The Jungle Book

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The animated Jungle Book is one of my favorite Disney movies along with Pinocchio and Peter Pan. I had no interest in seeing this movie based on the trailers but all of the positive reviews have warmed me up to the thought of going to see it.

Just came back from seeing this. I really liked it. It was like the animated film but better. The acting was great, the action was great, and I would very much like to see it again. This is no cookie cutter adaptation. There is killing, Mowgli gets hurt and it shows. The personalities of the animals are nice too. Bill Murray did a great Baloo.

People were clapping at the end of the movie at the theater I was at. They came out and were talking about how good it was. Its a nice kids movie that won't bore adults. Not this one anyway.

By writin' boring dialogues, addin' meaningless plot points and cuttin' character interactions for pointless action? :lol
Sorry but this is goin' too far. By no means this lifeless movie is a good film adaptation of a classic cartoon.

Wait... I thought you swore this movie off.

Good movie. Not great. I would say its a perfect family film. The kids loved it, my parents enjoyed it and the wife and I were entertained and never bored.

Most fun Bill Murray has been in a while.... Well except for Zombieland

The animated Jungle Book is one of my favorite Disney movies along with Pinocchio and Peter Pan. I had no interest in seeing this movie based on the trailers but all of the positive reviews have warmed me up to the thought of going to see it.

Three of my fav Disney films also. I would say this was respectful to the Disney cartoon for sure.

By writin' boring dialogues, addin' meaningless plot points and cuttin' character interactions for pointless action? :lol
Sorry but this is goin' too far. By no means this lifeless movie is a good film adaptation of a classic cartoon.

Yeah, there are so many talented voice actors yet they get nothing when it comes to theatrical stuff. :monkey2

I agree with you. A lot of things were cut from this movie. Not all the animals talked either which was disappointing.

It might be because we missed the first 15 minutes of the movie, or that my back was hurting.. but I thought the film was OK.

I don't understand how this and Barbershop received 95 and 92% on rotten tomatoes respectively.

Someone is sleeping with someone for those scores... jus saying.

It might be because we missed the first 15 minutes of the movie, or that my back was hurting.. but I thought the film was OK.

I don't understand how this and Barbershop received 95 and 92% on rotten tomatoes respectively.

Someone is sleeping with someone for those scores... jus saying.

I can't speak for barbershop but The Jungle Book is the best movie of the year so far and it's not even close. **** was this movie amazing, it got me to tear up twice, I never tear up but this movie gave me man tears, I can't even lie about it. Personally there wasn't one thing I didn't like, everything from the top down was top notch. I personally can't recommend this movie enough.

What parts made you tear up?

I noticed there were some parts that tried to strike an emotional chord but failed miserably IMO.

The director did the film injustice imo I mean, the kid lost his parents, all that was left was some footnote in the film. Also at the end of the cartoon.. He is left infatuated by someone "just like him"

They kinda skimmed over all the assimilation back into his tribe.

What parts made you tear up?

I noticed there were some parts that tried to strike an emotional chord but failed miserably IMO.

The director did the film injustice imo I mean, the kid lost his parents, all that was left was some footnote in the film. Also at the end of the cartoon.. He is left infatuated by someone "just like him"

They kinda skimmed over all the assimilation back into his tribe.

Probably when the kid gets eaten by the tiger :lol just kidding.

Back