The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to cancel this guy due to bills ... :monkey4:monkey2
I wanted him BAD !. :monkey4
Ah well .... fingers crossed I can get him eventually. :banana

Sorry to hear that man, I hope you can get him sometime down the road. I know what it feels like to have to cancel a piece you want so bad.

yep , not the end of the world though , I'll get him !.
Bills first ! Or I will have an awesome statue but no home..... :lol

And I don't know if all my stuff will fit in a cardboard box... :lol

Recieved my regular version yesterday and absolutly LOVE it. A tad dark on the face but the coloring matches the hands perfectly so its not a bother to me whatsoever. #1132/3000. Couldn't be happier with this PF figure. One of SS best!!

I just got through opening mine, it's after midnight after all! When I first opened it, the jacket did have a green "tint". Once I set him up on my bar the jacket looked fine, it is a strange lighting thing as people have stated. The head, looks good to me, looks like a tan caucasian. I hiked up his pants some and the jacket didn't bother me like I thought it would. The headsculpt is dead-on. Jacket looks great, could have been a tad lighter, same for pants. Gun and whip were great, no ungluing from the holster. I love the magnet in the Idol, great touch. The base is fantastic. Overall I am very pleased with this item. I would rate it 4.5 out of 5 on the Vujk scale.
Do not trust my pic, it isn't a good representation . And too much eggnog . :santa:santa
Mine was a normal version 154/3000

IMG_1907.jpg
[/IMG]

I would recommend this to anyone who is an indiana jones fan. :gun:whip:banana

Last edited:
I just got through opening mine, it's after midnight after all! When I first opened it, the jacket did have a green "tint". Once I set him up on my bar the jacket looked fine, it is a strange lighting thing as people have stated. The head, looks good to me, looks like a tan caucasian. I hiked up his pants some and the jacket didn't bother me like I thought it would. The headsculpt is dead-on. Jacket looks great, could have been a tad lighter, same for pants. Gun and whip were great, no ungluing from the holster. I love the magnet in the Idol, great touch. The base is fantastic. Overall I am very pleased with this item. I would rate it 4.5 out of 5 on the Vujk scale.
Do not trust my pic, it isn't a good representation . And too much eggnog . :santa:santa
Mine was a normal version 154/3000

IMG_1907.jpg
[/IMG]

I would recommend this to anyone who is an indiana jones fan. :gun:whip:banana

It could just be your picture but to me it looks too dark. I'm glad you're happy with it though, that's all that matters!

It could just be your picture but to me it looks too dark. I'm glad you're happy with it though, that's all that matters!

If that's too dark, then that's how mine looks too.

It's weird, because of this "too dark" conspiracy, sometime I walk by my Inday thinking, "Dang, that's a little dark," and other time thinking it's one of the best PF's I have. Maybe a little of both...

Here's kind of a goofy question, but I hope everyone will bear with me.

I think just about everyone appreciates how dead-on this head sculpt is for Harrison Ford's likeness. But those of us who have the PF, does the overall statue make you think of Raiders Indy, or Last Crusade Indy? Small difference, I know, but to me he looks more like Last Crusade Indiana than Raiders.

Of course, so long as it's not Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Indy, I'm not complaining... :wacky

Ok, after living with Indy for a day, his color really started to get to me. If you display it in a highly lit area it looks pretty good. But if you are like me and display it in your mancave, it can really start to look too dark. So, I had to break out the paints. I didn't want to get too involved with this so I just laid down about 12 washes on him, then went in with a few pastels. It looks 100% better in person now. If you look on his chest in the second pic next to the shirt, you can see how dark his shade was to begin with.

Before:

IMG_1907.jpg
[/IMG]

After:

IMG_1967.jpg
[/IMG]

close up, after looking at my pic, I need to do some touchups.

IMG_2013.jpg
[/IMG]

I know it is not the same as a pro painting it up, but now I can live with him in harmony! :gun :angelsmil

Last edited:
Here is another pic I took, it is pretty interesting. It shows the difference between sideshows paint on the head piece and the body. The hands are the same color as the body is painted. You can see it is clearly way off.

IMG_1990.jpg
[/IMG]

one last pic of what I am calling done, slight weathering, mainly doing something with the dark jacket.

IMG_1995.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Good job! You would think people painting these would've noticed the face paint didn't match the hands. I wish I had the guts to mess with my figures like this. I'm just too chicken^^^^.

I just got a digital camera so I can finally start posting photos of my collection. I'll begin with the most anticipated piece of the year - Indiana Jones. He sits on my desk and the morning light really accents this statue. It's my favorite time to look at him. I especially like the shadow the figure casts on the wall. I can't add much to the reviews that have already been posted other than my agreement that the jacket is too short. I try not to dwell this. Also, in some light, it does look green. Still, I am well satisfied overall. Maybe someone can find a way to replace the jacket? I would be interested.

I just got a digital camera so I can finally start posting photos of my collection. I'll begin with the most anticipated piece of the year - Indiana Jones. He sits on my desk and the morning light really accents this statue. It's my favorite time to look at him. I especially like the shadow the figure casts on the wall. I can't add much to the reviews that have already been posted other than my agreement that the jacket is too short. I try not to dwell this. Also, in some light, it does look green. Still, I am well satisfied overall. Maybe someone can find a way to replace the jacket? I would be interested.

I just want to add a comment on the shading -which seems to have become controversial. The way this statue is lit and displayed makes all of the difference. A good spot light in the right place achieves the same effect.

Back