The Hot Toys 1/6 & 1/4 STAR WARS VISUAL CHECKLIST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hot Toys 1/6 STAR WARS CHECKLIST

And another thread is going towards TLJ bashing. But what annoys me is the prequel apologising... :lol

Let's move on. Bashing TLJ is low-hanging fruit anyway (which am I also guilty of eating once in awhile). What we should really be discussing is why my checklist hasn't received any reputation points yet... :wink1:

Let's move on. Bashing TLJ is low-hanging fruit anyway (which am I also guilty of eating once in awhile). What we should really be discussing is why my checklist hasn't received any reputation points yet... :wink1:

The checklist is bad @ss! However, as mentioned earlier, how come you haven’t put “A New Hope” on the Episode IV section rather than just “Star Wars”?

The checklist is bad @ss! However, as mentioned earlier, how come you haven’t put “A New Hope” on the Episode IV section rather than just “Star Wars”?

As I wrote in the README, I am listing them by their original theatrical movie titles because I like it better that way and what Wor-Gar said... :) Now where are my reputation points - this checklist isn't free you know!!!!!

As I wrote in the README, I am listing them by their original theatrical movie titles because I like it better that way and what Wor-Gar said... :) Now where are my reputation points - this checklist isn't free you know!!!!!

Guilty as charged. Didn’t read the “read me” part. Lol. Still an awesome list. Well done for sure!

Great thread Getter Dragon! I’d give you rep if I could. Just waiting to see Dooku added to that checklist now...

Great thread Getter Dragon! I’d give you rep if I could. Just waiting to see Dooku added to that checklist now...

I'm betting Dameron and Dooku will be up for preorder next. I'd like to see an ESB Lando tease - one of my favorite characters in all of SW.

I thought Rose was unnecessary, but the reason she's there is cos Finn needs a sidekick for his pointless side mission after he was relegated to secondary-character status.

I thought Rose was unnecessary, but the reason she's there is cos Finn needs a sidekick for his pointless side mission after he was relegated to secondary-character status.

So two pointless characters.

I'd argue Poe was another one. Relegated to running around because of pointless misinformation -- thus much of his actions were pointless.

Appreciate the work put in Getter Dragon.
I really disliked the Rose Character but thought the movie ok.
Wonder if the Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander could be listed under Prototype but not for sale list as it has been shown.

Wonder if the Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander could be listed under Prototype but not for sale list as it has been shown.

I'm happy you like the checklist. Can you send me a link to this Commander figure? I can't seem to find it anywhere, unless you are referring to a VGM figure.

I will try to find a picture. It was, I believe a Hot Toys prototype that was shown at a Convention but then Sideshow came out with theirs and there has been nothing further from Hot Toys since.

Amazing job. Well done. Cool thread. What i can say more.

So two pointless characters.

I'd argue Poe was another one. Relegated to running around because of pointless misinformation -- thus much of his actions were pointless.

So a lot of pointlessness :lol

Thanks for re-juvinating this thread after the previous guy got banned Getter Dragon. I'd also give you rep points if I could.

If anyone is keen on giving out rep points I'll take any too :lol

The real reason she was there was to create interest in the Asian market, as the Force Awakens was not a big hit in China. Ergo, the inclusion of Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen in Rogue One. Similarly, the inclusion of Korean actor Byung-hun Lee in Terminator Genysis. Expect to see similar casting choices in future movies.

The real reason she was there was to create interest in the Asian market, as the Force Awakens was not a big hit in China. Ergo, the inclusion of Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen in Rogue One.

The casting of Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen was 100% pandering to the Chinese movie goer (or government?) and it didn't work. It's a shame because both of those actors are excellent and deserved more than the forgettable token cardboard characters they were given in RO. Yen would have made an awesome Jedi Knight in the ST.

On the other hand, Tran is actually Vietnamese and not Chinese, so I'm not sure how her casting would boost popularity of SW in China. But, then again, all Asians look the same to Hollywood executives.

I unapolgetically like Rose as a character and I don't care who knows it. Her character was a part of a weak subplot. Kelly Marie Tran did great work with what she was given. I loved Finn too in the first film. The problem with both of them is that Rian Johnson clearly had no interest in developing Finn any further but HAD to and thus was born an useless subplot to give Finn something to do and a decent actor with a somewhat thankless role(Tran) in the process. Thankless though it may be, I STILL liked Rose and would gladly buy her Hot Toys figure. Worse than Jar Jar? That's just crazy to me. If you want to pick on an actually useless character, pick on Captain Phasma. She's an black hole of suckage punctuated by casting an good actor in the role and forcing her to wear a mask the whole time on top of it.

Back