The home of all your SC Con Ex questions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buttmunch said:
How will the ordering of items announced at SDCC take place. I might not have internet connection at the con and wouldn't want to miss out on pre-ordering any figures announced, especially any Exclusive or Star Wars piece. Will they go up for pre-order a week or so after the con, or even a week or so before? Or will those attending be able to order them in person like last year's Dr. Doom problem?

Yes you can order all of the items that preview and pre-order AT the Con on the booth floor (to clarify, this question was not about the Con Exclusives, but about the products that will be unveiled AT the con). This year, to combat the Dr. Doom problem, we will have a customer service rep hidden away in the booth to input orders on the spot into the system! So definitely come to the booth and view the products and place your orders - no need for an internet connection :duff

Last edited:
Will the big items like LotR and SW 12" figures be handled similarly or will they be priority pre-orders after the show (similar to Toyfair)?

Now that the schedule for priority pre-ordering has been posted, does anyone know what time of day we will be able to order? What time will the madness start? :horror

Thanks

What if an item we have on order, like 12" Obi-Wan or Kit Fisto, will be shipping around SDCC? Could we have the item(s) held back so we could pick it up at the con as well? I imagine not, but thought I'd ask.

Also will Sideshow have a celebrity, like Lance last year, at their booth to sign autographs this year?

That'd be cool if they could hold stuff back, but after the experience with Luke, I don't know if I could wait for a couple weeks to get my figures. I just popped in and read we'll be able to order stuff at the show, that's awesome. I hope they show something cool so I can take advantage of it. (Boba Fett PF):chew.

Just a quick question to the VIP's :D

So far I have 5 of the Con Exclusives ordered :D

Will all the products be available for shipping at the same time ( in 1 box ) or will they be shipped at different times ?
Just trying to save some $$ on the shipping as its $21.45 per box for me in the UK.

WW :lsvader

Welsh Wizard said:
Just a quick question to the VIP's :D

So far I have 5 of the Con Exclusives ordered :D

Will all the products be available for shipping at the same time ( in 1 box ) or will they be shipped at different times ?
Just trying to save some $$ on the shipping as its $21.45 per box for me in the UK.

WW :lsvader

You can email [email protected] and they will see what they can do! No guarantees, but they will definitely do what they can :duff

SideshowDusty said:
You can email [email protected] and they will see what they can do! No guarantees, but they will definitely do what they can :duff

Can they ship mine all in one shipment? OH WAIT! I'm going to the Con so I have to pick mine up!!! :rotfl

But seriously, I do have a question... do they hand out the numbered items in order on a first-come, first-served basis, or is it random just like with shipping? And if you are handed a high number, can you request they try for a lower number? Just want to get that out of the way now, so I don't have to take up the valuable time of the wonderful Sideshow employees at the Con!! :monkey5

Sorry L,

You can not haggle for different item number son teh floor. We will try to give them out from lower to higher as best we can, but can not guarantee.

Best,
C

Kind of a random question, but does anybody think that if I went preview night and straight to the Sideshow Booth that they would have any Dr. Doom's available? I can always hope.....right?

congerking said:
Kind of a random question, but does anybody think that if I went preview night and straight to the Sideshow Booth that they would have any Dr. Doom's available? I can always hope.....right?

:) First of all, no companies are allowed to sell anything during preview night. Second, they will tell you to check their website if there's any available. You know....this got me thinking. Can we buy something and ask SS to bring them in SDCC and we can just pick it up? This way we save shipping fees? :D

quite similar question with above, but... does Sideshow sell any of
their instock items at SDCC ? To buy at SDCC and take home.
(Except SDCC Exclusives)

student_toe5 said:
:) First of all, no companies are allowed to sell anything during preview night. Second, they will tell you to check their website if there's any available. You know....this got me thinking. Can we buy something and ask SS to bring them in SDCC and we can just pick it up? This way we save shipping fees? :D

Well, I don't know about companies, but my buddy bought $600 bucks worth of stuff last year during preview night at the mile high comics booth. Don't know if this is different for the companies that are there though.....

Not to jump in, but they won't be transporting anything more than they absolutely need to. So no buying random items and then picking them up at the con. Although in years past they have had hard to move in-stock items for sale - LotR medallions, random hardsell 12", etc.

SideshowDusty said:
This year, to combat the Dr. Doom problem, we will have a customer service rep hidden away in the booth to input orders on the spot into the system!

You need to make Jennifer come to SDCC then. :lol

Back