Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures like those back up my pass on this. It's barely thicker than a Dorito.

$650 plus shipping for a painted egg shell is a joke. I'm happy for those who like it but I just can't justify it in any way. It's just not worth that money. Not for the potential accidents that could happen.

are you displaying the statue or juggling with them? :lol As long as you place the statue on a level firm surface it should be safe from accidents...unless of course you are Dr. Octopus :dunno Then you might aswell stay away from this piece :lecture

are you displaying the statue or juggling with them? :lol As long as you place the statue on a level firm surface it should be safe from accidents...unless of course you are Dr. Octopus :dunno Then you might aswell stay away from this piece :lecture

It's not just that. You have to think of over time, moving house, shipping to Australia. On top of all that there becomes a point for me where an item is just not worth the price. It's not like it's an overly complicated design or specialized pain job. It's basically just large.

As it's also an open edition that will be around for a long time and could even come down in price.

Above all else once I saw it cracked open, it looked more like a cheap knock off rather than a quality item.

Again I'm not digging those that bough it. There's something that just does not sit right with me.

Seems like most of the people ripping this piece because it's hollow don't actually own it. If the fact that it is hollow makes you feel better about not having it, then great. But, as other have said, if you had this in hand, you wouldn't care so much about how heavy it is.

Does it bother me that it's hollow? Maybe a bit...but then when I am actually in the same room with it, it doesn't even cross my mind. This Hulk is freaking awesome, end of story.

Seems like most of the people ripping this piece because it's hollow don't actually own it. If the fact that it is hollow makes you feel better about not having it, then great. But, as other have said, if you had this in hand, you wouldn't care so much about how heavy it is.

Does it bother me that it's hollow? Maybe a bit...but then when I am actually in the same room with it, it doesn't even cross my mind. This Hulk is freaking awesome, end of story.

This is true. Although I would not just say the fact that it's light or hollow would be my only reason for not buying it, just that it almost seals the deal.

I still would love to have it, I just do not think its worth the money. For some they could have paid $1000 and been chuffed. It's all down to the individual I guess.

Perhaps a more dynamic pose or better paint might have tipped me over the edge. I am sort of trying to reign in my collection a little since I think we can get carried away with these prices. I already have the Dark Rider, Obi-Wan, Sagat, A custom piece, Superman and Batman on order. I am just having trouble pushing the boat out on this. It's not amazingly cool to me, more just like a solid (pardon the pun!) representation of the Hulk.

Perhaps if I hold out a further version may come out down the line. If not I can always go back.

Last edited:

I bought it. My feelings for it were leanin' toward the sweet side, but I felt its actual value was a decent stretch away from the askin' price. I returned it. I almost wish I could say I regretted it, but if I did, I'd be lying. It's a decent piece and all. There just ain't no debatin' that. It would certainly be worth 200 bucks under the askin' price.

So do we know it's hollow... can we see the other part of the leg.. I mean it seems to be sealed at the pelvis area.

I love how my Hulk PF cost me 300 bucks in 2007. Now this is 650... Geez. More than double the price I paid for my Hulk.

I bought it. My feelings for it were leanin' toward the sweet side, but I felt its actual value was a decent stretch away from the askin' price. I returned it. I almost wish I could say I regretted it, but if I did, I'd be lying. It's a decent piece and all. There just ain't no debatin' that. It would certainly be worth 200 bucks under the askin' price.

Glad to see that someone feels the same. Not digging at the people who do own it.

What was it for you that made you return it? Some of the things I mentioned?

Glad to see that someone feels the same. Not digging at the people who do own it.

What was it for you that made you return it? Some of the things I mentioned?
Yup. Pretty much the same as I saw it.
A good amount of the price is legacy's fee
Exactly. Drop the standard Legacy fee and this piece would be worth it. Couple o years ago, I thought a similar thing about another legacy piece y'all might be familiar with. War Machine. I paid the price and never once thought about returning it. It may have been slightly aggressive in the respect of askin' price. Yet, to this day, I feel I got my money's worth.

