The Hulk is the Greatest hero of all.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JSAuctionService said:
That is great! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

JS :lol

PS - KC is the best.

Isn't it KFC???? you forgot the fried part............:D

And as far as an answer for epic Hulk storylines...........there happens to be one going on right now..........it is called Planet Hulk.........you may wanna check it out..........or not............

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:
Hmm, looks like some Marvelites are looking for a banning...

I have ALWAYS preferred DC over Marvel - perhaps because I read them first, they're more iconic, more noble, less whiney...
sshield.gif

...and it's Dr. Dentons that have the feet as part of the sleepwear.

You mean you have some good marvel banners...........awesome, let us see them:D ..............maybe if DC gets some of Marvel's writers and artists, they will be as good as Marvel.

not all DC character sux. I mean, we got Batman and Superman. If those 2 move to Marvel then maybe ...

TOE said:
not all DC character sux. I mean, we got Batman and Superman. If those 2 move to Marvel then maybe ...

Well, Marvel s' got Daredevil and the Sentry....its the same thing.:lol :lol

TOE said:

then maybe I would totally quit reading anything Marvel ever made and burn all my comics........

or

then maybe the rest of the world will be turned upside down, the Kurgan would not be Clancy Brown, but Kevin Federline in a ballerina outfit.............

Come on tyson TOE.............the Terrble Tyson TOE, do not spout such blasphemy...............Supes and Bats in the Marvel universe..............nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:D

There is nothing as epic as Kingdom Come in the Marvel Universe. It's one of my favorite stories. I was fortunate enough to get the original hardcover, the comicology book and now the Absolute edition.

Earth X pretty much sucked. :rolleyes:

Since there are now two...............two of you now, that have glorified Kingsman Comes, I will be respectful enough to ask what is the basis of the storyline and who are the main characters of this great, great story?

Please inform me...............thank you.

Last edited:
The cliffnotes version:

Story takes place in the future. New Age of heroes that do not regard life as highly as the heroes we know are in charge.

Superman comes back from self-exile in his fortress of solitude. The Justice League is reformed. They take on the new heroes. Some join them and some refuse them. Those who refuse are imprissioned.

Batman joins forces with Luthor. There is a reason for this which comes into play later. Imprissoned heroes break out of the gulag (prison) and fight the new heroes. Many die and there is your basic moral to the story at the end.

The whole thing has a biblical theme going on and is semi-told through the perspective of the Spectre and a pastor. It really is a character driven story that humanizes all these superhero icons we have known since our childhood. That is the one thing that stands out the most from KC. Most particularly Superman, who's biggest flaw is not seeing himself as the icon that he is.

Also, if you are a Captain Marvel fan this is a must-read book. SHAZAM! :D

So it is an alternate reality story about the DC universe, sort of a What If?............and not in the DC proper.

Didn't Captain Marvel die of cancer??? And wasn't he not in the Marvel Universe?

Yes, it is an Elseworlds story but events from Kingdom Come have found their way into regular continuity.

Captain Marvel will always be the DC version for me. I remeber watching reruns of the 70's tv show that was very losely based on him. I did like the Peter David Captain Marvel run. It's very cool to have an insane cosmic character.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Yes, it is an Elseworlds story but events from Kingdom Come have found their way into regular continuity.

So it is sorta like "The Age of Apocalypse" story line. A "what if" storyline, which AoA was of the Marvel proper, with fallout and characters crossing over.

I wouldn't say it was to a lesser degree, unless maybe KC is lesser to AoA......:D

Honestly, I do not read DC at all, but I do pay a little attention, by reading their solicits and a few issue reviews, but mostly steer clear of it. And I never heard of Kingdom Comes before. I was paying attention to some of the reviews of Grant Morrison's Batman run, but I think it only lasted like two issues.

Oh well, to each their own.

Kingdom Come is 10 years old hence the reason why the absolute version is released this year. It is a modern classic in my opinion so I can understand if you have not heard of it before. It hasn't had a chance for comic geeks to put it on the same league as the other stuff they like to put in a pedestal: Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, Frank Miller's Daredevil and Sin City, Claremont's Uncanny X-Men, etc)

It was also released prior to the internet boom. Otherwise you would see people with a bunch of banners/sigs that say "I'm with Batman", "I'm with the Mankind Liberation Front" and "I'm with Magog". :D

"Mankind Liberation Front", MLF.............huh, Marvel had and MLF with the "Mutant Liberation Front" back in the early ninties...........but as far as I know, no Magog..........

Magog:
Magogactionfigure.jpg

Have to say, it does resemble Cable and Loki, which is not good. Cable in my opinion was an awesome design, Loki, not all that bad, considering he was designed many moons ago. Cable and Loki's love child, Magog, horrible horrible design.

Quote taken from Wikipedia.com:
Magog's character design was based on superhero design trends of the time, principally the Marvel Comics character Cable. Alex Ross stated, "As I remember, Mark originally told me, 'Make him look like everything we hate in modern superhero design."

I actually find it amusing that they would acknowledge Marvel in this way, even with a sad attempt to mock Marvel. But that was back in the day when Marvel was handing DC their rear ends in sales.

Cable:
225px-Cable_%

Loki:
398px-Loki64.PNG

The term "Original" cannot be used when they attempted to use Cable as a template.

Last edited:
I don't get these Marvel/DC loyalties, I like both and Indies. It's all about writers and artists. The proper writer and artist can make even the lamest character interesting.

Back