle out future versions later.

Now back to wondering how he deals with nasal congestion, nausea, eating etc. :panic:

Yeah the release is still so far off, and it would be such an easy thing for HT to make, that I'd say the odds are good [baby will] be included with the final figure.

Bruh.... this is HT we talking about. They are going to milk this for every dime they can, and if they can make you pay around $250 more to get that baby... they gonna do it. You know it. We all know it.

Bruh.... this is HT we talking about. They are going to milk this for every dime they can, and if they can make you pay around $250 more to get that baby... they gonna do it. You know it. We all know it.

Y?know, everybody says that but I?ve been collecting for awhile and other than re-releasing Iron Man?s in diecast, when have they done a version 2 just to release a piece as significant as a Baby Yoda would be.

I remember the Dark Knight figures getting multiple releases but I don?t recall them adding an actual must-have accessory. Can someone shed some light because I?m drawing a blank here.

Y?know, everybody says that but I?ve been collecting for awhile and other than re-releasing Iron Man?s in diecast, when have they done a version 2 just to release a piece as significant as a Baby Yoda would be.

I remember the Dark Knight figures getting multiple releases but I don?t recall them adding an actual must-have accessory. Can someone shed some light because I?m drawing a blank here.

Not just the kid. Baby Yoda plus beskar armor (and maybe something we have not seen yet) equals another figure.

Not just the kid. Baby Yoda plus beskar armor (and maybe something we have not seen yet) equals another figure.

That’s exactly my point. Anybody who’s been paying attention since April knew a Beskar armor version was inevitable. So why are people freaking out that Hot Toys will re-release the original armor and that’s the only way to get Baby Yoda. Where’s the precedence that Hot Toys has done something like that before or do people just overthink things and work themselves up over nothing?

Back