Finally my hulk maquette arrive. Its beautiful. Any picture can describe the awesome piece it is. I love the paint, the sculpt. Averything its perfect, even the weight. Homerun for legacy effects and sideshow. Trust me, this thing is beauti in person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is true. Although I would not just say the fact that it's light or hollow would be my only reason for not buying it, just that it almost seals the deal.

I still would love to have it, I just do not think its worth the money. For some they could have paid $1000 and been chuffed. It's all down to the individual I guess.

Perhaps a more dynamic pose or better paint might have tipped me over the edge. I am sort of trying to reign in my collection a little since I think we can get carried away with these prices. I already have the Dark Rider, Obi-Wan, Sagat, A custom piece, Superman and Batman on order. I am just having trouble pushing the boat out on this. It's not amazingly cool to me, more just like a solid (pardon the pun!) representation of the Hulk.

Perhaps if I hold out a further version may come out down the line. If not I can always go back.

Two Excellent. Well thought out points.

A good amount of the price is legacy's fee

Yup. Pretty much the same as I saw it.

Exactly. Drop the standard Legacy fee and this piece would be worth it. Couple o years ago, I thought a similar thing about another legacy piece y'all might be familiar with. War Machine. I paid the price and never once thought about returning it. It may have been slightly aggressive in the respect of askin' price. Yet, to this day, I feel I got my money's worth.

A few pages back I made the same complaint. Now I love my Hulk Maquette and I feel it is the Best Hulk Statue to own out there. However I feel it was also overpriced. 150.00 to 200.00 less and this would be a must own hollow or not. As is you have a light Hollow Hulk and an open ES that is priced 200.00 higher then it should be for a name. A name that really means nothing since it's an open ES.

I don't really care about open or closed ES but when we pay 250.00 more then another statue there should be something a bit more special then just that Legacy name. I would have rather had SSC talented artist make their own Avengers Hulk and save 200 bucks. Well unless they added Flame eyes to it ;) ;)

I love my Hulk and don't regret the purchase because I was able to basically trade in (sell) my Bowen hulks for this. So I really was not out anything.

But I can fully understand why someone would pass on this item.

And I really do think it's a great looking statue.

Fair enough. Not saying everyone has to love this piece. You two seem to have given it reasonable consideration. Others seem to get their panties in a knot over the fact that it's hollow and continuously bash the piece without actually ever owning it.

So do we know it's hollow... can we see the other part of the leg.. I mean it seems to be sealed at the pelvis area.

I love how my Hulk PF cost me 300 bucks in 2007. Now this is 650... Geez. More than double the price I paid for my Hulk.

Yeah, it is. There are some pics a few pages back that show the upper body broken open. It's definitely hollow.

I think the Hulk is a great piece. The price I paid doesn't sting as much as some. I used my points and paid 515.00 shipped!

Two Excellent. Well thought out points.

A few pages back I made the same complaint. Now I love my Hulk Maquette and I feel it is the Best Hulk Statue to own out there. However I feel it was also overpriced. 150.00 to 200.00 less and this would be a must own hollow or not. As is you have a light Hollow Hulk and an open ES that is priced 200.00 higher then it should be for a name. A name that really means nothing since it's an open ES.

I don't really care about open or closed ES but when we pay 250.00 more then another statue there should be something a bit more special then just that Legacy name. I would have rather had SSC talented artist make their own Avengers Hulk and save 200 bucks. Well unless they added Flame eyes to it ;) ;)

I love my Hulk and don't regret the purchase because I was able to basically trade in (sell) my Bowen hulks for this. So I really was not out anything.

But I can fully understand why someone would pass on this item.

And I really do think it's a great looking statue.

Not when legacy owns the rights

Yea $500 would have been perfect for this hulk. That being said, I'm fine with getting him for $600 since I didn't already have a hulk and I really live the look of this one.

Not when legacy owns the rights

If that's the case then how do other companies make Avenger Hulk related items without almost charging double??

I mean was the Hot toys Avengers Hulk way more expensive then other hot toy items?? (He is a bit more but so are other items. Seems to have more to do with his size)

I know this was a Legacy sculpt but couldn't SSC just have made their own?? Wouldn't marvel have the final say??

Just wondering.

Last edited:
Back