Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why wouldn't they want to sell as much as they can? Its a freaking business..

I'd argue that they won't sell near as many as they would if they'd just made an ES of 2000 or so. Not having an ES will keep guys on the fence about buying one. Heck, most guys on the fence will wait and buy one 2nd hand cheaper than buying new. In that scenario SS will only sell one statue instead of two.

Sideshow CEO 1: I need some ideas on how we can improve our capital.

Sideshow CEO 2: You mean how you can improve your fat bonus check this year?

Sideshow CEO 1: <laughs> You got that straight!!

Sideshow CEO 2: hmmm? How bout we increase the price on galactus?

Sideshow CEO 1: Great idea! a normal pf goes for $350 so since galactus is 10 inches taller let's charge 2 1/2 times! I'd say $800

Sideshow CEO 2: but wont customers get pissed because of the price hike ?

Sideshow CEO 1: Nah, I have a plan. We Hint that the galactus will be in our legendary scale line so people think it will retail for $2k. Then we show them the $800 price tag! They will love us!

Sideshow CEO 2: brilliant!!!

Sideshow CEO 1: Next on the list is the hulk maquette.

Sideshow CEO 2: how much are we going to charge for that?

Sideshow CEO 1: well the info that we have received from the online forums is that most are willing to pay at least $800

Sideshow CEO 2: so $800 then?

Sideshow CEO 1: no, I have an idea. We charge $650 and make it unlimited !!! People will order thousands ! And will worship us for it!

Sideshow CEO 2: sir aren't you worried about the backlash? If we keep raising our numbers on our statues it will take the collectible out of the hobby?

Sideshow CEO 1: who cares? As long as I get my New shore house I could give a crap .

Sideshow CEO 2: <laughs> I'm getting a new Ferrari myself

Sideshow CEO 1: <laughs> nice!!!

1/10

fish_fail-14146.jpg

Why wouldn't they want to sell as much as they can? Its a freaking business..

I can tell you this much:
  1. I really like and want this statue and have all plans on buying it. He is the perfect Hulk statue and will look perfect next to my original Cap PF and Ironman maquette.
  2. If it is open ES, I will wait for it to be released and purchase it for FAR less because the market will be flooded with them.
Think I am wrong? Hot Toys started drastically increasing the ES of their releases. 7 out of the last 9 HT that I have bought I have saved roughly 30-40% by waiting until they are released to purchase. The two that I DIDN'T save on were Begins Batman and Rescue Cap because those were Sideshow only releases. :wink1:

edit: I thought I would add that ES really doesn't matter to me on this statue; I would buy it if it had an ES of 3,000. There is just no way I am going to pay full retail when I can save a lot more when the market is flooded with them and people are dumping them.

Last edited:
  1. I really like and want this statue and have all plans on buying it. He is the perfect Hulk statue and will look perfect next to my original Cap PF and Ironman maquette.
  2. If it is open ES, I will wait for it to be released and purchase it for FAR less because the market will be flooded with them.
Think I am wrong? Hot Toys started drastically increasing the ES of their releases. 7 out of the last 9 HT that I have bought I have saved roughly 30-40% by waiting until they are released to purchase. The two that I DIDN'T save on were Begins Batman and Rescue Cap because those were Sideshow only releases. :wink1:

You guys are lucky that you can wait for prices to go down. Because shipping in Canada is so high, we don't have the luxury to do that.

I think the statue is awesome that's why i bought it. The price alone is prohibitive to all but us hardcore collectors. I buy what i like, i don't really care about edition size unless you're one of those guys who flips his pieces once in a while. If the es on this was 200 it would have sold out in minutes and i probably wouldn't have got one. I missed out on the last hulk pf but i got this one and like it better.

Unfortunately it was your attempt at humor that failed.the back and forth comments between 2 Sideshow employees and how they are millionnaire who dont care joke has been made a hundred time before.
Weak.

It failed because you didn't laugh? Oh no I didn't know you were everyone.:slap:lol

I think the statue is awesome that's why i bought it. The price alone is prohibitive to all but us hardcore collectors. I buy what i like, i don't really care about edition size unless you're one of those guys who flips his pieces once in a while. If the es on this was 200 it would have sold out in minutes and i probably wouldn't have got one. I missed out on the last hulk pf but i got this one and like it better.

:lecture If the ES was 200 I would have been 1st in line! :lol

Exactly why I bought mine. :) Have to go 1/4 scale wife wont let me have my 1:1 stuff up in the house. lol

Hey man, nice to see you here.

Yup as the rest have said most internationals will have to preorder this at retail cos shipping costs plus taxes will negate any possible savings from any dumping that may occur down the road.

edit: I thought I would add that ES really doesn't matter to me on this statue; I would buy it if it had an ES of 3,000. There is just no way I am going to pay full retail or a measly 5-10% off preordering when I can save triple that when the market is

flooded with them and people are dumping them.

So what your saying is if you want a statue and are able to wait until after its released to get it and still get it and get it cheaper.... yea open ES sound lame. I mean come on man how is that a bad deal.

I think this Hulk is an excellent sculpt, head not too small with good pose. I don't like the ES being unknown but it is likely be huge despite the high price tag. If it is movie consistent then I think it's unlikely that sideshow will come out with another version like they did with the other hulk PF. Anyway, not pulling trigger yet, nowhere to put it.

Hey I'm fairly new to this forum and I have been reading the last few pages of this thread. Is this "Shai" person some kind of troll or what? If he is actually being serious that's kind of concerning.

Back