The Losing Intrest In Hot Toys Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew when I passed so easily on BttF Marty that I was over the movie licenses.

Asmus Gandalf the Grey will likely be my last movie character evah - I can't think of a single movie character, even one I used to be excited about, that I'd buy if it were announced today.

I knew when I passed so easily on BttF Marty that I was over the movie licenses.

Asmus Gandalf the Grey will likely be my last movie character evah - I can't think of a single movie character, even one I used to be excited about, that I'd buy if it were announced today.

No Gibson Max? How about a Roy Batty that looked exactly like Rutger?

No Gibson Max? How about a Roy Batty that looked exactly like Rutger?

Two years ago, yes, today no.

Like Wor-Gar said, space is a big factor. But the $200+ MSRP of today's figures is a joy-killer. Even if the local dollar was stronger than the current 75 cents, it's just too much for me to consider paying for a mass-produced doll.

I've got the Star Wars OT cast now and I'm happy. Gandalf caps off the collection nicely. I'd probably be down for some historical figures though... Muhammad Ali, Bob Marley, Nelson Mandela...

frankly im bored of seeing iron men and storm troopers. deadpool will be my last hot toys unless they ever release part 2 marty/delorean and/or doc brown.

I would not say fans are bored, just a lot of us are fatigued out by the constant barrage of Marvel characters and not enough variety in their line ups. Its like seeing the same figures on the pegs year after year with very little difference between the variations. Sure you get new characters here and there, but otherwise its nothing that will make you look twice.

You don't know what "high prices" means unless you're Russian! :lol

This is me since 2015:

9C0UxA4.gif

Cost, available display space and sheer number of 1/6 figure releases (and now 1/4 scale as well) mean I have become very picky.. but Hot Toys are still awesome sauce.
:rock

While I love their three biggest licenses, Marvel, DC and Star Wars, I haven't bought a figure in years.

I only have two figures left actually since I've sold the bulk of my collection... MoS Superman and Snake Eyes :lol

There's a few on my radar that I may pick up if I find a good deal but I don't think any of them are must haves.

While I love their three biggest licenses, Marvel, DC and Star Wars, I haven't bought a figure in years.

I only have two figures left actually since I've sold the bulk of my collection... MoS Superman and Snake Eyes :lol

There's a few on my radar that I may pick up if I find a good deal but I don't think any of them are must haves.

So what do you collect now?

I have sold most of my HT figures too, only ones left are the one that doesn't sell well in the market. :lol

I would like to start pulling away from HT and just quit all together. I have my childhood favorites like 66/89 batman, terminator, predator, Robocop, etc... As much as I would like to walk away, pieces like the Delorean blew my mind this year. I absolutely love that car and when HT makes iconic stuff like that it pulls me in.

Last edited:
I haven't lost interest insomuch as they've done just about everything I want- Chewbacca, Tech noir terminator, Bruce lee, etc. At some point you're just out of cool stuff to make, and therefore buy. Obvious gap for HT is the Matrix. Would totally reinvigorate a lot of buyers.

But recently I've been pulled in by Phicen and the like (lady muerta, lady dragon by moonlight, etc.) and the coomodel vampire. I have to know how they get the wings on.

I've been into this hobby for about four years now and I'm still enjoying it. I enjoy the Marvel films and Star Wars a lot so a lot of those figures are ones I'm interested in. Plus sporadic other figures like Marty, Ripley, etc.

More variety would be welcome but other companies are putting out decent figures too such as the upcoming Quantum Mechanix Star Trek figures and the recently revealed figures from Ghostbusters by Soldier Story. Sideshow throws some good stuff our way too but they're quality is all over the place for what they charge.

Meh I buy there figures still i just don't rely on them like everybody likes to do. I won't be praying for them to make a figure like they use to becuase in the end they'll just put it off for iron man so why bother.

Definitely interested in getting the ripley, alien, and endoskeleton coming up. Not much else though. I mostly try to stick with classics from the 80s in my collection. I love marvel but don't care for the movie looks.

I really hope to one day get some Goonies, at least Sloth. Also would jump on a Bill & Ted or E.T. and Elliot.

I am the only one in my circle of friend and family that is passionate about collecting. If I ever wonder their POV of my collection I go to my local collectable store and see all the HT displayed. 99% of them do nothing for me (Marvel, SW, Batman, SCi Fi etc.) couldn't care less. What I'm trying to say is I am very selective, keeping my figures one per shelf and with a lot of patience maybe one or two figures a year their is a pilot light on that still has my interest.

I like looking at my small display and saying "Their is no FAT in my collection".

Back