Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been reading every comment but did anybody say anything about weak magnets.....I'm talking extremely weak magnets??
I feet like both hands and his head are going to fall off
I didn't even think the head was magnetized when I put it on at first
I really like the statue and sculpt but to be honest, I'm thinking of returning this....I know those hands are going to fall off :(

this is a common problem with a lot of statues they make now a days. Prolly cheaper magnets...cutting corners where they can.

I just opened mine. First of all, this looks WAY better in hand than the pics posted so far suggest (no offence to those that have posted pics). It doesn't look like the pic quoted a few posts ago at all. As usual with these things, people are so quick to comment on the first crappy picture they see and start to freak out, "zomg it looks horrible! Head looks massive! So glad I cancelled".

Relax guys, don't be so quick to judge based on a few poorly taken pics (no offence to those who've posted pics, some are ok, but some make it look horrible when it doesn't).

Some quick observations:

- The quality all round looks fairly good to me.

- paint job on the head is very nice and it looks exactly like the prototype to me.

- sculpt in person definitely looks better than the pictures suggest. The facial likeness to Ledger is there for me, but it's definitely not perfect.

- the size of the head is perfectly fine. It's certainly not too big at all. It's just the pose he's in, whice makes it a bit hard to photograph I'd imagine.

- for anyone that's owned the Hot Toys DX11 figure, the sculpt looks similar to that, but better.

- the tailoring is very nice, however this thing is squished into the styrofoam pretty good, so it needs a fair bit of adjusting to get it to sit nice (at least mine does anyway). I'm gonna hit it with the steamer for a bit to try and get the wrinkles out and flatten down the coat a bit.

Base is nice, but the flames look pretty crap IMO. Very cheap looking, but it doesn't really hinder the statue for me.

- the hands are a bit of a pain to put on due to the 3 layers of clothes, and the magnets on mine are very weak. The machine gun hand is so weak that I can't actually get it to stay on the figure, as the sleeve pushes on it and it comes off. EX hand seems to stay on ok, although still a bit weak but doesn't look like it'll fall off. I'm gonna email sideshow about the regular hand though.

- the pose is actually not bad in person. It was my biggest issue with this piece when I first saw the reveal, and whilst it's certainly not my first choice when it comes to a pose for a Joker statue, in hand it's actually not bad and goes really well with Batman.

- not sure I'd buy this as a standalone piece as the pose does look a bit odd on its own, but together with batman they make a really nice display together and compliment each other perfectly.

Gonna futz with the clothes for a bit to get it all to sit right then take some pics with my DSLR.

Last edited:
With shipping over $500. Definitely not worth it even at $400. Sorry, SS dropped the ball on this. I was not happy from the beginning. Just hoped they would pull a hot toys and make production figure better like they did with Afleck Batman 1:6.

It's totally worth it. Love mine.

Re: The Dark Knight Joker

I received mine yesterday, and I think it's spot on to the prototype. If you hated the prototype then this won't change your mind, but if you loved it then your pretty happy

Took a few pics tonight. It's a hard piece to photograph, but I'll try take some better pics tomorrow with better lighting as it's quite dark where I am at the moment.

fXFzBAV.jpg

e1AFMQH.jpg

ODgXCab.jpg

vlPNjiN.jpg

zi1S0Cs.jpg

YajGE6U.jpg

thank you for the fair critique. my biggest concern is the magnets. I will be getting mine locally down the road and will make sure to put the whole thing together before sealing the deal.

I just opened mine. First of all, this looks WAY better in hand than the pics posted so far suggest (no offence to those that have posted pics). It doesn't look like the pic quoted a few posts ago at all. As usual with these things, people are so quick to comment on the first crappy picture they see and start to freak out, "zomg it looks horrible! Head looks massive! So glad I cancelled".

Relax guys, don't be so quick to judge based on a few poorly taken pics (no offence to those who've posted pics, some are ok, but some make it look horrible when it doesn't).

Some quick observations:

- The quality all round looks fairly good to me.

- paint job on the head is very nice and it looks exactly like the prototype to me.

- sculpt in person definitely looks better than the pictures suggest. The facial likeness to Ledger is there for me, but it's definitely not perfect.

- the size of the head is perfectly fine. It's certainly not too big at all. It's just the pose he's in, whice makes it a bit hard to photograph I'd imagine.

- for anyone that's owned the Hot Toys DX11 figure, the sculpt looks similar to that, but better.

- the tailoring is very nice, however this thing is squished into the styrofoam pretty good, so it needs a fair bit of adjusting to get it to sit nice (at least mine does anyway). I'm gonna hit it with the steamer for a bit to try and get the wrinkles out and flatten down the coat a bit.

Base is nice, but the flames look pretty crap IMO. Very cheap looking, but it doesn't really hinder the statue for me.

- the hands are a bit of a pain to put on due to the 3 layers of clothes, and the magnets on mine are very weak. The machine gun hand is so weak that I can't actually get it to stay on the figure, as the sleeve pushes on it and it comes off. EX hand seems to stay on ok, although still a bit weak but doesn't look like it'll fall off. I'm gonna email sideshow about the regular hand though.

- the pose is actually not bad in person. It was my biggest issue with this piece when I first saw the reveal, and whilst it's certainly not my first choice when it comes to a pose for a Joker statue, in hand it's actually not bad and goes really well with Batman.

- not sure I'd buy this as a standalone piece as the pose does look a bit odd on its own, but together with batman they make a really nice display together and compliment each other perfectly.

Gonna futz with the clothes for a bit to get it all to sit right then take some pics with my DSLR.

His head looks massively out of scale with the rest of him.
Many members don't know how to take pics properly. They are casual collectors not photographers, not even entry-level on photographic. No offense, just telling the truth.

thank you for the fair critique. my biggest concern is the magnets. I will be getting mine locally down the road and will make sure to put the whole thing together before sealing the deal.

Your welcome. The magnets are a bummer. The hand with the gun fell off almost instantly as soon as I let it go, which caused a piece of the gun to break off and also chip a tiny bit of paint on the base. Took a picture and I'm about to email sideshow about it.

Whilst annoying, weak magnets can be rectified by using museum putty on the join to hold them together. Not something we should be doing, but it is what it is. It's a really nice piece and I wouldn't want to give it up due to a weak magnet.

My magnets are okay . The head one was the one that scared me but once I put the back hair on it seemed stable .

Its shame once again Sideshow we are having issues with magnets for the amount of coin we are dropping here.

My Sonja magnets are so bad she is sitting armless while I wait for the workaround which is 6x0.5mm or 5x0.5mm Neodymium Disk Rare Earth Magnets that I will add .This might be useful to others here with the magnet problem but I do not know if these would be the right size as I didn't measure . Just tossing out the idea .

Re: The Dark Knight Joker

Dude I get it, you like it!

I think his point is that you have....many times.....stated your dislike. Why keep coming back and doing it over and over? You don't like and don't want it. That's fine, but do you need to pop a d state you hate it 50 times? Why waste time on something you have no interest in?

Exactly.

Are you guys sure your getting the hands all the way on with all of the clothes out of the way?
I just checked again and mine sit in there pretty snug.

Anyone else have the levitating right leg? I mean it's only a tiny bit, paper thin space, but I'm worried about it nonetheless.

Thanks for the response on the magnets guys..
I did lift all of the clothing out of the way when I put on his hands and they are weak
I really can't complain about any other statue....I've never had an issue with weak magnets before
The only magnet that seems to really grab is the hair piece
The rest are pretty bad...

I think the piece over all looks fine... I just don't see heath ledger in head sculpt.

Last edited:
Back