Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately the flip side to REALLY heavy pieces is the cost of shipping. Add in the bigger DIM for a piece like hulk and you'd have quite a lot of complaints about how the shipping cost to the east coast is now $80 or more (not to mention how much more expensive it would be to ship internationally) due to weight and size. :(

Even back when the original Hulk PF was new many people were not happy with final ship costs of the piece (and shipping pricing was more inexpensive back then). This was all due to the the hefty weight and size of that piece.

-SideshowAlex

im more than happy to pay

as for that piece, it's quality. there's a reason why its so sought after..

-sideshow bodie

I just think after 700 plus it should be heavy (like the hulk pf)

not a fan of piggybank sculpts. I could stomach this one if it were say 400 but at 700 plus after shipping, tax whatever, with an open ES mind you this needs to be heavy.

I don't really buy the passing savings on shipping to customers thing. Clearly after paying 650 for a sculpt these buyers are not frugal. honestly I see it more as the company making a lot more money by not having to pour more product into the casting of the sculpts, as well as it saving the company shipping costs because they have to send them over seas to have them painted and whatever.

for me the quality meter drops when its too light

I have approx. 1k I was looking to drop on (a) sculpt(s) and was seriously considering this one.. DECIDING AGAINST IT

AFTER DROPPING 700 PLUS I DONT WANT TO BE LEFT SAYING WHERE'S THE BEEF

bodie

thanks for helping me work through this..

and some more pics...

2j4vacm.jpg

2zfpilh.jpg

350447m.jpg

Bump these pics because they made me order this Hulk. Thanks Mamba!

Thanks Alex.
The issue I have is that the spec. is totally wrong.
If a statue is going to weigh 18lbs why were we lead to believe it was going to be 40lbs?
The opposite applied to the P1 LSB, spec. said around 4Kg but it was more like 9Kg in the end which messed up the way I had planned on displaying it.
How can you get the weight wrong by over 100%?

it may very well be because of the size of the box, when the box is large sometimes shipping companies end up cubing the shippment to make up for the extra space it takes, while it still only weighs 20 lbs. they have to add extra weight to make money on the shippment.

I copy loud and clear Bodie.

However, unless you have a Delorean parked in your garage (or a Tardis if you are British) the days of heavier/sturdier pieces that exuded quality right out of the box for $300 are over. I for one don't associate weight with quality. There are plenty of heavy pieces that suck but I see your point.

I am not saying that is not possible to be "wowed" anymore, but the price-value proposition has certainly changed with Sideshow. At $700 the margin for error should be less and there should be no doubt that it was money well spent.

Now, how did the manage to misspell "Limited"...

8550245922_8e649a8479_b.jpg

it may very well be because of the size of the box, when the box is large sometimes shipping companies end up cubing the shippment to make up for the extra space it takes, while it still only weighs 20 lbs. they have to add extra weight to make money on the shippment.

This has nothing to do with the size of the box, it clearly says
'Product Weight: 40.00 lbs (18.14 Kg)'
'Dimensional Weight (DIM) 52 lbs'
Maybe no one at Sideshow knows the difference between lbs and Kg? :cuckoo:

I can understand what you're saying bodie and I agree but I will still be getting this beast.

However, unless you have a Delorean parked in your garage (or a Tardis if you are British) the days of heavier/sturdier pieces that exuded quality right out of the box for $300 are over. I for one don't associate weight with quality. There are plenty of heavy pieces that suck but I see your point.

I am not saying that is not possible to be "wowed" anymore, but the price-value proposition has certainly changed with Sideshow. At $700 the margin for error should be less and there should be no doubt that it was money well spent.

Probably the same way you managed to spell "the" when you meant "they" :lol

Seriously though, I think it's the curse of the Hulk statues... how many remember the comiquette misspelling of "Sidhesow?" They sent out stickers to fix. If we think they are giving any of these pieces more than a fleeting glance for QC, then we are truly fools!

Can't believe you're the first to spot that :lol
Shows how much research goes on in the Chinese factory. :gah:

Maybe it was misspelled for a reason. Like when 10 years from now someone asks why a limited edition piece is still being produced.....

Mine has shipped. I preordered this back when it was first available, now I'm almost wanting to send it back. I can't believe how lite the thing is for the price, and how can they spell limited wrong.

Soild statue feel much better. This is my personal thought .

Completely disagree with this, more weight adds absolutely no value nor aesthetic to the statue display. It only stresses out your shelves more, make (re)packaging and moving more difficult, and cost a ton of $$ more to ship.

Sideshow should provide an option for all those people who demand heavy statues, by sending them an optional lead brick they can put under the base to make the statue heavier and those dorks happy.

I think it is clear that the QC person for SS is cross-eyed, illiterate, weak in the arms and likes netting on Wolf Predator's legs? :monkey2

I still love you SS in spite of said person. :date

Last edited:
Back