The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you own a Weta statue? Give it a try ;)

I don't actually own one. I have seen several in person over the years. I also have seen all of the Hobbit releases at the WETA booth at this years Salt Lake City Comicon. They are nice pieces, although I still prefer Sideshows full sculpted pieces that I have. I have however put my name on the waitlist for Azog on Warg. No idea what my chances are of getting one.

I just posted on their Facebook page that an announcement for The Hobbit or LotR would've been nice today since it was Bilbo and Frodo's birthdays.

I just posted on their Facebook page that an announcement for The Hobbit or LotR would've been nice today since it was Bilbo and Frodo's birthdays.

Nice one!:clap That's what I thought the email I just had from them was gonna be about...no such luck! :(

I wouldn't be expecting any more announcements regarding LOTR/The Hobbit from SS. They have made it quite clear with their non-replies to many of our requests/emails/tweets that nothing new is coming. Sure, they like to sugar coat it by saying "we'd like to" or "there remain many characters and creatures we hope to visit" but the proof is in the pudding. Move on over to WETA, not only do they produce amazing stuff, they actually provide regular feedback to their customers! Imagine that!

I wouldn't be expecting any more announcements regarding LOTR/The Hobbit from SS. They have made it quite clear with their non-replies to many of our requests/emails/tweets that nothing new is coming. Sure, they like to sugar coat it by saying "we'd like to" or "there remain many characters and creatures we hope to visit" but the proof is in the pudding. Move on over to WETA, not only do they produce amazing stuff, they actually provide regular feedback to their customers! Imagine that!

Sad but very true! It was just a 'fools hope' more than anything! I agree with your comments about WETA though 100%! Great Company :clap and that's who I'll be throwing my cash at from now on!

Excellent reaction. I'm afraid I was a bit more precipitous. I had the vain hope that they might actually be making an announcement about something new and when I saw it was just another ad for in-stock items, I deleted the blasted thing and just about broke a finger doing so. I deleted it twice just to get it off my computer permanently! :mad: :slap :thwak :pfft: :gah: :moon

Excellent reaction. I'm afraid I was a bit more precipitous. I had the vain hope that they might actually be making an announcement about something new and when I saw it was just another ad for in-stock items, I deleted the blasted thing and just about broke a finger doing so. I deleted it twice just to get it off my computer permanently! :mad: :slap :thwak :pfft: :gah: :moon

Same here, a slap in the face from a clueless bunch.

Same here, a slap in the face from a clueless bunch.

Lol, I had just the same reaction. Deleted that tasteless ad instantly with a similar attidude they must have sent it to us! At least this message made it quite clear how much they really care about us Middle Earth fans now.

Wow...just got the e-mail...very revealing...perhaps this was there 'post SDCC' news? Happy Birthday...no presents.

I'm still hoping we get a Merry/pippin maquette and their silence is just what they think of as a clever policy and not and actual end of the line...

Have they officially announced they won't be doing The Hobbit collectibles???

It's just funny that they got the Hobbit license and now are not going to use it.

I think we will see something from the hobbit line. They would not announce it otherwise.

I know the lotr line of late is slow, but ss is pumping out a lot of lines at the moment and are aware the hobbit hype will be active for a few years yet.

I think everyone saying ss is done is jumping the gun.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

We just got 2 of the most expensive and massive LOTR pieces ever made within a couple months. I think you guys need to just chill when it comes to all the end of the line talk. Relax. The Hobbit will bring more.

We just got 2 of the most expensive and massive LOTR pieces ever made within a couple months. I think you guys need to just chill when it comes to all the end of the line talk. Relax. The Hobbit will bring more.

Yeah wouldn't shock me if they gave us another Gandalf

Back