The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, update: No followup response from SSC's yesterday. The customer service rep I have been dealing with may have been out. I will let you all know when I hear something. If they do nothing about it, they'll likely force my hand to escalate the issue. If any of you have issues, hold off on writing them at the moment. It would serve us all better to compile them all together and submit them in one email or letter. So please hold off until I hear back from them.

Guys, update: No followup response from SSC's yesterday. The customer service rep I have been dealing with may have been out. I will let you all know when I hear something. If they do nothing about it, they'll likely force my hand to escalate the issue. If any of you have issues, hold off on writing them at the moment. It would serve us all better to compile them all together and submit them in one email or letter. So please hold off until I hear back from them.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope Sideshow comes back with some kind of positive response. Certainly they don't have replacement bodies for everyone who is having this issue.

I've never had this happen with a PF before. There doesn't seem to be any way to fix it short of altering the piece to customize a jacket, which I don't want. And I don't want a refund either. I want a ROTLA Indiana Jones PF. Like many others, this was supposed to have been my grail piece. I'm guessing my cuffs will eventually flake just like all the others.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope Sideshow comes back with some kind of positive response. Certainly they don't have replacement bodies for everyone who is having this issue.

I've never had this happen with a PF before. There doesn't seem to be any way to fix it short of altering the piece to customize a jacket, which I don't want. And I don't want a refund either. I want a ROTLA Indiana Jones PF. Like many others, this was supposed to have been my grail piece. I'm guessing my cuffs will eventually flake just like all the others.

You're welcome. Like I said, I am trying to take care of this amicably with SSC's, so the ball is in their court. If they want me as a continuing consumer, do not want bad press about a defective item, and to do the right thing, they will try to offer something. If they offer nothing, I think that speaks volumes. But, like I said, I am giving them a chance to make this right. If our Indy's are not replaceable at this point, they can at least offer another collectible or enough points for something else. No consumer should have to pay that kind of money and now be frankly, heartbroken and wondering how long the piece has before it is an eyesore. I do strongly recommend to all to stop touching the jacket altogether.

Thanks for all the information and your efforts to inform everyone, CNC. Even though my Indy doesn't show any issues now...I'm concerned that it will in the future.

RotLA Indy is one of my most treasured pieces and I'd hate for anything to happen to it.

Oh no, I just checked my Raiders PF, and my jacket is showing small signs of the problems people are describing here, so I guess it's going to be a matter of time before it's going to crumble. What the heck! It's the only PF I own and I love it, I can't stand the idea of it rotting away. I really hope Sideshow will find a solution for this, or it will be the one and only PF I ever own. :(

Anyone having the same issue on the KotCS PF ?

My KOTCS PF is doing fine - I haven't noticed any deterioration or any sign that it might be happening. The jacket doesn't have any stiffness around the cuffs nor does it feel sticky or appear to be sticking to his hands. I'll keep a close eye on it though.

You're welcome. Like I said, I am trying to take care of this amicably with SSC's, so the ball is in their court. If they want me as a continuing consumer, do not want bad press about a defective item, and to do the right thing, they will try to offer something. If they offer nothing, I think that speaks volumes. But, like I said, I am giving them a chance to make this right. If our Indy's are not replaceable at this point, they can at least offer another collectible or enough points for something else. No consumer should have to pay that kind of money and now be frankly, heartbroken and wondering how long the piece has before it is an eyesore. I do strongly recommend to all to stop touching the jacket altogether.

I think you are dreaming. The most they will offer you would be like 25% back or something but at this late in the game it will be new territory I have never went down. But I believe that only happens if you purchased directly from SSC. You could go dig up the Alien Queen diorama threads, the ones that were flaking and see what SSC did for them, I have feeling it wasn't much.

I think you are dreaming. The most they will offer you would be like 25% back or something but at this late in the game it will be new territory I have never went down. But I believe that only happens if you purchased directly from SSC. You could go dig up the Alien Queen diorama threads, the ones that were flaking and see what SSC did for them, I have feeling it wasn't much.

:exactly:

Keep in mind that I'm not saying I agree with this, but based on what I've seen in the past, I think we'll be lucky to get anything at all. :(

So I finally remembered to check my PF. The bad news is, mine is flaking as well, the good news is, it's only flaking on the inside of the cuff. I wrapped some saran wrap around the hand where the cuff touches so there is some sort of barrier. Hopefully this helps prevent any further deterioration :(

i'm new to this collecting. I've recently purchased the ROTLA from another source, and have also noticed a small piece of flaking around the left cuff. It appears as though the cuff was stuck to the wrist region at some point, as there is a mark on the polystone in the wrist area hidden by the cuff fortunately.
NOT HAPPY!

i'm new to this collecting. I've recently purchased the ROTLA from another source, and have also noticed a small piece of flaking around the left cuff. It appears as though the cuff was stuck to the wrist region at some point, as there is a mark on the polystone in the wrist area hidden by the cuff fortunately.
NOT HAPPY!

Exactly the problem I am experiencing and others are. There's what...8-10 people on here now reporting it? So I wonder how many out there not on this site are experiencing it?

This problem appears to be obvious to me. It looks like a design flaw as the problem is too similar in multiple situations. The glue breakdown scenario sounds like a very probable culprit.
What to do? i absolutley love this PF and may have too replace the jacket! god knows how.

This problem appears to be obvious to me. It looks like a design flaw as the problem is too similar in multiple situations. The glue breakdown scenario sounds like a very probable culprit.
What to do? i absolutley love this PF and may have too replace the jacket! god knows how.

I'm thinking about removing the jacket to ensure the safety of the actual piece and the paint job.

I'm experimenting with a couple of techniques to halt the further deterioration of the jacket cuffs, including applying PVA adhesive to the inside of the jacket cuffs.

By doing this I am hoping that the relatively 'inert' liquid/low viscosity adhesive will permeate through the porous fabric and adhere to the underside of the faux leather, and in doing so re-bond the faux leather to the fabric supporting it, preventing it from peeling away.

A couple of questions for those of you who have removed the jacket from the statute:

1. How easy was it to remove the jacket ?
  2. Has anyone had a custom jacket made in 1:4 scale?
  3. If so how did you fit it to the statue?
  4. Did you have to break the arms and then re-attach them ?

all good questions that we'd all like too know.
i would say personally, breaking a limb is out of the question though.

Maybe the jacket could have thin velcro strips under the seams on the back, so the jacket could split open at the rear - no glue anywhere, just micro stitching at each seam joint.
To put it on, you could split it at the back, put through each arm separately and then close the back at the seams via thin velro strips
(or thin magnetic strips in the jacket seam locations at the rear?)

Back