The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Avatar as a mindless pop corn film. The story is been done a zillion times before....FernGully, Dances with Wolves... Etc etc...

Seeing those kids as a cast.....yeah that makes me feel like its a Disney promo for Avatar land......

I trust Disney for the most part as the put out good films for the most part...but I really really really hate kid actors.....they overact and almost always make a film worse...

See the entire PT as a reference....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got yet another PF from Sideshow with problems. The Huntress Pf is perfect except every single cape I've seen so far has had bleeding from the purple fabric into the white fabric. Here's mine:

28ed240ba472dd2f2966fd7656280b53.jpg

cef9ae1b31e30d010b91c9a712843241.jpg

I don't know if they'll even bother sending a replacement since I'm sure they're all like that. I don't know why they even bothered with white and purple fabric--should have just sculpted the damn thing.

They have been very very disappointing this year with QC issues....this is sad to see on such a pricey piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Avatar as a mindless pop corn film. The story is been done a zillion times before....FernGully, Dances with Wolves... Etc etc...

Seeing those kids as a cast.....yeah that makes me feel like its a Disney promo for Avatar land......

I trust Disney for the most part as the put out good films for the most part...but I really really really hate kid actors.....they overact and almost always make a film worse...

See the entire PT as a reference....

Disney are great at doing "Disney" films... Lion King, Aladdin etc., all brilliant movies – however they have applied that formula to their other properties now and - for me at least - it doesn't work!!!

The Disney formula always calls for a cute, loveable character that will provide the "Awwww" moment or the comedy relief... in some cases this can be an inanimate object given life... they have now started doing this with their live-action movies, which is not a problem until they shoehorn it into properties other than their own – for example...

xI27AcY.jpg

all true.....not much of a problem for me.....since the SW franchise may have originated the concept......

wicket-warrick.png

Star-Wars-Has-Yoda-s-past-finally-been-revealed-993660.jpg

all true.....not much of a problem for me.....since the SW franchise may have originated the concept......

wicket-warrick.png

Star-Wars-Has-Yoda-s-past-finally-been-revealed-993660.jpg

I will agree with the Ewoks, as they were created by Lucas with the full knowledge of the power (and monetary gain) of Merchandising.

R2 and Yoda however are NOT examples of this... R2 in the original trilogy is a great character, that drives the story and is an inovative design... Yoda too, was not created with the same reasonings of the Ewoks!

The examples I give were all pointless, unnessecary creations created for the specific purposes of marketing or (in the cloak's case) ridiculous light-relief that wasn't needed in the first place!

Anybody have any idea how long it's takes for NECA figures to start showing up/getting distributed in Canada upon their release?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Was able to buy HT's Disney Wars Tie Pilot for a good price.
It was hard to get the armor off but I did it!
Now to finish Mr. Freeze armor. :wink1:

As long as she looks good from normal viewing distance, I'll be happy to have her on my shelf--especially considering this will probably be the only one we get.

Back