The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So-so would be an improvement. It's worse than "so-so"... it's bad, unimaginative, DUMB and completely worthless.

And this is INDY! From RAIDERS!!!

Inexcusable.

:monkey4

I have to agree with Carl. Of ALL the Exclusive choices to make for posing options, they selected an Exclusive that no-one wants and no-one ever saw him as in the film. Who's making these decisions? How did this ever get past a Development meeting. How did it get past Lucas? I'm baffled.

The good news is the Regular is fantastic so problem solved. But as far as Exclusives, a complete letdown and definite disappointment. The poll results say it all, it's like 15,000 to 0 at this point. A big fat 0. 'Nuff said.

I have to agree with Carl. Of ALL the Exclusive choices to make for posing options, they selected an Exclusive that no-one wants and no-one ever saw him as in the film. Who's making these decisions? How did this ever get past a Development meeting. How did it get past Lucas? I'm baffled.

The good news is the Regular is fantastic so problem solved. But as far as Exclusives, a complete letdown and definite disappointment.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I guess I have to ask myself if this second head is worth the $30-40 I'd save somewhere else? I generally get the exclusive when I can, and I love Indy, but I'm really torn this time. What would I do with the second head other than just to have a more limited, "more desirable" version of this cool statue.

Why do I fear another Boba Fett meltdown coming Carl? :lol

Its not the worst by far. Hell Boba's was way the hell worse.

I'm puzzled by the choice no doubt. I don't get why they went with the two heads but it was something that crossed my mind that would happen. Are there other better choices? ABSOLUTELY! Does it make me go ah hell this sucks? Nope. I'm tired of getting worked up over these things. It gives people another display option.

It has to be some kind of corporate Groupthink. No real individual INDY fan would come up with this choice of an exclusive in a million years. Not one.

From personal experience as I'm sure others might know...most 2nd level managers don't know HOW their employees do things nor do they have a clue into the work. Even some direct managers as well.

Scott Klauder is Production Manager...was it his decision?

anyone who would display this with the hatless head must wear their pants backward (if they can even get them on)

From personal experience as I'm sure others might know...most 2nd level managers don't know HOW their employees do things nor do they have a clue into the work. Even some direct managers as well.

Scott Klauder is Production Manager...was it his decision?

Watching SS work I don't think its quite like that with them.

anyone who would display this with the hatless head must wear their pants backward (if they can even get them on)

:lol :lol :lol

The more I think about it, I think the exclusive is pretty lousy. And, I can't see anyone displaying Indy without the hat on.

REGULAR edition for me.

...Its not the worst by far. Hell Boba's was way the hell worse...

I dunno about that. I don't think I'm the only one who wanted the exclusive item and will display it with Fett. Last time I checked the poll no one on here wants the hatless Indy.

No, I believe the poll was who would display the exclusive head. I'm buying the Exclusive. Ya never know I might display it for a while. Most likely not but I don't mind having the option.

Yikes... I've been following this thread for 134 pages and all that I can easily say is NO to the exclusive.

What a wasted opportunity for something to make the coolest PF ever even cooler.

Maybe Sideshow will throw us a surprise on Friday?

The bad news with having two Indy heads is there's more heads for the factory to paint correctly. :(

The good news is that if the factory paint job is bad, you won't have to send the entire figure to have it repainted. :)

This is good I get to save some $$ I'll be buying the reg through Razors Edge now.:D

My thoughts exactly.

What I don't understand is that Trevor mentioned they wanted this to capture the 'essence' of Indy from Raiders without him being 'scene specific'...yet on this statue, he'll always be holding the idol?!

Switch it up to have the revolver in the right hand and the whip in the left, and THAT'S the essence of Indy! Man...why didn't they go there???
:confused:

No, I believe the poll was who would display the exclusive head. I'm buying the Exclusive. Ya never know I might display it for a while. Most likely not but I don't mind having the option.

Yeah, but that's kinda splitting hairs. In a manner of speaking its pointless to have the exclusive item if you aren't going to utilize it (although I know what you mean about liking the option and I concede that point). Plus buying it doesn't necessarily mean you want it. And really I should have added to display at the end of my post because that's really what I meant, I was careful to add to display with Boba, since alot of people bought it with no desire to use it.

I'm kinda confused with the exclusive myself. It would have been cool to have the Grail Cup or even one of those stones from Temple of Doom. The only way I picture Indy without the hat is when he's wearing his suit teaching. Once he's in the Indy "adventurer" mode I cannot ever envision him without the hat.

Back