The Jungle Book

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any movie could make good use of vivid colouring it would be this. Every trailer now has to use dat grim darkness with the inception BWAAA noise.

Bill Murray as a singing bear has me sold.

Weird that two jungle book movies coming out a year apart though.

If any movie could make good use of vivid colouring it would be this. Every trailer now has to use dat grim darkness with the inception BWAAA noise.

Bill Murray as a singing bear has me sold.

Weird that two jungle book movies coming out a year apart though.

That happens more often than many likely think!

Deep Impact/Armageddon (1998)

Volcano/Dante's Peak (1997)

Babe/Gordy – 1995

Antz/A Bug's Life (1998)

Olympus Has Fallen/White House Down (2013)

Snow White & The Huntsman/Mirror, Mirror (2012)

The Trueman Show/EdTV (1998/1999)

Those are just a few I can think of...but it's always been one of those odd things that happens. It just happened with Hercules last year too.

Yeah there's been quite a few eh? Some of them have to be intentional to try and cash in?

Meh. Makes me want to revisit that old live-action version from the '90s. Just loaded up a trailer. Looks like it could be fun. I saw it once as a kid but have no memory of it apart from the awesome at the time but now obviously lame FMV computer game tie-in that came with my Win95 IBM desktop.

Negativity aside I'd probably watch this on Netflix.

starring some very talented actors and actresses who play/played some very good roles in Marvel films

They've played much better roles in non-Marvel movies. :wink1:

Also :lol:lol:lol at the synopsis saying Scarlett Johansson has a seductive voice.

Meh.
I want Kaa to be Mowgli's friend like in the book...
At any rate, I doubt anyone can beat George Sanders' Shere Khan:

Looks good, but more or less just another cartoon from the looks of the cgi heavy trailer.

This was one of my most anticipated movies, and I am very happy with the trailer. I'm sticking with Civil War, BvS, Suicide Squad, and Rogue One as the movies I'm (hopefully going to be able) to see this year, but I'm looking forward to the Blu-ray release. It looks great!

Visually it looks great, but the cast is very distracting for me. I wish they'd gone with lesser known actors, or perhaps at least had the actors alter their voices more for the performances.

Ugh, why is Disney remaking this in live action?! :slap I loved the original movie, along with the songs. They're really going to screw things up here...

Ugh, why is Disney remaking this in live action?! :slap I loved the original movie, along with the songs. They're really going to screw things up here...

Everyone always says that (on here) but they rarely do botch it up. No matter what, the original will always exist, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Back