Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

I too hope he has a switch out hand. I don't see it as BRILLIANT, but I see it as very good and a piece I've been hoping for. I'll get it.

I guess Brilliant might be a bit over the top :lol

However I think the way it captures the essence of Ledgers Joker is almost Brilliant... I can't explain what it is but when I see it, it reminds me so much of so many small moments of his performance.

Pose looks like he's ****ting his pants.

:lol :lol

SS reads the posts then completely ignores them, even the good ones that try to help. Pretty sure it has always been like that and will continue as long as people keep buying. Can't understand it, it would make them more money and us happy, but never happens.

Sad but true.

Sideshow Execs: Let's do a pose no one has done of the Joker yet.
Sculptors: Okay... What do you have in mind?
Sideshow Execs: How about he's hunched over holding a machine gun in one hand, and the other hand holding his card.
Sculptors: Hmm... okay. So can I get some reference pics of Jared Leto?
Sideshow Execs: We're doing The Dark Knight version
Sculptors: Oh sweet! But... Isn't this like 7 years late to capitalize on after other pieces have already long released?
Sideshow Execs: Just do it.
Sculptors: There wasn't even a scene of him doing these two things at the same time.
Sideshow: That's how we roll. What... you think doing an iconic pose would be better or something? Get to work....

:lol

New pics are great, but this confirms to me that this is the far weaker of the 2 TDK previews. The portrait leaves a lot to be desired as there's no Ledger in it, and the head looks too big for the body altogether imo. When I view the portrait my eyes steer directly to his cheeks which seem enormous and not right. As for the paint up it looks pretty good imo, though the hair could be better as someone noted.

As for the pose, I can only assume this was initially taken from the scene where Ledger exits to the big rig that got flipped over and he's seen here hobbling forward with his gun out in the middle of the street right before he starts shooting at Bale who charges him on the motorcycle. The "c'mon hit me!" scene, right? Awesome scene, but the card makes zero sense here if that's the case.

If I'm mistaken then I have no clue what's being depicted here. :lol

Just noticed he carried and fired the gun from his right hand always, never was in the left.

Last edited:

Just want to say the pose looks really good, with him halfway crouching down like that with the gun, but then holding the card also makes it too much. So cut the hand holding card and brighten the color in face. Then a Burton fan may buy this.

Just want to say the pose looks really good, with him halfway crouching down like that with the gun, but then holding the card also makes it too much. So cut the hand holding card and brighten the color in face. Then a Burton fan may buy this.

I have to agree about the card. I really hope that EX is a hand with a knife. I think it looks great overall. The Card just seems..... Forced.

15_SDCC_Sideshow15__scaled_600.jpg

As for the pose, I can only assume this was initially taken from the scene where Ledger exits to the big rig that got flipped over and he's seen here hobbling forward with his gun out in the middle of the street right before he starts shooting at Bale who charges him on the motorcycle. The "c'mon hit me!" scene, right? Awesome scene, but the card makes zero sense here if that's the case.

If I'm mistaken then I have no clue what's being depicted here. :lol

My thought exactly.

I have to agree about the card. I really hope that EX is a hand with a knife. I think it looks great overall. The Card just seems..... Forced.

Hmm there you say it "forced". that is the right word for this pose.

The card he is holdin up, seem like he is holding up a name card. Hi, my name is JOker.

This is miles better than the leaning, mopey, super clean Prime 1. I really like the pose on this one. So tired of seeing poses like the Prime 1 not doing anything. That thing is basically a blown up Hot Toys with a standard Adam head which usually shows no emotion.

This has character.

I agree about the card hand, I think a knife works better there so hopefully that is a switchout.

As much as I REALLY want to like this, I don't recall Heath Ledger ever making that face, or any face remotely like it, in TDK.

I say "pass" now, but who knows, I may end up getting it.

I have to agree about the card. I really hope that EX is a hand with a knife. I think it looks great overall. The Card just seems..... Forced

Still, with a knife on one hand, and a gun on the other... IDK, don't you think it would still look forced?

Pose is good, but his shoulders are too narrow, makes his head looks big!

Another epic fail by SS!

I guess Brilliant might be a bit over the top :lol

However I think the way it captures the essence of Ledgers Joker is almost Brilliant... I can't explain what it is but when I see it, it reminds me so much of so many small moments of his performance.

They seemed to want to bring out the best moments from the film and add it to this statue, like here is my card, the highroad scene when he comes out of the truck. Defiantly getting this Joker, since I do not have a Joker PF, why not go with one of cinema's most iconic performances in movie history, which ledgers was. The base awesome mind, as is batman's. Only thing left to know, is the release date

Best angle, but still it makes the head appear a bit big

Ledger didn't exactly have broad shoulders. It's not really that far off IMO.

This looks awesome.. love the pose and since when do we need movie accurate poses from an exact frame in the film...it's cool to have him not just standing upright.. if someone likes that buy the Enterbay 1/4 and pose him..:) I had that and sold it.. it was okay but not the grail everyone thinks it is.. it had it flaws like the goofey legs...and the crap angles for posing.. also the tacky head from the sealer they used on the face... also it's in high demand because they made like 1/2 the amount of the Batman figures... I wouldn't pay 750-1000 bucks for it.. I purchased it when it was released for like $379.00...which is all it's worth..:)

This looks awesome.. love the pose and since when do we need movie accurate poses from an exact frame in the film...it's cool to have him not just standing upright.. if someone likes that buy the Enterbay 1/4 and pose him..:) I had that and sold it.. it was okay but not the grail everyone thinks it is.. it had it flaws like the goofey legs...and the crap angles for posing.. also the tacky head from the sealer they used on the face... also it's in high demand because they made like 1/2 the amount of the Batman figures... I wouldn't pay 750-1000 bucks for it.. I purchased it when it was released for like $379.00...which is all it's worth..:)

Yeah but you got to admit man the likeness on the EB sculpt is better and looks more realistic than this statue, despite that the rest of the figureit is pretty much garbage and like you said not worth anymore than $400.

I agree to a point.. the likeness is pretty good and in different ways so is the PF version.. I just kind of laugh every time folks get all juicy over the Enterbay figure like it's the standard all else should be set too...The war will always rage on over Heath's likeness and I can accept that too..:) We all make some good points, and it really boils down to each his/her own...:) The best part is..at least we have many choices now.. I'm expecting the SSC TDK life size bust on Tuesday.. I'm very excited for this .. but for some folks maybe this is not the Bale they like or wanted, for others it's a grail...:) We shall see...

Back