The Hulk is the Greatest hero of all.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome-O said:
I don't get these Marvel/DC loyalties, I like both and Indies. It's all about writers and artists. The proper writer and artist can make even the lamest character interesting.

I grew up on Marvel.. Always had a disdain for DC chars.. Not sure why.. Just the way it was/is.. Most of thier c0stumes are bad IMO.. Remember I grew up reading the books in the 70's and early 80's, and that era is still my primary focus when collecting.. Im not current on present DC issues but back then they were dressed up like a buch of fruits.. Robin?.. Aquaman?.. Superman?.. Very gay IMO.

Awesome-O said:
I don't get these Marvel/DC loyalties, I like both and Indies. It's all about writers and artists. The proper writer and artist can make even the lamest character interesting.
I've never understood the need to prove that one company is better than the other, either. I've been collecting comics for over 25 years and enjoy all sorts of titles from Marvel, DC and the Independents.

And just to get back to the Hulk for a moment - The great tribute to Maurice Sendak.

Choosing sides between Marvel and DC is like rooting for your favorite ballclub. Does your loyalty lie with the team or the players? Do you blindly root for a perticular side or do you support the individual talents that work for that company?

wookilar8 said:
Choosing sides between Marvel and DC is like rooting for your favorite ballclub. Does your loyalty lie with the team or the players? Do you blindly root for a perticular side or do you support the individual talents that work for that company?

Im guilty of being a loyalist..And yes my loyalty lies within the team. Shaq can kiss my ass... Go Lakers!! Wooooooo!!!

For myself, when I started to really get into comics, I cared more about the characters than which company put them out. And over the years I've had the chance to sample just about everything. I wonder how many people who do have company loyalty have deprived themselves of some great comics just because they play for the other team.

I do want to say that now I only read a very few titles. The price of comics and having the time to read them has made me cut back.

Batty said:
I do want to say that now I only read a very few titles. The price of comics and having the time to read them has made me cut back.

This is why I stopped buying issues way back then.. When I started they were 40 cents.. I stopped by the time an issue hit 1 dollar.. I recently got a few subscriptions and wow, its 2.99 an issue now.. Not for kids anymore.

Bodie The Cursed said:
I grew up on Marvel.. Always had a disdain for DC chars.. Not sure why.. Just the way it was/is.. Most of thier c0stumes are bad IMO.. Remember I grew up reading the books in the 70's and early 80's, and that era is still my primary focus when collecting.. Im not current on present DC issues but back then they were dressed up like a buch of fruits.. Robin?.. Aquaman?.. Superman?.. Very gay IMO.

How's Wolverines bright yellow NOT gay?

PosterBoyKelly said:
How's Wolverines bright yellow NOT gay?

We will ignore the Wolverine comment..............

Although I like the brown and tan version better, the toggs still look awesome, even if it is yellow.

Awesome-O said:

The Marvel/DC discussion is not really an argument. For the most part, I am playing around. Everyone likes different things.

I read Marvel because of the characters. I am sorry. I have an attachment to them that I do not have with DC.

I do not read comics based on writers and artists. Yes many are far superior than most. But it is the characters that I love, even if the occasional wrier butchers them.

I do not feel that I have been deprived of anything. If they go and kill Superman again or Batman, yes I will probably buy it, strictly on the event.

I can respect the attachment. I guess I have one to Superman and Batman and SHAZAM! but I also have one with Cap. America and Spidey. It IS about the characters too, but neither company to me has ALL good characters, Marvel has some and DC has some, and so do the indies.

Also on Wolvie, bright yellow and sleevless to show the fellas his guns! And on the subject of gay looking superheros (sorry to any homosexuals reading this, but I'm not PC) 2 words- NIGHT CRAWLER.

Awesome-O said:
Also on Wolvie, bright yellow and sleevless to show the fellas his guns! And on the subject of gay looking superheros (sorry to any homosexuals reading this, but I'm not PC) 2 words- NIGHT CRAWLER.

Hello, what about

Aquaman

and

Robin

Mithrandier said:
Hello, what about

Aquaman

and

Robin

And Aqua-LAD I'm not saying DC heros don't have some very......homo-erotic costumes, but Marvel certainly doesn't have it's shortage. In fact ALL superheros have that going on, bright costumes, spandex. Even the "tough" ones like Punisher or Lobo have some homoeccentric feelings about them. The whole machismo of Punisher add the tight shirts, his facination with guns (making up for something?) I can go on. (NOTE: This is not an attack on Punisher/Marvel/DC/or Gay people just an observation) but yeah, all superheros, regardless of company....a little gay overall......Besides, Aquaman is just secure with himself:rotfl

Awesome-O said:
And Aqua-LAD I'm not saying DC heros don't have some very......homo-erotic costumes, but Marvel certainly doesn't have it's shortage. In fact ALL superheros have that going on, bright costumes, spandex. Even the "tough" ones like Punisher or Lobo have some homoeccentric feelings about them. The whole machismo of Punisher add the tight shirts, his facination with guns (making up for something?) I can go on. (NOTE: This is not an attack on Punisher/Marvel/DC/or Gay people just an observation) but yeah, all superheros, regardless of company....a little gay overall......Besides, Aquaman is just secure with himself:rotfl

So all Marvel characters have homosexual tendencies, what about DC huh????
Just kidding........

That is why the black leather worked in X-Men a little bit better than the spandex individual costumes as in the comics.

Same way with the out fits Batman had with Keaton and Bale. They worked out pretty good. But the ones that Clooney and Kilmer and the Robin guy wore with the nips, those were the Batman outfits............:rotfl

Spandex is a cop-out. The human form is easier to draw without clothes. Spandex is merely the closest PG version of that, which can be allowed in comics. It makes it easier for the artists to meet deadlines.

Any homoeroticism detected is an inference. Totally a figment of the critic's deranged immagination. :lol

Back