The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just funny that they got the Hobbit license and now are not going to use it.

That's awfully premature. It is more likely that there is some entente or exclusive period for Weta.

We just got Dark Rider and Sauron this year. Seems to me the Middle Earth franchise is alive and well with SSC.

We just got 2 of the most expensive and massive LOTR pieces ever made within a couple months. I think you guys need to just chill when it comes to all the end of the line talk. Relax. The Hobbit will bring more.

The Sauron PF was announce early 2011 and no new products or announcements since then.
The Hobbit License announcement was December 2012 and no announcements, hints or teasers since then.

Actions speak louder than words. :monkey2

:lol You poor, sweet, naive thing

Love it!

But seriously, remember how exciting it used to be when you'd come on the forum and see a new thread for Aragorn PF or Lurtz PF? Man, I miss that. SS really flipped us the finger on this line. Unbelievably poor customer service and communication.

lol.. I'll quote this and make you eat those words when they announce their next middle earth release.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, i completely believe we'll see more. The question is how many more. They wouldn't buy a new film license and not use it, and they've been hinting at a bad guy PF coming soon, so i fully expect an Azog PF to be announced.

While there's an increasingly slim chance of a Merry and Pippin maquette, i don't think we'll see anything else from that line.

Now Sauron is shipping, for the first time in, i believe, ever, there are no new middle-earth products on pre-order. No shipment to look forward to, until we get a new announcement.

Sideshow are nearly done with us, i believe. And it's sad, since i've been here from the beginning in the SSW days. If they were going to be doing much else, now would be the time to really pump out new product with The Hobbit movie there for hype. But no. Middle-Earth, or PJ's Middle-Earth, has always been Weta's baby, and they're nurturing it now.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, i completely believe we'll see more.

We may or may not, if we do great, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

The question is how many more. They wouldn't buy a new film license and not use it, and they've been hinting at a bad guy PF coming soon, so i fully expect an Azog PF to be announced.

Logically that would make sense, but we're talking about Sideshow/Middle Earth stuff and I just don't think the passion is there anymore. I don't blame them because they have to do what is right for them as a business. Don't forget the Rick O'Connel Mummy PF. Prototype made, product announced, orders placed, gone from site and orders cancelled! Just because they announced Hobbit license doesn't mean they still have it.

While there's an increasingly slim chance of a Merry and Pippin maquette, i don't think we'll see anything else from that line.

Now Sauron is shipping, for the first time in, i believe, ever, there are no new middle-earth products on pre-order. No shipment to look forward to, until we get a new announcement.

Sideshow are nearly done with us, i believe. And it's sad, since i've been here from the beginning in the SSW days. If they were going to be doing much else, now would be the time to really pump out new product with The Hobbit movie there for hype.

Agreed.

But no. Middle-Earth, or PJ's Middle-Earth, has always been Weta's baby, and they're nurturing it now.

Truth

Here's to seeing if they have something ME on spooktacular, If they don't, well..............:dunno

Last edited:
If they do a PF on spooktacular I hope it's Saruman. if it's a 1/6 maquette, maybe Lurtz

The spookiest for me will be a Shelob statue, either in PF form or maquette! I really do hate spiders, scared to death of them, but I'd still definitely get one. Just to break the monotony of LOTR humanoid releases, more creatures please!

The spookiest for me will be a Shelob statue, either in PF form or maquette! I really do hate spiders, scared to death of them, but I'd still definitely get one. Just to break the monotony of LOTR humanoid releases, more creatures please!

I think a Shelob PF would be awesome! If not, a maquette would be ok as well. IMO the SSW Shelob was not very well done and, let's face it, when it comes to creatures, Shelob IS the spookiest!

I hope SS surprise us with a release like that.

I think a Shelob PF would be awesome! If not, a maquette would be ok as well. IMO the SSW Shelob was not very well done and, let's face it, when it comes to creatures, Shelob IS the spookiest!

I hope SS surprise us with a release like that.

I don't see them doing a Shelob. Too many other unique characters to tap, plus the WETA one only goes for about 1/3 of its original price so not a good sign.

Hmmm, since Weta did a Calm before the Storm update, perhaps we need a Calm before the Calm update for Sideshow... :dunno :peace

No Hobbit License update in 10 months (Announced December 2012)
No Maquette in 1 Year (Sam & Frodo up for order October 2012)
No Premium Format in 1 Year (Sauron up for order October 2012)

:monkey2

Back