The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the sweet tea! It's fantastic.

I also tried their breakfast and it's great. I had the chicken, egg and cheese on multigrain bagel sandwich and loved it.

Anyway, I hope the second half of the Indy split shipment doesn't take too long to get here. I'm going to be very grumpy when everybody starts getting shipping notices and posting pictures while I sit and wait...

After living in the ATL for nearly 30 years I've long since been burned out on Chick-Fil-A (which started here... I used to eat at the original store). Well, except for their chicken biscuits in the AM. Those still rock my world. Question: are they closed on Sundays out there in godless California as well? :lol

As far as the topic, it looks pretty apparent that my INDY PF will be in the first shipment. Not bad considering I placed my order online via an iPhone while on the tarmac at the South Bend, Indiana airport without any problems whatsoever. :monkey3

After living in the ATL for nearly 30 years I've long since been burned out on Chick-Fil-A (which started here... I used to eat at the original store). Well, except for their chicken biscuits in the AM. Those still rock my world. Question: are they closed on Sundays out there in godless California as well? :lol

As far as the topic, it looks pretty apparent that my INDY PF will be in the first shipment. Not bad considering I placed my order online via an iPhone while on the tarmac at the South Bend, Indiana airport without any problems whatsoever. :monkey3

Well here in AZ they are closed on Sunday, it's for the lord and all that. :monkey3

For a second I thought this was the Takara Indy thread, given the tangents it's gone off on ;)

Mine is coming from BBTS since I didn't feel the need to have the exclusive head. I guess I'll be getting it a bit later than most. Maybe I'll make it a Christmas present to myself.

EDIT: Wow, 4000th post.

Due to some unexpected hospital bills I won't be able to afford both Anakin and Indy this month since my wife and I agreed to a strict "nothing on a credit card" policy when it comes to collectibles. Between the two it looks like I'll have to let Indy go.

Bummer, hopefully they'll do a Temple of Doom Indy PF just as good or better than this one.

Due to some unexpected hospital bills I won't be able to afford both Anakin and Indy this month since my wife and I agreed to a strict "nothing on a credit card" policy when it comes to collectibles. Between the two it looks like I'll have to let Indy go.

Bummer, hopefully they'll do a Temple of Doom Indy PF just as good or better than this one.

Health care is overrated, riches and the force will make u happy! Trust in Indy and Ani, Kevin :rock

Last edited:
I don't want to seem like a ****** but what is the appeal of this particular exclusive? Would anyone actually display him without his fedora? Don't get me wrong the sculpt is killer.

I'm actually considering it.

Here's what went into me considering and opting for the exclusive:

1. removable heads means I can send them to Les for a repaint, if it needs one. MUCH cheaper than shipping the whole figure!

2. It was mentioned sometime ago on the board that someone may cast the hat so that one could display the hat being held in the idol hand while showing off Indy's hatless head:

205.jpg

3. If said hat were to be cast, perhaps there would be a way to hollow out enough of the interior to prop it on Indy's head tilted backwards to emulate this look:

044.jpg

Trust in Indy and Ani, Kevin :rock

Oh I will. :)

I may have to wait for this version though:

indiana_l.jpg

Even when they revealed Raiders Indy I had a feeling that TOD Indy would look even cooler with a machete in one hand, whip in the other, and the movie's McGuffins hanging in a satchel at his side. :whip

Here's what went into me considering and opting for the exclusive:

1. removable heads means I can send them to Les for a repaint, if it needs one. MUCH cheaper than shipping the whole figure!

2. It was mentioned sometime ago on the board that someone may cast the hat so that one could display the hat being held in the idol hand while showing off Indy's hatless head:

3. If said hat were to be cast, perhaps there would be a way to hollow out enough of the interior to prop it on Indy's head tilted backwards.

Actually, I think the exclusive is great. As I mentioned earlier, I'm going to have the non-hatted head aged (either by myself or commissioned) and use the Crystal Skull packed with the Special Edition of the DVD (which seems to be about 1:4 scale) to swap out the ROTLA head and idol with the KOTCS look for a bit more variety in display.

Actually, I think the exclusive is great. As I mentioned earlier, I'm going to have the non-hatted head aged (either by myself or commissioned) and use the Crystal Skull packed with the Special Edition of the DVD (which seems to be about 1:4 scale) to swap out the ROTLA head and idol with the KOTCS look for a bit more variety in display.

That's a rockin' idea there too Nam! :rock

Oh I will. :)

I may have to wait for this version though:

indiana_l.jpg

Even when they revealed Raiders Indy I had a feeling that TOD Indy would look even cooler with a machete in one hand, whip in the other, and the movie's McGuffins hanging in a satchel at his side. :whip

Generally I don't get more than one PF of the same character, but I would consider this one, especially if the sculpt is this good.

I'm dying for a ToD PF Indy. I like the Raiders version, but ToD would be the pride and joy of my Indy collection.

So, I just cancelled my Indy 12" and got on the waitlist for the exclusive PF a couple days ago. Any chance in hell you think mine will roll over? :)

i wish i knew. I would have sold u my excl. for retail. I just canceled it last night.

I just ordered the exclusive off of eBay last night using the Microsoft "live" 25% off discount from a reliable seller. The piece was $400.00 shipped, so I got it for $300.00 shipped!

Can't wait to get him.

Back