The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The idol HAS to be removable.

If it's not, fair warning...

Oh yes, The Wrath of Carl (and others) will come raining down... but look at the hand pics closely, it doesn't look like a one piece sculpt. Once we get a hat, it would look more like he's clutching it/cradling it though, which is okay with me.

Yep. Here's Dusty's post from the other thread:

Indy DOES come with a revolver, I'm not sure where that rumor got started. There will be a 1/4 scale revolver with every Indy, in his holster - removeable. The idol is also planned to be removeable on the final production figure - so you could pose him holdin' a sandwich or something ;)

And, yes... someone already Photoshopped it:
indywsandwich.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

But the more I see that shot of the hatless sculpt, the more I like it.
Oh, the sculpt itself is great. Trevor owns. It's just that it doesn't capture or display the essence of Indy AT ALL (especially without the loose hat to at least hold). That's been the point from the very beginning. It's an exclusive that actually betrays the character.

Yeah that's the pic and the quote from Dusty.
If only a loose hat would have been included, then it would have made it much better although not as good as a gun holding hand.

Yeah that's the pic and the quote from Dusty.
If only a loose hat would have been included, then it would have made it much better although not as good as a gun holding hand.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Agreed. While the lack of a gun-holding hand is disappointing all the way around, a loose hat would definitely have made the bonus hatless head sculpt much more digestible. Heck, I probably would even have displayed it like that from time to time (holding the hat).

Why not a walkie-talkie

It has been done before by Spielberg :D

this reminds me Brian Regan talking about the walkie talkie... hilarious.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/A194vDpXzyA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/A194vDpXzyA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

There are 10 hi-res pics on the Sideshow site. Just go to the "gallery" and then look for the link to the hi-res pics on the bottom on the pop-up.

Thank you Carl! I have been really annoyed that I could never just view the full size pictures on the new site... never knew about the Hi Res at the bottom?!?

You are my new hero :rock

I'd take treasure in hand over gun any day seeing as how he is a famed treasure hunter, *ahem,* I mean archeologist.

Plus, if he had a gun, I think the facial expression would have to change to something a little more extreme, and I don't know how well that would go over.

Not sure if this has been discussed. How is SS going to deal with the seam issue with the excl., esp. since Indy's neck will be exposed. :confused:

Not sure if this has been discussed. How is SS going to deal with the seam issue with the excl., esp. since Indy's neck will be exposed. :confused:

Man.. what to do.. keep my Indy preorder or the Thor PF preorder...

Love both characters... maybe able to keep both, but if I can't. Damn decisions!

Man.. what to do.. keep my Indy preorder or the Thor PF preorder...

Love both characters... maybe able to keep both, but if I can't. Damn decisions!

Ask yourself this question: "Am I a bigger movie nerd, or a bigger comic nerd?" and the answer will be presented to you.

Back