The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just think about my Rocketeer statue and the upcoming Rogue PF... Will their jackets start to deteriorate?

What about the Cyclops PF?

Don't know man. I just have Indy and Rocketeer that have leather. Can't remember if Jack Sparrow has anything. ToD Indy has no leather. I wouldn't panic. I'm going to give SSC's some time to respond.

Don't know man. I just have Indy and Rocketeer that have leather. Can't remember if Jack Sparrow has anything. ToD Indy has no leather. I wouldn't panic. I'm going to give SSC's some time to respond.

I didn't notice any discrepancies when I last looked at my Indy or Rocketeer PFs.

I don't think the Jack Sparrow PF has any faux leather besides the belts.

Just checked mine out. No such issues. The cuff of the jacket was a little stiff but that was all. I live in NY and when it gets really hot the air cooler goes right in my movie room where I keep the statues. So it never gets too hot or damp for any number of days.

I'm definitely going to check mine when I get home, a little nervous of what I might find. Really sorry to hear about yours Collector, please keep us updated on SSC's solution (or lack thereof). :(

Well, Bmarz1000 is the one I feel bad about as he's gone through two. I am just not touching mine and hoping for the best and for some comment from SSC's. I took pics today to verify the extent so I can keep an eye.

I don't think 78 degrees is too hot when it's 98 outside. ;) I hope SSC's doesn't say I have to keep my house at 68 degrees in summer.

Of those with the problem, has anyone noticed pieces of the interior of the jacket sleave stuck to the hand, looking almost like the hand had a chip in it?

These pictures are horrific.

My Indys (and Rocketeer) are among my most prized possessions.

I'll be heart broken if they only have a very limited life span.

I mean I have figures from the 1970;s that I played with as a kid that have stood the test of time better than some of these shots.

I really feel for you guys - fingers crossed SSC can square you guys away with replacements.

Hopefully the temperatures and humidity levels here in the UK aren't so extreme as to cause this degree of breakdown in the fabrics.

I live in North Carolina and humidity indoors is normal anywhere from 47-58%...doubt it was that. I've had him for just 3 months and all 3 of those months was basically the same humidity.

Just checked mine out. No such issues. The cuff of the jacket was a little stiff but that was all. I live in NY and when it gets really hot the air cooler goes right in my movie room where I keep the statues. So it never gets too hot or damp for any number of days.

Same thing with me. The cuff was a tad stiff but everything was good so far. My KOTCS and Rocketeer do not have this issue.

Rocketeer I've had for a month and no issues. Of course he was manufactured likely last year or this year. ROTLA indy was made, what 2007?

My replacement they sent me has crispy cuffs already and he was stored in Sideshow's (hopefully) climate controlled warehouse so that rules out the humidity theory. I'm so bummed about this; I may need to have a custom jacket made.

I meant to check mine when I got home and I completely forgot in my rush out the door for an overnight trip. :slap I'll check tomorrow night when I get home, keeping my fingers crossed that all is well. When you buy these pieces, untimely deterioration is certainly not something that you should have to be worried about.

Back