The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's terrible. I'm not a PF guy but I sympathize with you all. What do you think Sideshow will do? What would you like them to do? I don't imagine they have any replacements left. Are you hoping for a refund?

To me, paying 300-350 for a statue, I shouldn't have to take a further risk to fix what is apparently a production issue.

You could make it with some velcro parts or something so it would be removable, but making a new jacket is WAY more work and expense than I would be willing to go through, especially to correct a manufacturing defect. I'm considering selling mine before it deteriorates.

That's terrible. I'm not a PF guy but I sympathize with you all. What do you think Sideshow will do? What would you like them to do? I don't imagine they have any replacements left. Are you hoping for a refund?

I don't know what they CAN do at this point. Even if they had replacements for all these, chances are the replacements would have the same problem. I wouldn't dream of asking for a refund. Like CollectorNC I didn't buy mine directly from them. I think I'm going to have to come up with my own solution.

In my case, you're right, unless they have replacement bodies still, the only other option is a refund or credit. More likely a credit as I am sure they'd want me to use it on a SSC's item, which I would be happy to if they resolve this satisfactorily. I don't think I am asking for anything unfair or out of the ordinary. I would like to resolve the amicably.

I don't know what they CAN do at this point. Even if they had replacements for all these, chances are the replacements would have the same problem. I wouldn't dream of asking for a refund. Like CollectorNC I didn't buy mine directly from them. I think I'm going to have to come up with my own solution.

It shouldn't matter whether you buy through them or not. Obviously you can't buy through them on a sold out item. They have to stand by the workmanship of their product. This is the true test of what kind of company they are. We shall see.

The first picture I posted was when I went to add conditioner to it. The more I touched it, the worse it got. I wouldn't recommend it.

The damaged cuff can be folded under (like you'd do if your sleeves were too long). It looks a little wonky but better than the alternative. I wonder how they handled the PF Crystal Skull jacket?

My KOTCS PF does not have the same problem but it is not as old either. I can't get a good idea yet if it is glued or not. Rocketeer is all good because it is stitched at the end, no glue.

The first picture I posted was when I went to add conditioner to it. The more I touched it, the worse it got. I wouldn't recommend it.

The damaged cuff can be folded under (like you'd do if your sleeves were too long).
It looks a little wonky but better than the alternative. I wonder how they handled the PF Crystal Skull jacket?

It is unfortunate but this is probably what I will end up doing if it gets really bad.

I'm pretty sure they're just going to say that you're out of luck. The idea that they would give people refunds at this point seems wildly optimistic to me.

That's bad business. If they care about customer retention, they'll offer something. They have to stand by their products. If they don't no one will trust them and they'll lose customers.

As I stated before SSC was very helpful when I contacted them. They paid for the shipping and everything. SSC stands by their products to be sure. This is an unusual situation and I don't know what they can do. Let us know what you find out. Are you going to mention that others are having this problem?

As I stated before SSC was very helpful when I contacted them. They paid for the shipping and everything. SSC stands by their products to be sure. This is an unusual situation and I don't know what they can do. Let us know what you find out. Are you going to mention that others are having this problem?

Yes, I've mentioned your problem and some others so they know it's not an isolated incident. I think a lot of people put these things in cabinets and forget about them so theirs could be having the same issue and they don't know. I will let all know what their response is.

https://hottoys-comedian-oil.blogspot.com/

This was a problem with Hot Toys and don't know if they helped the customers out that trusted them with their hardearned money or not. But hopefully they did and hopefully SSC's will realize there's an issue and offer something. I have bought 3 statues in 4 months from SSC's. I would like to buy others in the future (and have one pre-ordered) but all of that will stop if it's not resolved in a fair manner.

That's bad business. If they care about customer retention, they'll offer something. They have to stand by their products. If they don't no one will trust them and they'll lose customers.
I agree to an extent. It's certainly reasonable to expect a statue like this not to disintegrate after a couple of years.

But to my knowledge, Sideshow has never really had a "warranty" on their products, in the sense of a clearly defined period during which they will repair or replace defects. Instead, it seems like they handle everything on a case-by-case basis. And yes, the customer service people are usually very helpful if you have a problem relatively soon after a purchase (while they still have extras).

But what happens if after two or three years the lights in one of your statues fails, your paint starts to flake off, or your Indy Jacket crumbles to dust? My guess is they will tell you that they can't help you. Of course it might be different if this really turns out to be a problem will all of these statues. They may be forced to offer some sort of accommodation.

I agree to an extent. It's certainly reasonable to expect a statue like this not to disintegrate after a couple of years.

But to my knowledge, Sideshow has never really had a "warranty" on their products, in the sense of a clearly defined period during which they will repair or replace defects. Instead, it seems like they handle everything on a case-by-case basis. And yes, the customer service people are usually very helpful if you have a problem relatively soon after a purchase (while they still have extras).

But what happens if after two or three years the lights in one of your statues fails, your paint starts to flake off, or your Indy Jacket crumbles to dust? My guess is they will tell you that they can't help you. Of course it might be different if this really turns out to be a problem will all of these statues. They may be forced to offer some sort of accommodation.

Many items have an implied warranty rather than express. I guess you could say they give you a 30 day return, but unless you actually do something to cause said damage, there should be no statue of limitation of them being responsible for their product. You pay $300 for a product that should remain in perfect condition for many years to come. They aren't made out of rubber or materials that should degrade, except apparently some of their accessories to the polystone do. I recall a thread on 1:1 busts and a paint flaking problem that was nearly epidemic, it seemed. This at leasts has 4 people on the forum (that have read this thread) who have the issue or similar issue. I would guess that there are more out there that have not noticed. Maybe some don't dust or touch theirs. Maybe some immediately put theirs in an airtight display. I don't know. I just know I paid 300 bucks for a statue 2-3 months ago that is only a few years old and should not be losing value and worth because of a defect. Trust me, if I was drunk, running through the house and knocked it off the shelf, I would fully expect SSC's TO NOT BE RESPONSIBLE. Like I mentioned, car manufacturers are responsible many years down the road for problems that arise during ownership of their vehicles. Now in size and price wise, that's apples and oranges, but the merit is the same.

I've just made a close inspection of my figure and am absolutely gutted to report tht the cuff is stiff and there does seem to be some very minute preliminary flaking on the inside of the cuff of the left arm of the jacket.

I'm hugely bothered by this - My PFs really are the pride of my collection and I've only recently spent £600 buying the remaining Indiana Jones PF figures.

As a UK customer these items are hugely expensive to buy and have delivered and as well as buying direct from sideshow I've picked up several sideshow pieces from retailers like Forbidden Planet. These retailers really won't be able to help me 2+ years after purchase.

I should add that I live in London, England so we really don't experience the extremes of weather/temperature and humidity that some of you guys will experience over there in the US.

I'm totally gutted.

Yeah. Upon further inspection I have found that my Indy has the flaking on the right hand that holds the statue :(. i put some paint on it and hope that it will not get worse. This sucks as Indy is a grail statue for me. Not sure if i am going to contact SS or not. I am happy with everything about my Indy statue except this. I real downer.

Do we know whether the same degradation of the jacket has occurred with the Premium Format Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Indy ?

Back