The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, at least they could tell us that there is news coming. At this point I think the pre SDCC announcement was just a brush off.

SS deliberately misleading or misinforming customers? Nah... they wouldn't, couldn't... such a practice would go against all they stand for, believe in and cherish. Their devotion to customer satisfaction and quality is unparalleled, there is no way they would think let alone do such a thing.

Anyway I'm off to order my Merry & Pippin Maquette to complete my Fellowship :wink1:

Once all the remaining LOTR statues are sold out, I would expect SS to announce the ending of the lines, while maintaining how they would love to revisit them in the future... Absolutely no excuse for their silence, no excuse at all. :mad:

It doesn't take much to post a picture of some concept art to let fans know what is coming up. The fact that they refuse to do is proof, in my mind, that there is nothing coming up.

Once all the remaining LOTR statues are sold out, I would expect SS to announce the ending of the lines, while maintaining how they would love to revisit them in the future... Absolutely no excuse for their silence, no excuse at all.

Great point there chaber...and rightly so. If they announced the END of the lines, the existing product would NOT sell...regular collectors wouldn't see the point in purchasing the high-end works with nothing else in the pipeline.

The facts are pretty clear:
1) No new announcements for the 1/6th line in over a year
2) No new PF announcements since Sauron/RWOS
3) New company (Weta) gets 1/6th license
4) No communications with fans/collectors about future of LOTR

Line all those up and the writing is on the wall...only remote thing to hope for is a Hobbit line of PFs...but even that is getting a little sketchy based on their lack of comm. If they were indeed working on a line of Hobbit PFs...you would think that they would at least hint at some concept art, a couple production videos, or even some dialog concerning plans and character choices...but we have ZERO! This all leads me to believe that Sideshow is out of the Middle-earth business. Only hope would be for Weta to pick up and continue the PF line in addition to the 1/6th lines.

Will tomorrow be the day we've all been waiting for??? JUST KIDDING! Happy Wednesday everyone. :hi5:

I personally prefer Sideshow statues to WETA statues. Although it is looking like I will just need to wrap my mind around the basic WETA base and what I consider to be more glossy paint apps.

I am disappointed that sideshow likely won't be producing any full sculpt 1/6 statues. I much prefer them to the mixed media PFs. I own all of the Sideshow LOTR Maquettes released thus far.

I, like many of you, am also disappointed in the lack of communication and news from Sideshow. Shame on them.

Overall the Maquettes from Sideshow have more impact as display pieces IMO. The impressive bases, posing and sculpts are very nice.

Weta shines in the outfit department IMO. Have four pieces from their Hobbit line, and my god those belts, straps, inner and outer tunics, boots just spot on with superb paint jobs. Does help I am a sucker for those kind of details, part of the reason why I loved LotR in the first place are the outfits.

I must admit my reluctance to commit to the SS Maquettes paid off in the end. Got Aragorn and Gimli two years ago and held off on the rest because I was not feeling the Wraiths and Frodo & Sam designs. If they had teased Lurtz or Eomer or Theoden I would have bought them all. Ah what could have been. It worked out in the end I guess, but I would have liked for Sideshow to continue the Maq line and seduce me into buying more.

When the Star Wars Mythos line released it had me worried which way to go, but I have a feeling Mythos is draining all the resources for a fully sculpted line with intricate bases and dynamic design. LSB line died, no announcements for Maqs or PF's IMO this is not good.

(sry for the long-*** post :))

I personally prefer Sideshow statues to WETA statues. Although it is looking like I will just need to wrap my mind around the basic WETA base and what I consider to be more glossy paint apps.

I am disappointed that sideshow likely won't be producing any full sculpt 1/6 statues. I much prefer them to the mixed media PFs. I own all of the Sideshow LOTR Maquettes released thus far.

I, like many of you, am also disappointed in the lack of communication and news from Sideshow. Shame on them.

I don't care for the old Weta pieces but they've come a long way. I'm very happy with The Hobbit pieces that I've gotten so far.

If SSC wants to stop the maquettes after Merry and Pippin, then so be it, but I will really miss their PFs if they stop those. I so want a Boromir and Gimli especially.

I don't care for the old Weta pieces but they've come a long way. I'm very happy with The Hobbit pieces that I've gotten so far.

SSC has stopped the maquettes after Frodo and Sam, so be it, but I will really miss their PFs if they stop those. I so want a Boromir and Gimli especially.

Corrected... judging by the reply gagaliya received regarding a Merry and Pippin maquette I fully expect the Sauron PF to be their Middle Earth swansong :(

If that were true, why say more was on the way? That makes no sense.

I think I mention this, not to hurt their sales of parts they have in stock.

But confirmed that, had lied to their customers with the lives of their lines, every day that passes I am more disappointed or disillusioned with the company Sideshow.

Corrected... judging by the reply gagaliya received regarding a Merry and Pippin maquette I fully expect the Sauron PF to be their Middle Earth swansong :(

Agreed...the Sauron piece would be the perfect piece to end it on - how do you top a piece like that after all!!

Just wish they'd say that they are finished with Middle Earth (if that is the case - they seem very reluctant to commit to one way or another), rather than giving everyone false hope of pieces that may never happen.

And as for the supposed new Hobbit pieces...with every passing newsletter from Sideshow my hope for a Bilbo and Thorin PF dwindles just a little bit more....

I don't really know that I'd even buy a hobbit PF from them. Why bother since to me it would look a bit weird to have 1-2 pieces from an entire franchise of an ensemble cast. I mean with the timing alone no one can really see any offering they release as a beginning of more to come right?

I know everyone thinks ss are not producing lotr statues any more.. So what you guys make of this piece behind the rider? Looks a troll to me.
yjy7avy3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

I know everyone thinks ss are not producing lotr statues any more.. So what you guys make of this piece behind the rider? Looks a troll to me.
yjy7avy3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

What is it? It could be a practice piece or a sideshow original? Looks like some ogre or troll. That's it

Back